message to MTF owners and adminsitrators - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-03-2008, 02:29 AM   #346
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe le Bopper View Post
I was hoping that Raginglamb or whatever the heck it is would hit me back in regards to whether or not it's okay to replace my use of "retard" with merely using the highly inoffensive, not even remotely derogatory "retard" smiley. Sadly, a response doesn't seem to be forthcoming.
If you worded the private message in the same way like this post, I wouldn't hold it against him at all if he read and ignored (maybe he is just offline now and/or wanted to do it later? the case you are talking about is just a few hours ago...) it because there is not much more to say, let alone that you seem to have an honest intention discussing this matter which was BTW a bagatelle in the big ocean of things which are encountered every day on GM; and accordingly was RagingLamb's message to you. A warning (not infraction) with a friendly tone.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2008, 03:07 AM   #347
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing wrong with the wording of my post. It's honest and fair, and not even remotely kiss-ass. Perhaps the latter part is the issue? I suspect yes.

Your post has failed to answer my question; a valid question, as if it's seeking clarification on what exactly qualifies as acceptable behaviour. Just because I failed to write in in such a way that licks the inner crevices of MTF administrations ass, doesn't mean that it's not worthy of a response.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:17 AM   #348
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

You misunderstood, it doesn't have to be in an asslicking way. It just came accross to me as if there was plenty of an ironic and sarcastic subtone in it, paired with a relatively easy question to answer.

So you want an honest answer for this question? It would be that the use of the retard smiley is okay. Of course. Should you ever get a warning or even worse, an infraction, for using the retard smiley (no overuse to qualify as spamming or other forum disruptions) I will reverse it personally if you let me know about this.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 08-03-2008, 03:19 AM   #349

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it was meant to be ironic/sarcastic - the mere premise that one of these things is okay and the other isn't is laughable ridiculous.

But, thanks for the response.

Next time I will substitute the "retard" smiley in, when it's clear as day that I'm still calling somebody a "retard", and know that MTF not only fully supports this kind of attack, but fully supports my use of "retard" in a derogatory fashion

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:34 AM   #350
country flag Neely
-

There are many other ways to disagree with somebody than saying asshole, retard, whatever you like.

As I said, it was a bagatelle issue anyway.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #351

It was, but it led me to wonder what other "bagatelle issues" might be considered offensive enough for Raginglamb to flex his moderatorial muscles.

And yes, there are certainly other ways to disagree with somebody than to use simple one-word name calling. I'm regularly, infinitely more offensive than that.

Regardless, I have my answer: should I ever feel the desire to write something like, "poster A is a total :retard:", it's okay. While this is silly, contradictory, and a lot of other things, it is what it is, so I shall abide by it.

Thank for clarification on the matter.

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:25 PM   #352
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
It was, but it led me to wonder what other "bagatelle issues" might be considered offensive enough for Raginglamb to flex his moderatorial muscles.
He hardly did anything, all he did was sending you a friendly message. If you feel wrongly accused or if you think that's too much, then I can't comment any further on it.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #353
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Regardless, I have my answer: should I ever feel the desire to write something like, "poster A is a total :retard:", it's okay. While this is silly, contradictory, and a lot of other things, it is what it is, so I shall abide by it.
You are right with this! I'm glad you wrote this and that other people read it and gave me a hint that this is indeed silly, confusing and contradictory, and that a smiley shouldn't be misused as an exempt from any consequences when insulting a user. So in other words, I'm withdrawing my earlier statement from above, and from now on let's assume that "you are retard" and "you are a :retard: " is initially the same level. That you may disagree with a user's viewpoint and think the viewpoint is retarded, remains unaffected from this. (I was only referring to it directed at the user personally.)

Sorry for the confusion and I hope this is clear and gives you a better answer now!

Old 08-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #354

Thank you.

Chocking makes me sad.