message to MTF owners and adminsitrators - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:19 PM   #256
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Maybe it adds to the fun for you, maybe you've been here long enough to get over it, but that doesn't mean it's ok. I know more than once people have come to MTF after having a really awful day and just wanted to talk about tennis or something and someone goes after them. Do we really want MTF or GM to be responsible for upsetting people and ruining their days? I just don't see the need for it. Because a few people think it's funny? It's like the It's just totally pointless to me
exactly my case, I was at shock when I first sensed the hostile atmosphere in GM, but now after several months I'm pretty used to it, but it certainly isn't so "normal" at the beginning.

but now it's pretty fun IMO
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 08:20 PM   #257
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
Maybe i just see it a different way but i think that the spice and sauce of the fiery posters on GM in regards to insults and what not are what add style and substance, you know?

I used to not feel this way, when i first came on here, i couldn't really handle all the insults and shit and guys like PD and GM would, i'll admit it, make me want to . But then again, that was when i was 16

Now at 18, i take pretty much everything said on here with a pound of salt and look to add fun to every discussion.

Gu's consistent belidgering of the fakertards, CD's incessant and droning threads about the Clay Monster, Aloimeh and Farenhajt's complete and total delusion with anything tennis related, i think it all contributes to the overall MTF community.
Well it adds *something* - and sometimes it's fun, but what it largely seems to do is prevent any sort of rational discussion about tennis.

People try to actually discuss a point of tennis - strategy, technique, matchplay, mental strength, whatever - and it just ends up with sloganizing (mug, faker, moonballer, WTA, choker etc etc) and then insults toward the posters, generalisations about fans of one player or another, and an awful lot of gibberish.

You do a match result thread and the actual analysis and discussion of the match features constitutes at best 10% of a thread when it comes to bigger name players.

It's largely a waste of time to try and have a sensible discussion in there. That sometimes it actually happens is a triumph of persistence.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:21 PM   #258
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
and thats because i met him in Miami 07 and thought he was an alright guy

Its just his fans and parents and what not that turned me off to him

His fans
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #259
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Well it adds *something* - and sometimes it's fun, but what it largely seems to do is prevent any sort of rational discussion about tennis.

People try to actually discuss a point of tennis - strategy, technique, matchplay, mental strength, whatever - and it just ends up with sloganizing (mug, faker, moonballer, WTA, choker etc etc) and then insults toward the posters, generalisations about fans of one player or another, and an awful lot of gibberish.

You do a match result thread and the actual analysis and discussion of the match features constitutes at best 10% of a thread when it comes to bigger name players.

It's largely a waste of time to try and have a sensible discussion in there. That sometimes it actually happens is a triumph of persistence.
In my modest opinion, you're one of the more objective posters, which is why I've for the most part avoided confrontation with you on the subject of tennis (politics are obviously a different matter), but you're one of the rare few that contributes to the board, although you do seem to get irritated from time to time, especially when it involves Andy Murray.
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #260
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
that's because he was a Djokovic fan till a few months ago
I know.

Until Faker started gettin' close to the #2...
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:25 PM   #261
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
In my modest opinion, you're one of the more objective posters, which is why I've for the most part avoided confrontation with you on the subject of tennis (politics are obviously a different matter), but you're one of the rare few that contributes to the board, although you do seem to get irritated from time to time, especially when it involves Andy Murray.
What's the point of politics if you can't argue about it, eh?

But yes - though I do get a bit irritated over the Murray nonsense that goes on from time to time, I try to keep it civil with people.

I don't come here to exchange insults with people.

I can do that with my boyfriend and he's usually wittier in his comebacks too.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:28 PM   #262
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The match threads aren't the worst. It is easy enough just to ignore the posts that are pure trolling (unless you are in the mood for some back and forth) That's what I try and do.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:29 PM   #263
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Scoobs can't take the fact that Murray is a bottler.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:32 PM   #264
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Scoobs can't take the fact that Murray is a bottler.
Oh don't start
Old 06-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #265
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Oh don't start
Old 06-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #266
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
I see lots of valuable discussion in this thread in the past 2 hours This doesn't really fly with me. My parents raised me to take the high road - if someone goes after me, I'll defend myself or ignore it, but insulting someone back is nothing more than fighting fire with fire. Why should someone who is simply responding to an attack be treated any differently than someone who initiates it? It's still an attack. At the high school I went to, if you were involved in a physical fight, you got suspended, whether you started it or not - the rationale is that if you fight back, you're still fighting back. Maybe it's poor logic, but I have no problem whatsoever with people being warned for responding to an insult with another insult. Even if it's just a response, it's still a perpetuation of the attitude and rudeness that pervades GM so badly now. If you're not mature enough to ignore someone who insults you, why should you be spared from a warning too? You seem to be saying that it's normal that someone who feels insulted would always respond with an insult and I don't buy that at all. I think it's funny when people insult me on here, when I don't insult back, I think it makes the person doing it look even worse - why would I want to stoop to that kind of level?
No, there definitely should be a difference of treatment in my views. For example, Clydey gets banned, and I get a warning. Or Clydey gets a formal warning, and I get a PM from a mod saying I shouldn't react to such insults. Bottom line is, they should be cutting the problem in its roots, warning people for reacting won't be fair and will only worsen the atmosphere. I agree, it's not the higher road (and I know well when to take it, but this is a freaking tennis message board, not a court of justice), but it has its pros. You let the person know that you didn't "appreciate" the treatment without having to lecture her on respect (it might be easy for someone like you who can write long posts fast, but not for me and some people are just not worth my time), and you'll have no regrets in the future for keeping the annoyance to yourself. And I never said there's a norm, people react in different ways, and like you said not everyone can be as mature as you the whole time.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #267
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
I shouldn't like you, but I do.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:46 PM   #268
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

OMG the love fest between scoobs and Glenn
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #269
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Oh behave
Old 06-19-2008, 08:50 PM   #270
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
it started long ago when Gu was banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote