message to MTF owners and adminsitrators - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 06-19-2008, 08:02 PM   #241
country flag Clydey
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 13,243
Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
It's arguable that someone should get a warning for insulting someone out of the blue. Maybe that's a bit harsh if it's the first time, but it could be a good measure if it's going to prevent the poster from doing it again in the future. Like I said, it's arguable.

On the other hand, the concept of someone getting a warning for reacting to an insult is completely absurd. The person who reacts to a personal attack is not the one that should be targetted by the mods, this person is not the one that started the whole incident in the first place, and not the one causing trouble. Of course, the most appropriate thing to do would be to shake off the insult and report the post, but asking for all members to be that cold-blooded is a bit too much IMO.

If not, maybe I should go postal and start insulting everyone, I would get warned but it would be an effective way to cause some posters (the ones that would insult me back) to get warned too. Wow, what a way to treat people equally!

PS: the "his insult was worse than mine" argument tells a lot about who is bringing it up.
It was, but that is absolutely not what I'm basing my argument on. It's irrelevant who's was worse. We both insulted each other and we both deserved warnings. You think that you're entitled to get away with it just because it was in retaliation? There is no distinction between the two in the rules.
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #242
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,179
l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

I have the same problem with this thread that I did with the one which seemed to lead to RagingLamb becoming a GM mod - namely that the very people doing the majority of the complaining are the ones who constantly post the most provocative or insulting messages on MTF.

They are impossible to take seriously.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #243
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Deb, have you ever heard of...

"...and he who takes the sword shall die by the sword..."

GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #244
country flag prima donna
Banned!
 
prima donna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,319
prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
elessar? She rarely fights against Djoko anymore because she wants everyone to like her. It's disappointing


The post that sticks out in my mind is the post RG 06 final. And only because prima donna conceded that the hug Rafa gave his father was nice That was the only good thing he could find to say.
Those were tough times, at least now it's become completely transparent that Roger hasn't a chance in hell of beating Nadal on the dirt.

Part of the disappointment was just feeling like Roger was the best player on all surfaces and Nadal somehow was an intruder that didn't deserve to be there, but now it's easier to accept given that he's a legitimate threat against Roger at Wimbledon and thoroughly dismissed him at Roland Garros.
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #245
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 24
Posts: 33,838
Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
You need to be more honest in the true art of despising Fakervic above everything. Above your liking of Nadal too.
Sorry, mate. I only recent started to hate the Joker, but my love of Nadal will never be seconded

A simple look at the avatar i have will tell you all. Jess the darling made it waaaay back in september 06 and ive had it since Rome 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
elessar? She rarely fights against Djoko anymore because she wants everyone to like her. It's disappointing


The post that sticks out in my mind is the post RG 06 final. And only because prima donna conceded that the hug Rafa gave his father was nice That was the only good thing he could find to say.
I still think clay season 06 was the prime of MTF GM Rafa-Fed fights.

PS, Deb, i've been around here on MTF for over 2 years and GM has always been a shithole, and its not going to change. I believe we should embrace the fact that GM is what it is and we have such a unique atmosphere here instead of trying to cut and slash away any negativity and insults and try to turn GM into a think tank with polite discussions and tea at 4.
__________________
Respect the Laws of MTF
Brush up on your tennis history, people- Top 101 Tennis Players of all Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #246
country flag prima donna
Banned!
 
prima donna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,319
prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post

"...and he who takes the sword shall die by the sword..."

Niccolò Machiavelli
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #247
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,830
Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Deb, have you ever heard of...

"...and he who takes the sword shall die by the sword..."

Yep Exactly right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
PS, Deb, i've been around here on MTF for over 2 years and GM has always been a shithole, and its not going to change. I believe we should embrace the fact that GM is what it is and we have such a unique atmosphere here instead of trying to cut and slash away any negativity and insults and try to turn GM into a think tank with polite discussions and tea at 4.
Of course. But come on now, no one is suggesting that but there's no need to insult each other PERSONALLY. sorry, it's not why I come to a message board. Is it fun to prod and argue about our favorite players sometimes? Sure, but is there a need to call someone an idiot for iat, or insult a nationality or a gender or a religion or a race or a whatever? Absolutely not. And trying to fix it is better late than never, even if it pisses some people off. And I think it'd be very sad and unfortunate to just accept the fact that the only way GM can be fun and interesting is for people to get insulted all the time; I personally don't think it has to be that way.
__________________
LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:08 PM   #248
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,179
l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
Those were tough times, at least now it's become completely transparent that Roger hasn't a chance in hell of beating Nadal on the dirt.

Part of the disappointment was just feeling like Roger was the best player on all surfaces and Nadal somehow was an intruder that didn't deserve to be there, but now it's easier to accept given that he's a legitimate threat against Roger at Wimbledon and thoroughly dismissed him at Roland Garros.
pd, as recently as Saturday you were saying Nadal has no business even being in a grass court final.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:10 PM   #249
country flag prima donna
Banned!
 
prima donna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,319
prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
pd, as recently as Saturday you were saying Nadal has no business even being in a grass court final.
Emotions got the better of me, so what ?

I'm a traditionalist.
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:11 PM   #250
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 24
Posts: 33,838
Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Yep Exactly right

Of course. But come on now, no one is suggesting that but there's no need to insult each other PERSONALLY. sorry, it's not why I come to a message board. Is it fun to prod and argue about our favorite players sometimes? Sure, but is there a need to call someone an idiot for iat, or insult a nationality or a gender or a religion or a race or a whatever? Absolutely not. And trying to fix it is better late than never, even if it pisses some people off. And I think it'd be very sad and unfortunate to just accept the fact that the only way GM can be fun and interesting is for people to get insulted all the time; I personally don't think it has to be that way.
Maybe i just see it a different way but i think that the spice and sauce of the fiery posters on GM in regards to insults and what not are what add style and substance, you know?

I used to not feel this way, when i first came on here, i couldn't really handle all the insults and shit and guys like PD and GM would, i'll admit it, make me want to . But then again, that was when i was 16

Now at 18, i take pretty much everything said on here with a pound of salt and look to add fun to every discussion.

Gu's consistent belidgering of the fakertards, CD's incessant and droning threads about the Clay Monster, Aloimeh and Farenhajt's complete and total delusion with anything tennis related, i think it all contributes to the overall MTF community.
__________________
Respect the Laws of MTF
Brush up on your tennis history, people- Top 101 Tennis Players of all Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #251
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 24
Posts: 33,838
Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
Those were tough times, at least now it's become completely transparent that Roger hasn't a chance in hell of beating Nadal on the dirt.

Part of the disappointment was just feeling like Roger was the best player on all surfaces and Nadal somehow was an intruder that didn't deserve to be there, but now it's easier to accept given that he's a legitimate threat against Roger at Wimbledon and thoroughly dismissed him at Roland Garros.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
Emotions got the better of me, so what ?

I'm a traditionalist.
PD

I feel like this is an AA meeting

"Hello, my name is Jonathan and I'm a Rafatard"
__________________
Respect the Laws of MTF
Brush up on your tennis history, people- Top 101 Tennis Players of all Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:15 PM   #252
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty
 
scarecrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tirana, ALBANIA
Age: 31
Posts: 77,486
scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
You need to be more honest in the true art of despising Fakervic above everything. Above your liking of Nadal too.
that's because he was a Djokovic fan till a few months ago
__________________
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=378

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #253
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 24
Posts: 33,838
Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
that's because he was a Djokovic fan till a few months ago
and thats because i met him in Miami 07 and thought he was an alright guy

Its just his fans and parents and what not that turned me off to him
__________________
Respect the Laws of MTF
Brush up on your tennis history, people- Top 101 Tennis Players of all Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #254
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,830
Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
Maybe i just see it a different way but i think that the spice and sauce of the fiery posters on GM in regards to insults and what not are what add style and substance, you know?

I used to not feel this way, when i first came on here, i couldn't really handle all the insults and shit and guys like PD and GM would, i'll admit it, make me want to . But then again, that was when i was 16

Now at 18, i take pretty much everything said on here with a pound of salt and look to add fun to every discussion.

Gu's consistent belidgering of the fakertards, CD's incessant and droning threads about the Clay Monster, Aloimeh and Farenhajt's complete and total delusion with anything tennis related, i think it all contributes to the overall MTF community.
Maybe it adds to the fun for you, maybe you've been here long enough to get over it, but that doesn't mean it's ok. I know more than once people have come to MTF after having a really awful day and just wanted to talk about tennis or something and someone goes after them. Do we really want MTF or GM to be responsible for upsetting people and ruining their days? I just don't see the need for it. Because a few people think it's funny? It's like the It's just totally pointless to me
__________________
LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:19 PM   #255
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 24
Posts: 33,838
Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Maybe it adds to the fun for you, maybe you've been here long enough to get over it, but that doesn't mean it's ok. I know more than once people have come to MTF after having a really awful day and just wanted to talk about tennis or something and someone goes after them. Do we really want MTF or GM to be responsible for upsetting people and ruining their days? I just don't see the need for it. Because a few people think it's funny? It's like the It's just totally pointless to me
I know exactly what your point is and can sympathise with it, but i simply feel another way

BTW, if i had a bad day, GM would be the last place i'd visit, unless i wanted to troll for fun to let off some steam
__________________
Respect the Laws of MTF
Brush up on your tennis history, people- Top 101 Tennis Players of all Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios