message to MTF owners and adminsitrators - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2008, 06:36 PM   #196
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
He did not get a warning, though. I got a warning.
He just got a less severe warning, that's all.
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #197
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evita5 View Post
I very rarely post in GM, I can't say if RL is a good moderator or not, I haven't noticed much moderating. But I do want to respond to this quote.

I think it's in the best interests of everyone that all members know how a forum is moderated, what posts should result in a warning and which shouldn't. The more information everyone has, the better. I can't see any reason why a mod wouldn't say if he warned another person or not, if for no other reason than to let other members know if the post in question (in this case, calling someone a 'fuckhead' in defense) is allowed or not. If the person wasn't warned and such behaviour is allowed then it should be clear to everyone (perhaps write it in the rules or at least answer the question if somebody asks). If it's not allowed then it should also be communicated to everyone so that there are no misunderstandings.

If a poster feels mistreated and the moderator won't answer related questions about the issue, well, It doesn't encourage good atmosphere in the forum.
I agree with this. If there is a change of moderators, there needs to be a revision of rules. A more detailed set of rules and if there is a warning, the rule corresponding to that warning can be stated.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:41 PM   #198
country flag Manon
@Casteldurante

Manon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond repute

And Raginglamb still ignore me...now it's not nessesary to tell 'I told you so'?

Novak Djokovic, Huan Martin Del Potro, Monaco, Berdych....
Manon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:41 PM   #199
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Also if there are POSTS the mods find offensive and in contravention of the MTF guidelines, then remove those POSTS not 15 page threads. If you can't stand the heat get the hell out and let someone do the moderating. Why should everyone else who participated in the thread be penalised just because someone is too lazy to isolate and remove the offensive posts ?
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:41 PM   #200
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manon View Post
And Raginglamb still ignore me...now it's not nessesary to tell 'I told you so'?
did you want something from me?
Old 06-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #201
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
What are you talking about? I got that warning and haven't insulted anyone since.

It is irrelevant whether they could turn the other cheek. It is as much against the rules as what I did. I reacted to something he said, which was moronic. I stand by that. If I insult him and get a warning and he insults me (with something far worse) and doesn't, that is inconsistent. Like I said, point me towards the rule that distinguishes between my insult and his.

I accept my warning. That was never my complaint. My complaint is that Shotgun did not also get a warning. RL is wrong. There are no ifs, ands, or buts. He was wrong. If you don't think so, show me the rule that justifies his action (or indeed lack of action).
Don't act lawyerish... There are no rule that you can't call another poster a moron either. The purpose of moderating is to prevent insults and your warning did the job. If Shotgun started insulting you and he did not get a warning you would have being correct, what he did is not good too, but 99% of the people would have responded to an insult with an insult, that doesn't mean that they will start insulting other posters some other time. I am sorry, I don't agree with lot of RL mistakes, but I don't consider this one as such.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #202
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post
You're not being honest. I have given you several chances to come out and call me a liar and let it be known that you did warn Shotgun. If you had given him a warning you would have mentioned it. Rather than do that, you have engaged in literary gymnastics to justify not warning him.

We both know that you didn't warn him. All I ask is that you either remove my warning or now warn him. Like I said before, I accept my warning. That has never been the issue. I just want some consistency.
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:43 PM   #203
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post

i will need the name and number of the manager who is in charge of the moderators.

make sure you send it using PM system. i know you are too much of a coward and you have closed your PM system so i cannot send you a PM.

remember i can get the names of people i need to talk to anyway. i have all the evidence and all the truth i need. the burden of proof falls on your shoulders, not mine.

finally, there are enough posters who have already attested to your favoritism and your abuse of your position. check the posts again in this thread so you can clearly see that all you are doing is misrepresenting this forum and that you have become a liability.

you are an obstacle to civil discussions here.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #204
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
he has now given me another infraction for filing a complaint aginst him to the administrators and the owners. he is too much of a coward for closing his account for a personal message from me where we could have resolved this like normal people.
I don't have a problem with you complaining about me. It's your right to do that.

The reason you got an infraction is because you posted your thread in the wrong section. You've been here long enough to know where threads go (one would hope). It said that in the message that was sent to you. Of course you conveniently left that out of your post.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #205
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Even Rafatards have finally (in a strange and bizarre way) learned how to behave.
King of the backhanded compliment
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:46 PM   #206
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #207
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
Don't act lawyerish... There are no rule that you can't call another poster a moron either. The purpose of moderating is to prevent insults and your warning did the job. If Shotgun started insulting you and he did not get a warning you would have being correct, what he did is not good too, but 99% of the people would have responded to an insult with an insult, that doesn't mean that they will start insulting other posters some other time. I am sorry, I don't agree with lot of RL mistakes, but I don't consider this one as such.
Don't act lawyerish? You are not allowed to insult other members. That's a fact. Calling someone a "moron" is an insult. Calling someone a "fuckhead" is an insult. There is no distinction between what I said and what he said. The fact that he retaliated is irrelevant.

I did not randomly call him a moron. I called him a moron because I felt (and still do) that what he said was idiotic. My insult is no different from his. Either both deserve a warning, or neither do. Frankly, opinions do not matter a jot here. It's about the rules. And they are quite clear. We both broke them. You're welcome to prove me wrong.
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:49 PM   #208
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
You're so sweet.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #209
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DhammaTiger View Post
It's idealistic to expect anyone on mtf GM would ever think of doing such a sensible thing as reading rules before posting. Sue you and I know that being sensible and rational on GM is to be in the minority. It's really sad, when rules are posted very clearly and no one bothers abiding by them.
Not you in particular, but i am pretty sick of the elitist views of some people on GM that for some reason think they are "better" than other people because they "read and abide by the rules and facilitate honest discussion" or some other bullshit.

Or saying things in sarcastic tones such as the post above
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #210
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Also if there are POSTS the mods find offensive and in contravention of the MTF guidelines, then remove those POSTS not 15 page threads. If you can't stand the heat get the hell out and let someone do the moderating. Why should everyone else who participated in the thread be penalised just because someone is too lazy to isolate and remove the offensive posts ?

its clear he is engaged in a personal agenda. thats the only reason he begged to be a moderator for so long.

he has lost all credibility and he never had much to begin with. it was all deception and lies. how can somebody, just 27, spend 24 hours a day pouring over posts just to see how many he can edit a day and how many legitimate threads he can end.

he is getting off on infractions he can hand out. what a joke.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote