message to MTF owners and adminsitrators - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #181
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: message to MTF owners and adminsitrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post
You don't know if I gave him a warning or not. I don't really have to tell you. You need to worry about your own posts.

But there's a difference between a personal attack that was made for no reason, and one that was made out of self defense. I'm usually more lenient with the latter.

I hope this answers your question.
Oh, I do know that you didn't warn him. And even if I didn't, you basically just admitted that he didn't receive a warning. Do try and be honest for a change.

So what you are saying is that if someone calls me, oh say, a "twit" I am then free to call them a "fuckhead", "****", "dickhead" etc? Yes, I can see how that's fair. You sure convinced me of your objectivity. Admittedly, I didn't notice that nuance in the rules. Care to point out where in the rules it says that you can hurl insults like "fuckhead" so long as it's in self defense? I shan't hold my breath.

If you give me a warning for an insult, you give him a warning for an insult. It is that simple. I should not have to explain the rules to a moderator, regardless of how utterly incompetent that moderator is. And no, that wasn't an insult, but merely my opinion of your job performance.
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #182
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
Well, if you got "fuckhead" response to your "moron" statement I would have done the same as RL(and probably the same as Shotgun unfortunately). You were the one who started with insults.
That's irrelevant. I accept my warning. I shouldn't have insulted him. My warning was justified so long as Shotgun received a warning, too.

Disagree? Point to me to the rule that distinguishes between my insult and Shotgun's insult. It says nothing about retaliation, particuarly given that my insult was weak by comparison. I'm begging you to point me towards the rule that justifies RL's actions.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:19 PM   #183
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Has anyone actually read the rules regarding posting on GM?
It's idealistic to expect anyone on mtf GM would ever think of doing such a sensible thing as reading rules before posting. Sue you and I know that being sensible and rational on GM is to be in the minority. It's really sad, when rules are posted very clearly and no one bothers abiding by them.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:22 PM   #184
country flag Manon
@Casteldurante

Manon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
You're taking my remarks totally out of context.
Not now, it's too late. I can put several quotes (you can delete, I saved them) over here.

Novak Djokovic, Huan Martin Del Potro, Monaco, Berdych....
Manon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #185
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manon View Post
I am very upset as a Serb. And I'm waiting how will end those 'I'm kissing your *** now' Raginglamb made by primadonna.

I have to find out am I an animal, third-world man, horse....am I attacked by nazzi rasist who can say whatever she wants.

well you saw what Deb thinks of prima donna. that should give us some comfort at least.

some people just have an agenda. raging lamb, glenn myrni, and prima donna fall in that category.

then there are others who are so ate up with hate and resentment that they try to live out their pathetic existence on these furums hating as many people as possible. its pretty easy to see that as well.

like the moron who has "i hate djokovic" in her sig. that is a person simply ate up with hate. there is just no need for that much hate.

i am not exactly a fan of Djokovic but i have to admire his game and his guts to want to take on one of the greatest ever to pick a racquet.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #186
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manon View Post
Not now, it's too late. I can put several quotes (you can delete, I saved them) over here.
Just make sure you quote me in entirety.
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #187
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
That's irrelevant. I accept my warning. I shouldn't have insulted him. My warning was justified so long as Shotgun received a warning, too.

Disagree? Point to me to the rule that distinguishes between my insult and Shotgun's insult. It says nothing about retaliation, particuarly given that my insult was weak by comparison. I'm begging you to point me towards the rule that justifies RL's actions.
Yes I disagree, being a moderator means to moderate any disputes. Giving you a warning should have made you never to start insulting at personal basis again. Being defensive with insulting is not good too, but I doubt that there are many who can be so polite and turn around other chick.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #188
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
like the moron who has "i hate djokovic" in her sig. that is a person simply ate up with hate. there is just no need for that much hate.
Have you been lurking in the Fed forum? Mellow Yellow never posts in GM anymore.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #189
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So what you are saying is that if someone calls me, oh say, a "twit" I am then free to call them a "fuckhead", "****", "dickhead" etc? Yes, I can see how that's fair. You sure convinced me of your objectivity. Admittedly, I didn't notice that nuance in the rules. Care to point out where in the rules it says that you can hurl insults like "fuckhead" so long as it's in self defense? I shan't hold my breath.
What he said to you wasn't o.k. And it was deleted.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:28 PM   #190
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't know if I gave him a warning or not. I don't really have to tell you. You need to worry about your own posts.
I very rarely post in GM, I can't say if RL is a good moderator or not, I haven't noticed much moderating. But I do want to respond to this quote.

I think it's in the best interests of everyone that all members know how a forum is moderated, what posts should result in a warning and which shouldn't. The more information everyone has, the better. I can't see any reason why a mod wouldn't say if he warned another person or not, if for no other reason than to let other members know if the post in question (in this case, calling someone a 'fuckhead' in defense) is allowed or not. If the person wasn't warned and such behaviour is allowed then it should be clear to everyone (perhaps write it in the rules or at least answer the question if somebody asks). If it's not allowed then it should also be communicated to everyone so that there are no misunderstandings.

If a poster feels mistreated and the moderator won't answer related questions about the issue, well, It doesn't encourage good atmosphere in the forum.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:29 PM   #191
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
Yes I disagree, being a moderator means to moderate any disputes. Giving you a warning should have made you never to start insulting at personal basis again. Being defensive with insulting is not good too, but I doubt that there are many who can be so polite and turn around other chick.
What are you talking about? I got that warning and haven't insulted anyone since.

It is irrelevant whether they could turn the other cheek. It is as much against the rules as what I did. I reacted to something he said, which was moronic. I stand by that. If I insult him and get a warning and he insults me (with something far worse) and doesn't, that is inconsistent. Like I said, point me towards the rule that distinguishes between my insult and his.

I accept my warning. That was never my complaint. My complaint is that Shotgun did not also get a warning. RL is wrong. There are no ifs, ands, or buts. He was wrong. If you don't think so, show me the rule that justifies his action (or indeed lack of action).
Old 06-19-2008, 06:30 PM   #192
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i could not have said that any better. thanks for stating it so articulately and thanks for siding with the truth.

english is like my 4th language so i am not exactly the best at saying what i want to say sometimes.

like i said before, that thread about "Djokovic vs Nadal" talking about their different games was deleted for no reason at all and some posters sent me PMs asking me how they can delete a perfectly normal thread that was generating much discussion and where no rules were being broken.

this kind of abuse is just endless and it does not serve MTF well.
Yeah, I took part in that thread as well. It was quite lively. You can't believe how frustrating it feels to have entire conversations disappear as though they never existed. It's very disrespectful, downright childish and completely unacceptable. I hope your thread and our legitimate concerns will be noted by the owners of this site. At the very least, abusive and partisan mods need to be suspended and repeat offenders relieved of their duties.
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:30 PM   #193
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well you saw what Deb thinks of prima donna. that should give us some comfort at least.

some people just have an agenda. raging lamb, glenn myrni, and prima donna fall in that category.

then there are others who are so ate up with hate and resentment that they try to live out their pathetic existence on these furums hating as many people as possible. its pretty easy to see that as well.

i am not exactly a fan of Djokovic but i have to admire his game and his guts to want to take on one of the greatest ever to pick a racquet.
I'm sure that Debbie is a good person, it's just that her views are so radical.

I can't fault her for erroneous thinking.
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:31 PM   #194
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
What he said to you wasn't o.k. And it was deleted.
He did not get a warning, though. I got a warning.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #195
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

check this out. how ridiculous is raging lamb with his little moderating authority. now this borders on sickness. i hope he is removed as soon as possible.

he has now given me another infraction for filing a complaint aginst him to the administrators and the owners. he is too much of a coward for closing his account for a personal message from me where we could have resolved this like normal people.

all i am doing is filing a complaint and urging management to take a good look at this moderator who is abusing his position for his own agenda and he goes and sends me another infraction.

what a pathetic coward. is there any end to your abuse of your little position little man?

but he has a personal agenda to push here so why would he be willing to resolve this abuse issue. there is only one way to deal with this. i will have to contact the owners of this forum
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote