Ugliest shot among the top 30 players - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Ugliest shot among the top 30 players

Murray's forehand 18 14.75%
Roddick's serve 23 18.85%
Gasquet's forehand 39 31.97%
Ljubicic's forehand 17 13.93%
Gonzalez's backhand 25 20.49%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2008, 12:35 AM   #61
country flag richie21

richie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ugliest shot among the top 30 players

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
r
gasket's fh is shaky looking, but not as questionable as his mental state...

Disagree there.
Even when he was in some hot streaks where he was full of confidence,his forehand often singlehandedly lost him some matches.
richie21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008, 12:35 AM   #62
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

I personally find Roddick's serve motion hideous.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:25 AM   #63
country flag groundstroke

groundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond repute

Well someone was going to do this...
1. Federer - backhand, has a weird mechanism to it.
2. Nadal - moonballing, his backhand on hard court is awful.
3. Djokovic - average... hasn't really got an awful shot but his forehand does make the occasional catastrophic error.
4. Donkey (davydenko) - his whole game... no, wait. His volleying and his BH slice is pathetic, it should be a crime to just watch him try those shots.
5. Ferrer - not much to say
6. Roddick - ugly BH,not even close to being the worst in effectiveness in the top 30, but not beautiful on the eyes.
7. Nalbandian - not much... donut dave hardly plays top level anymore.
8. Blake - his backhand is pathetic.
9. Gasquet - forehand needs MAJOR work.
10. Wawrinka - forehand, backhand, volley, come to think of it - all of his game.
11. Murray - awful dropshot.
12. Almagro - not much...
13. Tsonga - not much..
14. Gonzalez - his BH is awful.
15. Stepanek - not much but his forehand isn't beautiful.
16. Mathieu - not much.
17. Youzny - not much (I don't watch him that much)
18. Berd-sht - not much (volleys?)
19. Boredo - all of his game, all of his shots.
20. Monaco - don't watch him.
21. Verdasco - weak backhand.
22. Karlovic - backhand of a 10 year old, it is unbelievable; it's that awful.
23. Ferrero - not much.
24. Moya - his BH slice is ineffective, kind of like Donkey's BH slice.
25. Baghdatis - not much.
26. Ljubicic - forehand, backhand, slice, all of his game!
27. Hewitt - not much.
28. Niemenien - how the hell is he in the top 30?
29. Simon - all of his game.
30. Seppi - .
--
Well, someone had to do it. There.
groundstroke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:35 AM   #64
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Stepanek's forehand. It's the only thing about the guy that isn't totally sexy.
yeah... old school bump forehand... it is a carbon copy of edberg's... which, therefore saves it and allows rado to retain his overall outstanding sex value...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:36 AM   #65
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Stepanek's forehand is ultra-sexy, but it's 80s sexiness.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:43 AM   #66
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seljanin View Post
Yep But to be honest, I don't find Gonzo's topspin BH so ugly. I was talking about FeLo's topspin BH in my post. However, it has to be acknowledged that Albert Costa has improved that shot. A year ago it was even more terrible than now It's still pretty useless though, especially, if somebody is approaching him to his BH side. Around 90% of times FeLo will either hit his topspin BH passing shot in the net or out...
yeah seriously, its sh!t, lopez only cares above how the shot looks and whether he reatins his poise for the crowd and cameras... the result does not matter... and i agree, i think he should just dink that backhand low to the attacker and try for the two ball pass, he'd have to have more success in all honesty... its not like the tour is made up of henman and rafter types who are gonna knock off the volley 1st time everytime...
Old 06-16-2008, 02:39 AM   #67
country flag groundstroke

groundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond repute

No it isn't, Redneck Stepanek is a disgrace to look at. How the hell did he get the nickname Sexy? More like Worm, to be honest.
groundstroke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:02 AM   #68
country flag fast_clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundstroke View Post
No it isn't, Redneck Stepanek is a disgrace to look at. How the hell did he get the nickname Sexy? More like Worm, to be honest.
you are not the first to be so critical of stepanek... many have cited radek owns a lack of talent... tho, how can this be when radek has influenced many popular dancefloor moves and has had a string of tidy looking women hanging off him... it also argued that radek invented breakdancing, the word 'mojo' and was the founding father of the gangster rap age...
Old 06-16-2008, 03:08 AM   #69
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal's forehand, everytime he whips up his left arm, it looks like he's smelling his own armpit.
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:09 AM   #70
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Bibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think this is as helpful as you think. The thread was created to determine which top 30 player has the ugliest shot--i.e. rank them. Still, this probably took you a few minutes, so you get a B+ for effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundstroke View Post
Well someone was going to do this...
1. Federer - backhand, has a weird mechanism to it.
2. Nadal - moonballing, his backhand on hard court is awful.
3. Djokovic - average... hasn't really got an awful shot but his forehand does make the occasional catastrophic error.
4. Donkey (davydenko) - his whole game... no, wait. His volleying and his BH slice is pathetic, it should be a crime to just watch him try those shots.
5. Ferrer - not much to say
6. Roddick - ugly BH,not even close to being the worst in effectiveness in the top 30, but not beautiful on the eyes.
7. Nalbandian - not much... donut dave hardly plays top level anymore.
8. Blake - his backhand is pathetic.
9. Gasquet - forehand needs MAJOR work.
10. Wawrinka - forehand, backhand, volley, come to think of it - all of his game.
11. Murray - awful dropshot.
12. Almagro - not much...
13. Tsonga - not much..
14. Gonzalez - his BH is awful.
15. Stepanek - not much but his forehand isn't beautiful.
16. Mathieu - not much.
17. Youzny - not much (I don't watch him that much)
18. Berd-sht - not much (volleys?)
19. Boredo - all of his game, all of his shots.
20. Monaco - don't watch him.
21. Verdasco - weak backhand.
22. Karlovic - backhand of a 10 year old, it is unbelievable; it's that awful.
23. Ferrero - not much.
24. Moya - his BH slice is ineffective, kind of like Donkey's BH slice.
25. Baghdatis - not much.
26. Ljubicic - forehand, backhand, slice, all of his game!
27. Hewitt - not much.
28. Niemenien - how the hell is he in the top 30?
29. Simon - all of his game.
30. Seppi - .
--
Well, someone had to do it. There.
Bibberz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:10 AM   #71
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong. Steps hates gangsta rap. His business is old school, like Grandmaster Flash.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:18 AM   #72
country flag fast_clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Wrong. Steps hates gangsta rap. His business is old school, like Grandmaster Flash.

yeah... correction... i meant Vince 'aint afraid o'ya' Spadea...
Old 06-16-2008, 03:20 AM   #73
country flag fast_clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaNina19 View Post
Everything Roddick does on the tennis court is ugly.
i am really feeling you on this Nina... he looks like a lumberjack on that backhand and should probably promote woodcutting hardware...
Old 06-16-2008, 03:23 AM   #74
country flag Justin425

Justin425 has a reputation beyond reputeJustin425 has a reputation beyond reputeJustin425 has a reputation beyond reputeJustin425 has a reputation beyond reputeJustin425 has a reputation beyond reputeJustin425 has a reputation beyond reputeJustin425 has a reputation beyond reputeJustin425 has a reputation beyond reputeJustin425 has a reputation beyond reputeJustin425 has a reputation beyond reputeJustin425 has a reputation beyond repute

Gasquet's forehand is quite hideous. Nadal's forehand is ugly as well. Andreev (although not top 30) also has an ugly fh. For me Moya's backhand is the ugliest shot amongst the top 30. I actually prefer Roddick's backhand to Moyas. Too bad you didnt extend this to top 40 because Lopez's backhand would've won this hands down.

Verdasco, Gulbis, Brands, Tursunov, Bellucci, Sweeting, Giraldo, Schwank, Lacko, Nishikori
Groenefeld, Pavlyuchenkova , Goerges, Cavaday, Allgurin, Harkleroad

Ashe, Gibson, Rios, Tarango
Justin425 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:31 AM   #75
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Ljubicic's backhand may be better than his forehand, but his backhand still looks worse. It has the racquet head speed of an elephant.

Stepanek's forehand is probably the worst looking shot in the game.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote