Grass Season 2008 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #31
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass Season 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brego View Post
I thought Gilles was going to lose the second set the way he was serving at the end.
Yeah, that service game at *5-0 was a lowlight.
The two breaks in the first set were quite bad too, you didn't miss anything. He had 2 winners during the whole first set according to the stats.
The guys look good, but otherwise, the first 2 sets have been quite a pain to watch.

If they give UE stats for the whole match at the end, it should be impressive...

Last edited by Truc : 06-19-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #32
country flag Brego

Brego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least Gilles seems to be moving better on grass compared to last year.

Hopefully he will go into Wimbledon with a postive attitude.

Thanks again for the information on Bet365. As live streams go it's fairly good.
Brego is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #33
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

That was a wasted chance! And what an ugly error to give the break in the 3rd set.

Tell me their stats are wrong. I can believe Verdasco made 34 UE during that match, but only 4 winners for Gilles?!
It said 34 UE and 21 winners for Nando (seems realistic to me) / 19 UE and 4 winners for Gilles.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #34
country flag gambit84

gambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond repute

it's true Gillu wasted so many chances but expected the result: Nando in this period is playing better and is in a better form, that's all

btw Nando played smart in the third (coaching?) because he used the slice for forcing Gillu to go near the net where he can't play
Old 06-19-2008, 07:53 PM   #35
country flag Brego

Brego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit84 View Post
it's true Gillu wasted so many chances but expected the result: Nando in this period is playing better and is in a better form, that's all
btw Nando played smart in the third (coaching?) because he used the slice for forcing Gillu to go near the net where he can't play
Fer should have really won the match in two. He just had a dip in concentration in the second. Gilles was not at his best today especially if it's true he only had 4 winners!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:42 AM   #36
country flag Truc

His reaction in L’Equipe:
Gilles SIMON (battu par Fernando Verdasco, 6-3, 2-6, 6-3) : « J’étais trop tendu au premier set à cause du vent. Mais j’ai eu l’impression d’être meilleur que lui au troisième (Verdasco fit le break sur sa seule occasion ; Simon rata trois balles de break sur trois). C’est horrible… J’ai l’impression de ne pas être verni. Dans le jeu où je me fais breaker, il y a une énorme erreur d’arbitrage qui fait que je me retrouve à 30 A au lieu de 40-15 ; et sur son break, il me sort un affreux retour boisé que je ne peux pas contrôler à cause du vent… Ça me gave. »

“I was too tense in the first set because of the wind. But I had a feeling I was better than him in the 3rd set (Verdasco took his only BP, Simon missed his 3 BP). It’s horrible… I feel unlucky. When I get broken, there is a terrible umpiring mistake which gives him 30A instead of 40-15 for me. And he hits on his BP an ugly return with the frame of his racket I can’t control because of the wind… It pisses me off.”
Old 06-20-2008, 07:59 AM   #37
country flag Truc

Not sure he really was better in the 3rd because hitting so few winners won’t win you any match on grass, Gillou! I didn’t see this “trying to move his game forward” he was talking about after his other matches and that pissed me off more than a few lucky shots of Verdasco. He wasn't that unlucky, he should get over it. I found him so whiny already in Hamburg, and yesterday again, he needs to work on that. In Hamburg he often was pissed when a shot of his opponent just clipped the line!

But I understand his frustration because Verdasco was indeed so inconsistent yesterday. I don’t mind when Gilles loses to guys who play better than he does, like Murray or Steps, but that one was totally winnable.

Last edited by Truc : 06-20-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:15 AM   #38
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brego View Post
Well at least Gilles seems to be moving better on grass compared to last year.

Hopefully he will go into Wimbledon with a postive attitude.

Thanks again for the information on Bet365. As live streams go it's fairly good.
There was a stream? Oh no someone must have answered my question about the stream earlier and I didn't see it

-----

Does someone know when exactly will the main draw for Wimbledon come out ?
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #39
country flag Truc

Tu m'as mise en "igno"? Je t'avais répondu aussitôt qu'il y aurait un livestream à la fin de la semaine et on l'avait redit plusieurs fois avec Brego et Raffaele.

-------
He plays Olejniczak in the 1st round of Wimbledon. I would have preferred some claycourter, I don't like qualifiers much, but if he was able to beat Cilic last year, he should beat this Olejniczak!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #40
country flag Truc

Olejniczak won his last qualifying match 8-6 in the 5th set only, so it's not like he's unbeatable.

His part of the draw:
(8) Gasquet vs Fish
Grosjean vs Starace
Anderson vs Calleri
Olejniczak vs Simon
Old 06-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #41
country flag Brego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Olejniczak won his last qualifying match 8-6 in the 5th set only, so it's not like he's unbeatable.

His part of the draw:
(8) Gasquet vs Fish
Grosjean vs Starace
Anderson vs Calleri
Olejniczak vs Simon
Well he just has 1st round points to defend from last year. He could possibly make it to the 3rd round and Gasquet? but his section of the draw does not look very promising.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #42
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tu m'as mise en "igno"? Je t'avais répondu aussitôt qu'il y aurait un livestream à la fin de la semaine et on l'avait redit plusieurs fois avec Brego et Raffaele.

-------
He plays Olejniczak in the 1st round of Wimbledon. I would have preferred some claycourter, I don't like qualifiers much, but if he was able to beat Cilic last year, he should beat this Olejniczak!
Alors deja, je sais pas ce que c'est mettre en "igno", ya les trois quarts des fonctionnalités que j'ai pas pigées encore Et oui, vous aviez bien mis le lien, je ne sais pas pourquoi j'ai bugué.. je suis trés frustré là, et pas que pour Gilles.

-------

This qualifier will be exhausted !! Gilles will win in two sets. You can quote that anytime
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #43
country flag Truc

Je suis soulagée.
There is a "Buddy / Ignore list" feature in your User CP, but I don't find it of much use, you don't see anymore the posts of the posters who annoy you, but you still can see when they post.

That's a terrible draw "livestreamwise". They always schedule Gilles on Court 26 anyway, so Simon-Olejniczak... they would put that match on the qualies courts of Roehampton if they could.

I had not seen there is a thread about Olejniczak in GM. Different weight class than Poussin.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=126045

Last edited by Truc : 06-22-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #44
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

They should have a feather-weight category in the ATP Gilles would beat the crap out of those U16's.

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #45
country flag Ayane

Ayane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

His part of the draw:
(8) Gasquet vs Fish
Grosjean vs Starace
Anderson vs Calleri
Olejniczak vs Simon
Hummmm Yeah ... I would love to see that match Gasquet vs Simon (mes chouchous) in the third round of Wimbly !!! I'm waiting for that since US Open 2006 ... Come on !!! He can do it ... It'll be a terrible match

BlogStar of Richard Gasquet (in french)

Blog of Gilles Simon (in french)

Richard Gasquet Fans Group

Page Facebook of the blog of Richard Gasquet (in french & english)
Ayane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote