Grass season 2008 - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-23-2008, 05:22 PM   #76
country flag The Freak

The Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass season 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
In his audio interview on the FFT website he says he will be back for sure in Toronto:
http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon/2008/?id=3816
It doesn't sound too bad, he should be OK after a couple of weeks.

"I'm sad, but still, I know it's the right decision," said Monfils. "I have an inflamed shoulder with some small tearing in the muscle. I tried serving this morning and I felt it straight away, so I called my parents and we decided that it was best not to play if I wasn't 100%. It's annoying because I had some interesting ties ahead of me and then if I'd got through to the third round, I would have faced Federer again, but it's best to wait until I'm fully fit again before playing."
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...229764875.html
The right decision, hopefully he'll be good to go in the next couple weeks. I don't want another long injury layoff...

Tim Henman--Gael Monfils--James Blake--Rafael Nadal--Jo-Wilfried Tsonga--John Isner--Janko Tipsarevic--Juan Martin Del Potro--Donald Young--Richard Gasquet.

The Freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2008, 07:52 AM   #77
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

There is a long article in L'Equipe about his withdrawal, people from the Team Lagardère mean he was able to play and question his decision.
They clearly don't like this Manicom guy who is following him now (the acupuncturist), say Gaël's shoulder could have been fine if they had treated him normally last week already. He hardly has contact anymore with the medical staff of the Team Lagardère, Manicom is taking care of him.
Manicom says Gaël took the right decision because he needs to rest his shoulder, the doc of the Lagardère Team says it wouldn't have gotten much worse if he had played because the humerus which caused the problem was put back in place on Saturday. Champion is neutral and means only Gaël knows how painful it is to serve.
In short, it's a big mess!
Gaël says it's the first time he has a problem with his shoulder, he thinks he focused too much on his serve after Roland and he will be more careful in the future.

I don't like Manicom either, and I'm sick of all the stories around Gaël, but I can understand his decision if he was still in pain when he tried serving on Monday. I prefer him to have pulled out before the match than to retire like so many guys yesterday, at least his LL won!
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #78
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Gaël means he has already tried in the past to play despite of injuries and it always ended up badly so he feels like he has taken the right decision.
I know Gaël is very moody, but he loves big events, why would he pull out of a Grand Slam if he was able to play??

Here's another article with a few quotes:
http://www.lejdd.fr/cmc//sport/20082...ge_128013.html
He sounds OK, he knows he just have to rest for a couple of weeks and will be fine afterwards.
He confirms he will go to Beijing. He was dreaming of taking part to the Olympic 100 m race when he was a kid, so he's very proud to go to the Olympics at least in tennis.

Last edited by Truc : 06-24-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:00 PM   #79
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

I think he took the right decision, I don't understand why the team Lagardère are questionning his decision

oh and yesterday in his interview for Canal +, he said he was used to be injured, poor boy
amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #80
country flag Bullibule

Bullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdany View Post
I think he took the right decision, I don't understand why the team Lagardère are questionning his decision
Because for the Team Lagardere, if Gael had treated his wound better, while being caught there in time, she will have cured without problem and in time. The doctors also say that he could have played, because they freed his back saturday and, however, that his wound couldn't have worsened.

Personally, I trust Gael, if he didn't feel at 100%, he made well not play. On the other hand the apu****or, I trust him definitely less, I don't feel him.
Bullibule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #81
country flag Bullibule

Bullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond repute

Anything in LEQUIPE today about Gael ?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #82
country flag Sliderman

Sliderman has a reputation beyond reputeSliderman has a reputation beyond reputeSliderman has a reputation beyond reputeSliderman has a reputation beyond reputeSliderman has a reputation beyond reputeSliderman has a reputation beyond reputeSliderman has a reputation beyond reputeSliderman has a reputation beyond reputeSliderman has a reputation beyond reputeSliderman has a reputation beyond reputeSliderman has a reputation beyond repute

First post.

Well, I'm not happy that Gael withdrew from Wimbledon, but knowing his history with injuries, and his acknowledgement, it was probably the right decision. I doubt Monfils would miss a tournament like Wimbledon if the injury could be ignored for a bit or something like that. Ah well, hopefully he'll be back as soon as possible.

Allez Gael!
Sliderman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #83
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullibule View Post
Anything in LEQUIPE today about Gael ?
Nothing. Just the result of one of their stupid surveys: "Should Monfils have played?" 2/3 mean he took the right decision, 1/3 mean he should have played.

(I haven't forgotten about the translation of the last part of the other article, btw, I'm just "snowed under" with work atm, and add to that Wimbledon - I'll do it as soon as I can.)
Old 06-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #84
country flag Truc

Welcome around, Sliderman!
I think/hope the Lagardère people are annoyed by Manicom more than by Gaël. I don't care if there was no risk to damage the shoulder even more, being in pain when he serves is reason enough to withdraw on grass and I can't believe it's not better to rest (the shoulder) and come back fresh for the HC season.

Now they need to clear that story with Manicom. He's been there since RG only, so I can't blame Gaël for trusting him, as it has been successful so far. But it's already getting annoying.

Last edited by Truc : 06-25-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:24 PM   #85
country flag Bullibule

Thank you for the precision, Truc

I am agree with you for Manicom, it becomes annoying. I don't rely on him, I think that considering Gael had good performances with him, and considering he is a friend with his father, and well he relies on him completely; but personally, it isn't my case. I think that if Gael gave up, it is that he had really badly with his serve, and I understand his decision. It is to better play while being 100% of these capacities.

And, for sure, welcome Sliderman