The Nenad Zimonjic Thread - Page 35 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #511
country flag wop875

wop875 has a reputation beyond reputewop875 has a reputation beyond reputewop875 has a reputation beyond reputewop875 has a reputation beyond reputewop875 has a reputation beyond reputewop875 has a reputation beyond reputewop875 has a reputation beyond reputewop875 has a reputation beyond reputewop875 has a reputation beyond reputewop875 has a reputation beyond reputewop875 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Nenad Zimonjic Thread

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...634309578.html

Nenad Zimonjic: Seeing double
Thursday 28 January 2010
By Nenad Zimonjic

This is my 12th year playing at the Australian Open and life has changed a lot - in a good way – since I first played here back in 1999. I’m a father to 14-month-old twins now, a son Leon and a daughter, Luna. I was very lucky because they were born on December 3 in 2008, which is our off-season so for seven or eight days I was with them, and my wife in hospital, non-stop helping as much as I could.

It was tough leaving them and head out to Australia at the beginning of last year. The thing I was most afraid of was that they’d forget me when I got back home and it meant so much to me when I returned from Melbourne that even though they were still very little, I got a big smile from them. It’s getting more and more difficult to leave them now because they’re growing up and there is more interaction and they realize what’s happening but Skype helps a lot because I can see them and talk to them when I am traveling.

Life is much nicer when you go back home after a stressful day and, no matter what happens, you get a smile back from your kids. It helps you forget about tough times on the court much more easily. Now I try to make the most of it when I’m on the road, traveling and playing. I try to do as well as I can because I know that I’m missing a lot every day that I don’t spend with my family and kids. It’s a big sacrifice so I have to make that worthwhile by doing well on court.

As tennis players we travel so much so it’s always nice to go back home. The best part is now when I’m doing well in a tournament it’s great, but if I lose I get to go home, get to see the kids and maybe spend an extra few days with them.

We’ve started traveling with them now a bit too and we try to come together on the trips where we predict we’re going to stay a little longer. They were with me in Doha two weeks ago and last year we went to Roland Garros together and after that we were together in London during Queens and Wimbledon so we spent almost a month and a half together. We rented an apartment and it was more like a home atmosphere for them.

There are a lot more kids nowadays on the tour, especially among the doubles players who are a little bit older. Tournaments are well organized for kids these days and although our kids are still too young to stay at the crèche, when they start walking maybe we’ll leave them there and my wife can watch the matches and be relaxed that they are fine.

We are thinking about bringing the twins to the Australian Open next year or the year after. We just have to make the plans, with the kids now that’s the difference - you have to plan a long time ahead.

There are a lot of things that I can see they would like in Melbourne; a really nice aquarium and the zoo with all the Australian animals is also very nice. Just generally for them to see something different, a different continent I think it’s nice for them and It’s good for them that they get to be around more people and learn more languages.

So far they’ve had the chance to see the States in Miami, they went to Austria with us when we were skiing, so they’ve had the chance to experience different things. Melbourne is a nice city, it’s the summer time here and if you’re doing really well at the tournament you can stay here at least two and a half weeks so that could be a good enough reason to bring them here.
wop875 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #512
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely article - thanks for posting. Nenad is such a nice, genuine guy - I remember seeing him in Basel last year playing with the little son of Riccardo Piatti (Ljubicic's coach). He was looking so happy, and obviously has a great affinity with kids.

And good luck to him and Dan in the Finals of course.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #513
country flag Catchie

Catchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond repute

Great article, very cute how he talks about his family
Good luck to him and Daniel in the AO final

Sébastien Grosjean || Nenad Zimonjic

Chiqui
Catchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #514
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article! Nenad is a great family man!
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #515
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Rotterdam, today

Nenad got orders from Mohamed Lahyani to to this

Nenad & Amigo

Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #516
country flag Jelena_78

Jelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond repute

great!

Thanks!

Janko Tipsarević

Novak Đoković | Roger Federer | Marcos Baghdatis | Mikhail Youzhny | Andy Murray | Grigor Dimitrov | Juan Martin Del Potro | Dušan Lajović

Jelena_78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #517
country flag Flipper

Flipper has a reputation beyond reputeFlipper has a reputation beyond reputeFlipper has a reputation beyond reputeFlipper has a reputation beyond reputeFlipper has a reputation beyond reputeFlipper has a reputation beyond reputeFlipper has a reputation beyond reputeFlipper has a reputation beyond reputeFlipper has a reputation beyond reputeFlipper has a reputation beyond reputeFlipper has a reputation beyond repute

Our two Rotterdam Champions!
Old 02-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #518
country flag cosmic

cosmic has a reputation beyond reputecosmic has a reputation beyond reputecosmic has a reputation beyond reputecosmic has a reputation beyond reputecosmic has a reputation beyond reputecosmic has a reputation beyond reputecosmic has a reputation beyond reputecosmic has a reputation beyond reputecosmic has a reputation beyond reputecosmic has a reputation beyond reputecosmic has a reputation beyond repute

Nenad, that was so childish!
cosmic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:52 AM   #519
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Nenad and Daniel at IW
minh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #520
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute

1 NESTOR, Daniel/ZIMONJIC, Nenad 2
2 BRYAN, Bob/BRYAN, Mike 6
3 BHUPATHI, Mahesh/MIRNYI, Max 19
OUT FISH, Mardy/KNOWLES, Mark 27
5 CERMAK, Frantisek/MERTINAK, Michal 27
6 CILIC, Marin/LJUBICIC, Ivan 35
7 FYRSTENBERG, Mariusz/MATKOWSKI, Marcin 35
8 LINDSTEDT, Robert/SODERLING, Robin 37
9 BENNETEAU, Julien/TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried 40
10 KNOWLE, Julian/MELZER, Jurgen 42
11 ISNER, John/QUERREY, Sam 43
12 LOPEZ, Feliciano/VERDASCO, Fernando 44
13 ASPELIN, Simon/HANLEY, Paul 45
14 FERRER, David/MONTANES, Albert 46
15 HUTCHINS, Ross/MURRAY, Andy 48
16 KAS, Christopher/NORMAN, Dick 48
17 ALMAGRO, Nicolas/ROBREDO, Tommy 50
18 BERDYCH, Tomas/KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp 53
OUT CUEVAS, Pablo/GONZALEZ, Fernando 53
OUT BAGHDATIS, Marcos/WAWRINKA, Stanislas 57
21 LLODRA, Michael/RAM, Andy 58
22 MELO, Marcelo/SOARES, Bruno 59
Old 03-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #521
country flag minh

Nenad & Daniel will play against Butarac & R. Ram in R1 IW
Old 03-12-2010, 01:23 AM   #522
country flag minh

(1) NESTOR, Daniel (CAN)/ZIMONJIC, Nenad (SRB) vs BUTORAC, Eric (USA)/RAM, Rajeev (USA)
HUTCHINS, Ross (GBR)/MURRAY, Andy (GBR) vs BLAKE, James (USA)/RODDICK, Andy (USA)
BELLUCCI, Thomaz (BRA)/CUEVAS, Pablo (URU) vs MELO, Marcelo (BRA)/SOARES, Bruno (BRA)
BECKER, Benjamin (GER)/HUSS, Stephen (AUS) vs (5) CERMAK, Frantisek (CZE)/MERTINAK, Michal (SVK)
(4) BHUPATHI, Mahesh (IND)/MIRNYI, Max (BLR) vs ALMAGRO, Nicolas (ESP)/ROBREDO, Tommy (ESP)
ISNER, John (USA)/QUERREY, Sam (USA) vs CILIC, Marin (CRO)/LJUBICIC, Ivan (CRO)
MONFILS, Gael (FRA)/SIMON, Gilles (FRA) vs. FERRER, David (ESP)/MONTANES, Albert (ESP)
KARLOVIC, Ivo (CRO)/VEMIC, Dusan (SRB) vs (7) FYRSTENBERG, Mariusz (POL)/MATKOWSKI, Marcin (POL)

(8) KAS, Christopher (GER)/NORMAN, Dick (BEL) vs TIPSAREVIC, Janko (SRB)/TROICKI, Viktor (SRB)
DAMM, Martin (CZE)/STEPANEK, Radek (CZE) vs LLODRA, Michael (FRA)/RAM, Andy (ISR)
LOPEZ, Feliciano (ESP)/VERDASCO, Fernando (ESP) vs (WC) ANCIC, Mario (CRO)/FISH, Mardy (USA)
(WC) LOPEZ, Marc (ESP)/NADAL, Rafael (ESP) vs (3) DLOUHY, Lukas (CZE)/PAES, Leander (IND)
(6) ASPELIN, Simon (SWE)/HANLEY, Paul (AUS) vs KERR, Jordan (AUS)/POLASEK, Filip (SVK)
BENNETEAU, Julien (FRA)/TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried (FRA) vs LINDSTEDT, Robert (SWE)/SODERLING, Robin (SWE)
BRUNSTROM, Johan (SWE)/ROJER, Jean-Julien (AHO) vs KNOWLE, Julian (AUT)/MELZER, Jurgen (AUT)
BERDYCH, Tomas (CZE)/KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp (GER) vs (2) BRYAN, Bob (USA)/BRYAN, Mike (USA)
Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #523
country flag minh

COURT 6 start 11:00 am
[6] S Aspelin (SWE) / P Hanley (AUS) vs J Kerr (AUS) / F Polasek (SVK) - ATP
[23] I Karlovic (CRO) vs N Almagro (ESP) - ATP
[18] T Robredo (ESP) vs S Stakhovsky (UKR) - ATP
D Sela (ISR) vs [14] R Stepanek (CZE) - ATP
(CAN) / N Zimonjic[1] D Nestor (SRB) vs E Butorac (USA) / R Ram (USA) - ATP
Old 03-15-2010, 03:30 AM   #524
country flag minh

(CAN) / N Zimonjic[1] D Nestor (SRB) vs E Butorac (USA) / R Ram (USA 63 64
Old 03-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #525
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

I found this pics completely adorable, not sure is this Leon or Luna.
You can find more on
http://cowbell.typepad.com/forty_deu....html#comments

Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote