******* Halle 2008 c'mon Roger ******* - Page 46 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-17-2008, 04:22 AM   #676
country flag ricardo26

ricardo26 has a reputation beyond reputericardo26 has a reputation beyond reputericardo26 has a reputation beyond reputericardo26 has a reputation beyond reputericardo26 has a reputation beyond reputericardo26 has a reputation beyond reputericardo26 has a reputation beyond reputericardo26 has a reputation beyond reputericardo26 has a reputation beyond reputericardo26 has a reputation beyond reputericardo26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ******* Halle 2008 c'mon Roger *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
what did Roger said in the ceremony?
Congratulations Roger ..Come on!!!

I Think he said:

"I am excited, I have a feeling as if he had won a title for the first time in my career. This has been very special. I am very proud of what I achieved"

Old 06-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #677
country flag glycina

glycina has a reputation beyond reputeglycina has a reputation beyond reputeglycina has a reputation beyond reputeglycina has a reputation beyond reputeglycina has a reputation beyond reputeglycina has a reputation beyond reputeglycina has a reputation beyond reputeglycina has a reputation beyond reputeglycina has a reputation beyond reputeglycina has a reputation beyond reputeglycina has a reputation beyond repute

"I am excited, I have a feeling as if he had won a title for the first time in my career. This has been very special. I am very proud of what I achieved"

Thanks for the translation, ricardo26.

Tres emue de ses paroles!
We know how eagerly he wanted to win this title!
glycina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #678
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo26 View Post
Congratulations Roger ..Come on!!!

I Think he said:

thankyou so much!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #679
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federerhingis View Post
I understand spanish, portuguese, italian, french and a little german. I understand Dutch when they speak very slowly. Only because I have relatives who speak Papiamento, but papia is mainly spanish and portuguese.

I am fluent in spanish and english, I understand french very well.

Italian is easy because of spanish the same for portuguese.

I can write semi-decent french.

I took a semester of German in college, I can speak french very well and hold my own with most french except parisians. They speak too fast.
Fantastic I can't wait until I can say something like this about myself and the languages I hope to learn.
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:34 PM   #680
country flag Federerhingis

Federerhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenah View Post
Fantastic I can't wait until I can say something like this about myself and the languages I hope to learn.
I am sure that with the right attitude, the passion and love for language learning you'l be more than fine and ready to succeed. You already seem to have the passion and the right attitude, I personally think you have the talent as well, so I am sure that you'l be successful at reaching that goal.

Suerte, Bonne chance, adelante!!!!!!!!!
when he has done you no harm, Proverbs3:30"

So long Marat Safin, C'mon Lleyton Hewitt,Viel gluck Tommy Haas, Bring it on Marcos Baghdatis, Gut Spielen Nicolas Kiefer, Dale Fernando Gonzalez, Dale David Nalbandian, Davai Nikolay Davydenko and Allez Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Roger continue marvelling us the tennis mortals

Roger Federer & Martina Hingis (TENNIS)
Federerhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:38 PM   #681
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008...bledon.tennis1

Federer breezes to title in Halle and blows away reports of his demise

Chris Bowers in Halle
The Guardian, Monday June 16 2008

Just as the sporting community was preparing to write off Roger Federer, the best tennis player in the world has bounced back to announce that he will not be quite the pushover at Wimbledon that some may have expected after his drubbing in the French Open final eight days ago.

Federer picked up his fifth Gerry Weber Open title yesterday, beating Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-3, 6-4 in the final. It was a performance that showed the Swiss has lost nothing of his ability to raise his level on the crucial points and that the forehand that let him down against Rafael Nadal in Paris is working well again.

Martina Navratilova used to say of all the records she broke that, if you play for long enough, the records will tumble by themselves but, still seven weeks short of his 27th birthday, Federer has notched up his 55th career title and equalled Pete Sampras's open era record of 10 on grass.

"I didn't know about Sampras's total," said Federer after his success. "It's nice, because there are some players who never win titles on grass, Tim Henman never won one, so it's quite an achievement to be already at 10 but I need to look at the bigger picture and that's Wimbledon now."

Of Federer's five titles here this could prove as important as his first in 2003, which told him he could win silverware on lawn tennis's original surface. Having skipped the Halle event last year, he needed it more this time and admitted to feeling the pressure earlier in the week when he was picking up the pieces of his disastrous defeat at Roland Garros.

"Once you make a decision to come somewhere you hope for a good week," he said. "I was just hoping not to bow out in the first couple of rounds, because I'd then have looked back on four days that would have been really tough after losing in Paris. For this reason I'm really excited about the way I played. I didn't drop serve throughout the week, which I think is the first time I've ever done that, so I couldn't be more happy - I beat quality players and my level of play was very good. All that on about two hours' practice to get used to the grass after clay."

The statisticians will correct Federer, left - his title in Qatar in January 2005 was also achieved without dropping serve - but the message to those who feel he will be vulnerable at Wimbledon is no less potent. After seven good but not outstanding games of yesterday's final he seized a couple of half-chances to break in the eighth and a similar predatory pounce in the seventh game of the second set sufficed for victory in 73 minutes.

In particular he was left satisfied with his state of health and denies there are any lingering symptoms from the bout of glandular fever he suffered in January. "People tell me when they saw my matches in Paris that I still have it in my system. It's nice that people are concerned for me but I honestly don't feel it. I don't wake up any more feeling sick or tired, and this week I haven't had any problems of fatigue, just a few problems in my legs from the change of surface but the next day they have gone.

"I felt like I had a spring in my step, which is also a good sign after what I went through in the first part of the year. Sometimes you can recuperate during a tournament but I didn't feel I had to, because Paris wasn't that difficult physically this year."

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:01 AM   #682

Federerhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Mellow Yellow;7209006

[B]"I felt like I had a spring in my step, which is also a good sign after what I went through in the first part of the year. Sometimes you can recuperate during a tournament but I didn't feel I had to, because Paris wasn't that difficult physically this year."[/b][/[/b]QUOTE]

Thanks so much Jen.

I am so glad to especially read this last sentence, that's what has been missing all season long, when he's got that extra spring on his legs, which was and is one of his greatest atributes as an athlete. He neeeds this sprint to set up for his shots, especially his "improved" backhand and his lateral movement is vital, also for his great defence game which is and has been a great asset of his game. I really hope that is the case, I did not get a chance of watching his matches in Halle, at the french he still looked a little sluggish, but that also has to do with it being clay.

So long Marat Safin, C'mon Lleyton Hewitt,Viel gluck Tommy Haas, Bring it on Marcos Baghdatis, Gut Spielen Nicolas Kiefer, Dale Fernando Gonzalez, Dale David Nalbandian, Davai Nikolay Davydenko and Allez Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Old 06-18-2008, 02:20 AM   #683
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am sure that with the right attitude, the passion and love for language learning you'l be more than fine and ready to succeed. You already seem to have the passion and the right attitude, I personally think you have the talent as well, so I am sure that you'l be successful at reaching that goal.

Suerte, Bonne chance, adelante!!!!!!!!!
Such kind words, gracias

Mellow Yellow, thanks for the article. Comforting words from Roger.
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:25 AM   #684
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Roger go to watch football match~~~he have a relax~~
Old 06-18-2008, 10:40 PM   #685
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
what did Roger said in the ceremony?
Here is the ceremony:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fSIJ3FIBgbQ

The moderator asks Roger if he should take something off Roger and Roger says "The flowers". The moderator then says he can bring them with him to his wife and that Roger would keep the cup anyway. Roger would already have a glass cabinet in his hometown with winning trophies from Halle and that he would continue until he has two floors of winning trophies from Halle.
The moderator then gives the microphone to Roger as he wanted to say thank you to the crowd: "Without you it's not the same. A huge thank you from all of us on the court that you came through the whole week. I'm already looking forward to next year, when we can hopefully show great tennis again and enjoy a stunning week together again. So thank you very much and until next year."

By the way, Kohlschreiber jokes in his speech that he heard that Roger would play the tournament for the next 3 years and that he therefore decides not to come then
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:03 PM   #686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Here is the ceremony:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fSIJ3FIBgbQ

The moderator asks Roger if he should take something off Roger and Roger says "The flowers". The moderator then says he can bring them with him to his wife and that Roger would keep the cup anyway. Roger would already have a glass cabinet in his hometown with winning trophies from Halle and that he would continue until he has two floors of winning trophies from Halle.
The moderator then gives the microphone to Roger as he wanted to say thank you to the crowd: "Without you it's not the same. A huge thank you from all of us on the court that you came through the whole week. I'm already looking forward to next year, when we can hopefully show great tennis again and enjoy a stunning week together again. So thank you very much and until next year."

By the way, Kohlschreiber jokes in his speech that he heard that Roger would play the tournament for the next 3 years and that he therefore decides not to come then

Danke Doris, Das ist sehr lustig.

Wie geht est dir?

Old 06-18-2008, 11:34 PM   #687
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Danke Doris, Das ist sehr lustig.

Wie geht est dir?
Hallo Luis

I'm fine, thanks for asking Hope you feel the same.

Are you already looking forward to Wimbledon?
Old 06-18-2008, 11:45 PM   #688

Quote:
Hallo Luis

I'm fine, thanks for asking Hope you feel the same.

Are you already looking forward to Wimbledon?
Totally. It's a special time in tennis especially for Roger fans. Wimbledon just exudes that special air of gandieur.

Es geht mir gut, danke.

You're probably gone to sleep. Guten nacht!

Old 06-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #689
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Quote:
Totally. It's a special time in tennis especially for Roger fans. Wimbledon just exudes that special air of gandieur.

Es geht mir gut, danke.

You're probably gone to sleep. Guten nacht!
I'm still awake for a while. Good to hear that you are fine

Wimbledon is indeed something special, not just for us, but also for Roger.

It's amazing to see how many people are writing him off for the tournament. Apparently a lot expect him to suffer from the RG final loss, but somehow I guess the defeat would even be more hurting for him if it would have been a close match.

He looked already very relaxed and motivated in Halle. It was important for him to play the tournament. He feels at home there, enjoys the place and the atmosphere.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #690
country flag SUKTUEN

Quote:
thankyou!!!!!