******* Halle 2008 c'mon Roger ******* - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #31
country flag KittyMac

KittyMac has a reputation beyond reputeKittyMac has a reputation beyond reputeKittyMac has a reputation beyond reputeKittyMac has a reputation beyond reputeKittyMac has a reputation beyond reputeKittyMac has a reputation beyond reputeKittyMac has a reputation beyond reputeKittyMac has a reputation beyond reputeKittyMac has a reputation beyond reputeKittyMac has a reputation beyond reputeKittyMac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ******* Halle 2008 c'mon Roger *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papagena View Post
Hopefully! I'll be there with Doris. I've never ever felt so compelled to cheer for a fav of mine, be it a tennis player or a musician - be sure I will THIS time.
You'll be there!?! Fantastic - take all our love, good wishes, hopes and dreams with you to Roger. I agree - Roger needs the support of his fans now in a testing time even more than in the great times. By support I don't mean blinkered fangirl/boy ism - all sports stars go through testing times and it should be recognised, sometimes they get it wrong - that should be recognised as well. But genuine through thick or thin support. The question has always been asked of Fed's fans - are you a fan of the man, his game or his success? This is the time that will tell. I'm not willing to bask in his glory in the good times without being willing to wade through the "crap" with him in the bad times.

So have a good tournament both of you - you can be our channel to Roger!!
KittyMac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #32
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papagena View Post
Hopefully! I'll be there with Doris. I've never ever felt so compelled to cheer for a fav of mine, be it a tennis player or a musician - be sure I will THIS time.
I hope you and Doris enjoy the tournament and that Roger plays well there.

Is he playing on Tuesday or Wednesday? I thought that all the first round matches would be on Monday and Tuesday...but I'm not sure..
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #33
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyMac View Post
You'll be there!?! Fantastic - take all our love, good wishes, hopes and dreams with you to Roger. I agree - Roger needs the support of his fans now in a testing time even more than in the great times. By support I don't mean blinkered fangirl/boy ism - all sports stars go through testing times and it should be recognised, sometimes they get it wrong - that should be recognised as well. But genuine through thick or thin support. The question has always been asked of Fed's fans - are you a fan of the man, his game or his success? This is the time that will tell. I'm not willing to bask in his glory in the good times without being willing to wade through the "crap" with him in the bad times.

Very well put Although I have to admit, the basking was much more fun than the wading through the crap.
OTOH If Roger manages to have another great grass season ie wins wimbledon I'm sure I'd enjoy it WAY more than any other tournament victory
elessar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #34
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

if he wins wimbledon it will be a..... loooooooooong way to the top if you wanna rock'n'rollllllll
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:59 PM   #35
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyMac View Post

Thank you so much, and be sure, we'll send you all our love...!
I fully agree with your notes on fangirlism - I actually quite despite that. I've always felt that one loves someone despite that person's mistakes, while fanboying/idolization is just closing your eyes for that person's mistakes - quite a difference!

As for me, I became a fan of Roger's for his game, but it has evolved into being a fan of the MAN just the same. Success doesn't interest me, I'll keep on cheering for him, even when he ends up the #765 in the world and going out in first rounds everywhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post
I hope you and Doris enjoy the tournament and that Roger plays well there.

Is he playing on Tuesday or Wednesday? I thought that all the first round matches would be on Monday and Tuesday...but I'm not sure..
We'll be there on Tuesday - arriving somewhere around 11:30. I have to get a train from where I live at 6:00 AM...

I guess he'll get a Wednesday start, but it doesn't hurt to see quite a few other players out there as well - quite a bunch of my favs around, Tomas Berdych (lovely fellow! ), Misha Youzhny, Robin Haase (hey! a fellow countryman! )...
I'm sure we'll be having a good time!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #36
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou my LORD!!

HK have Halle quart, semi and final in my TV on Live!!

Allez Roger!!!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #37
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

According to the German media Roger will arive in Halle tomorrow and play his first match on Wednesday
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #38
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

hm so he barely will have any training on grass hehe.
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #39
country flag soraya

soraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by didadida View Post
Hi all

ive decided to take the risk and start the thread

hope my courage wont let me down
i see Roger has a good draw maybe first match vs Berrer not that easy after we've watched in Basel
but i wish Roger will win the title easily

c'mon Roger
"Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”- Muhammad Ali“

————————————
soraya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #40
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juninhOH View Post
hm so he barely will have any training on grass hehe.
That's crazy he's gonna have ONE day to switch from clay to grass ! Roger if you snap your grass winning streak by losing to a mug in the first round I will you
Old 06-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #41
country flag Blondie1985

Blondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Rogeeeeeeeer
Old 06-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #42
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
That's crazy he's gonna have ONE day to switch from clay to grass ! Roger if you snap your grass winning streak by losing to a mug in the first round I will you
He skipped the whole tournament last year. Didn't bother him in the least.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #43
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Rog!
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #33 2014 Gerry Weber Open WINNER
Xristos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #44
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

Yes but he did practice on it before wimbledon, at least I hope so

There Roger will have absolutely no time to get used to grass before his matches, and as stupid as it may sound, he's always had more difficulties winning Halle than wimbledon
Old 06-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #45
country flag Blondie1985

Blondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Halle 2005