******* Halle 2008 c'mon Roger ******* - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:40 PM   #151
country flag Federerhingis

Federerhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ******* Halle 2008 c'mon Roger *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by didadida View Post
Q: Was it easier than you expected?
FEDERER: Well, yes, especially in the end it was excellent. He served very well, in the first four games there was nothing really I could. I had one break point, I guessed left, he went right. It was unfortunate. But otherwise the way I played from the beginning really, my reaction was good, my movement was good, my serving was excellent. I even tried out a few things when I was up 30 or 40 love on my serve which was good as well. So, Iím very happy with my first round performance.

Q: Does it feel great to be back on grass?
FEDERER: Yes, it feels natural. I feel natural on clay as well. Hard court is a little bit brutal because of the change it hurts. But grass and clay are smooth surfaces. I find actually pleasure and a kick out of waiting for my chance because sometimes it can be pretty frustrating. You are losing to love and there is nothing you can do because the guy is just serving to big. You just have to wait for your time to come. I like that. Thatís maybe one of the reasons Iím so successful on grass.

Q: Why was today so different from last time you were here?
FEDERER: Last time I won in two sets the first round. It was similar circumstances. I arrived, played for one and a half hours, then just warmed up and off we went. The only thing was that from the second round on all I had was three setters. I had a very difficult draw as well. This year, my next round opponent Iíve never played him. He can be pretty steady on grass, so I have to make sure I figure him out early. After that the draw looks pretty tough again. Iíve been successful here the last few years and I fell Iím doing well. But on grass you never know, you have to go point by point. You canít go game by game. Itís a tricky surface.

Q: How important is it mentally to be back on track quickly with a win?
FEDERER: For me there is two ways. Either you donít play this tournament and then you get away from everything. You arrive in Wimbledon and nobody asks questions, or you donít do many press conferences. And few days before Wimbledon starts, people want to know about Wimbledon not about Paris anymore. Or you come here and you face the press for a day about Paris. After that your last match is a grass court match and not a clay court match. Itís very smooth actually. Itís not a time where you lose so much energy thinking about what happened. Itís really no problem. Either way works fine. This is a way of gaining even more confidence and a better feeling about next week in Wimbledon.

Q: This is probably the best first round match youíve ever played here?
FEDERER: I agree. I was never in trouble on my own service game. I returned pretty well against a big server. I reacted very well at some times. I was able to put him under pressure. I could have even maybe broken him one more time with a forehand pass. I thought I was able to dominate him enough which came as a surprise because he was playing really well. He was playing aggressive, putting me under pressure. So, I thought it was going to be something like a 7:6, 6:4 if things went great. So, a 4 and 2 is quite a surprise.
Thank you dear Donna. Even Roger thought he would have struggled a little more adjusting to the grass, eventhough it's his favorite surface.
when he has done you no harm, Proverbs3:30"

So long Marat Safin, C'mon Lleyton Hewitt,Viel gluck Tommy Haas, Bring it on Marcos Baghdatis, Gut Spielen Nicolas Kiefer, Dale Fernando Gonzalez, Dale David Nalbandian, Davai Nikolay Davydenko and Allez Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Roger continue marvelling us the tennis mortals

Roger Federer & Martina Hingis (TENNIS)
Federerhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #152
country flag crude oil

crude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federerhingis View Post
Absolutely, that's why Venus, Serena and Davenport have been so successful at Wimbledon with first strike tennis, Sampras made a living of that, barring he had a very good first volley, with that huge serve most of his volleys looked easy.
not to mention that grass is a shotmaking surface, and federer is the shotmaker of all shotmakers.
crude oil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:08 AM   #153
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crude oil View Post
not to mention that grass is a shotmaking surface, and federer is the shotmaker of all shotmakers.
I believe it was Martina Navratilova that said this year Roger wouldn't win RG because he has too many options in his game. Tennis.com writer Steve Tignor said something similar a while back. Basically saying that Roger's game was too beautiful for clay. I must admit I get more chills watching Roger play on grass than any other surface, even though my overall preference is hard court tennis.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:20 AM   #154
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
I must admit I get more chills watching Roger play on grass than any other surface, even though my overall preference is hard court tennis.
I had chills yesterday watching several of his passing shots. Absolutely beautiful
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:22 AM   #155
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't it Mary carillo also who said Roger was "being punished for his versatility"

I gotta say I love this explanation : why is Roger losing to Rafa all the time on clay ?
Because he's too good

elessar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:44 AM   #156
country flag Federerhingis

Federerhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
Wasn't it Mary carillo also who said Roger was "being punished for his versatility"

I gotta say I love this explanation : why is Roger losing to Rafa all the time on clay ?
Because he's too good

Well any way you put it or describe the guy, he's special aint he.
when he has done you no harm, Proverbs3:30"

So long Marat Safin, C'mon Lleyton Hewitt,Viel gluck Tommy Haas, Bring it on Marcos Baghdatis, Gut Spielen Nicolas Kiefer, Dale Fernando Gonzalez, Dale David Nalbandian, Davai Nikolay Davydenko and Allez Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Roger continue marvelling us the tennis mortals

Roger Federer & Martina Hingis (TENNIS)
Federerhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:05 AM   #157
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Because he's too good

Hey it's true. Beautiful tennis is NOT played on red dirt!

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #158
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federerhingis View Post
Well any way you put it or describe the guy, he's special aint he.
That he is I'm hoping he's gonna show how "special" he is by starting to win big tournaments this year

Quote:
Truer words were never spoken

Some highlights of the match I posted in the chat thread ;
elessar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:34 AM   #159
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVE GRASSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Allez Roger!!!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:38 AM   #160
country flag *esther*

*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Because he's too good

Quote:
Agree! Well said.

I just love Grass!

newly recruited : StanislasWAWRINKA*GillesSIMON*Tsung-huaYANG

Please vote for Rendy's NEW FORUM
*esther* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #161
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:11 AM   #162
country flag Another RogFan

Another RogFan has a reputation beyond reputeAnother RogFan has a reputation beyond reputeAnother RogFan has a reputation beyond reputeAnother RogFan has a reputation beyond reputeAnother RogFan has a reputation beyond reputeAnother RogFan has a reputation beyond reputeAnother RogFan has a reputation beyond reputeAnother RogFan has a reputation beyond reputeAnother RogFan has a reputation beyond reputeAnother RogFan has a reputation beyond reputeAnother RogFan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the highlights
Another RogFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #163
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck vs Vacek

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:33 AM   #164
country flag luzkoz

luzkoz has a reputation beyond reputeluzkoz has a reputation beyond reputeluzkoz has a reputation beyond reputeluzkoz has a reputation beyond reputeluzkoz has a reputation beyond reputeluzkoz has a reputation beyond reputeluzkoz has a reputation beyond reputeluzkoz has a reputation beyond reputeluzkoz has a reputation beyond reputeluzkoz has a reputation beyond reputeluzkoz has a reputation beyond repute

Keep the streak alive, Rogi
luzkoz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:52 AM   #165
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
Good luck vs Vacek
Allez Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzkoz View Post
Keep the streak alive, Rogi
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote