The Artois Championships 2008 - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #181
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Artois Championships 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis-Engineer View Post
Why 10-7 in third set ?
it's super TB, like the doubles. The boodles usually have super TB instead of the 3rd match. I remember last year it's same.
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 02:56 PM   #182
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
I'm glad that I haven't been around to watch David's matches against Chardy at RG and the Djoker at Queen's.
Anyway he clearly tanked those matches, as he didn't want to expend too much energy ahead of the main event this week. Everyone knows that the Boodles Challenge is the true pillar of greatness .
I've watched the 1st two sets of his match against Chardy, but have to go for my classes and very shocked to see he lost it finally. But I did watch the Queen's SF from the beginning to the end, he was like a sliced baked meat to the Djoker

As to the Boodles, they have a very good list of players, but the website really sucks I almost can not find anything there...
Old 06-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #183
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora View Post
I've watched the 1st two sets of his match against Chardy, but have to go for my classes and very shocked to see he lost it finally. But I did watch the Queen's SF from the beginning to the end, he was like a sliced baked meat to the Djoker

As to the Boodles, they have a very good list of players, but the website really sucks I almost can not find anything there...
Yes the website is terrible. Most of the info there is about the hospitality and the tickets, which is fine, but they have hardly anything about the tennis, and they are very slow to update the OOPs and results.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:53 PM   #184
country flag novanora

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Yes the website is terrible. Most of the info there is about the hospitality and the tickets, which is fine, but they have hardly anything about the tennis, and they are very slow to update the OOPs and results.
I even can't find the results in 1st and 2nd day of the exhibition, and now it seems they finally have some brief match report for every day in the News Section, but still it's updated too slow....
Old 06-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #185
country flag Tennis-Engineer

Tennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond repute

Gulbis def. Nalbandian 6-3 6-7 14-12 in boodles challenge.
Tennis-Engineer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #186
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Such is the quality of the website that they've got the result the wrong way around, but yeah Gulbis won it seemed judging from quotes and the description.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:07 AM   #187
country flag novanora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis-Engineer View Post
Gulbis def. Nalbandian 6-3 6-7 14-12 in boodles challenge.
So he lost to Gulbis? from the brief report of the boodles website, it seems a good match and really close. Good luck to the Wimbledon.

Quote:
In the final match of the day, David Nalbandian and Ernests Gulbis continued their preparations at the Stoke Park Club in Buckinghamshire finishing off in style with an epic Championship tie-break. To complete a compelling day’s play, Gulbis fought back after dropping the second set to secure a victory 6-3, 6-7, 14-12.

Ernests Gulbis commented:
“"I really enjoyed it out there today. I thought it was a really good match and I’m really happy with my serve ahead of Wimbledon. I love the grass courts here at The Boodles and every match is more experience for me – the more time I get on the grass, the better I can play on it."

Last edited by novanora : 06-20-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #188
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

I find it amusing how every report from each player says something about how much they love Boodles, especially since their quote is only a couple of sentences long.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:59 PM   #189
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they just make sure to publish the "right" parts...
I've always wondered why David likes this event so very much.
As I don't think he'll be allowed his usual combination of t-shirt, sweatpants and flip flops around there.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:01 AM   #190
country flag novanora

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
I find it amusing how every report from each player says something about how much they love Boodles, especially since their quote is only a couple of sentences long.
it's so funny if you put all these quotes together and bold the right parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefer
“Three wins in a row on grass is pretty good form and I feel honoured to have won the title here at The Boodles. If I can play like this at Wimbledon then who knows what can happen. I felt like I was hitting the ball really well and, despite the rain, I managed to maintain my concentration which is always a huge part of playing on grass with all the stops and starts. I love playing here and my preparation for SW19 wouldn’t be the same without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robredo
“I thought if I played to Fernando’s backhand today then it would give me a chance of winning - and it seemed to work. It’s great to have a match like that with a top player and it helps us all to get the best practice. Next week is a very important time of the year for me and playing here at The Boodles is great preparation for Wimbledon. If I gave you one tip for next week, come and support me and I’ll see what I can do.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djokovic
I’m feeling great in the build up to Wimbledon and playing here at The Boodles Challenge is great preparation. I only have one match here this year but who knows, maybe next year you’ll see more. The crowds were great and it is the perfect way to prepare for one of the Grand Slam events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulbis
"I really enjoyed it out there today. I thought it was a really good match and I’m really happy with my serve ahead of Wimbledon. I love the grass courts here at The Boodles and every match is more experience for me – the more time I get on the grass, the better I can play on it."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawrinka
“Grass is a surface I haven't played on much in the past but I really enjoyed the experience here today and it was great practice. I'm really looking forward to Wimbledon and because it's such an important tournament it was important to get some great really good hitting in at The Boodles Challenge to prepare me for the fast courts. Kevin has a huge serve and I'm glad I managed to deal with it today."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray
“It felt good and it was a very interesting match seeing as I had not hit a ball for four days since I pulled out of Queen's. I enjoyed it thoroughly and even though I spent half my time face down I love playing on the grass. The court was playing really well today and it's great preparation for Wimbledon. I love everything about coming back to The Boodles. The people, the place, everything is second to none and I’ll definitely be back next year."

David's quote.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalbandian
“I found it very tough out there today but felt there was some great tennis on show. Coming straight from playing on the clay court circuit it certainly takes a bit of getting used to but it's great to be here again - that's the reason it's my sixth year at The Boodles. I'm sure over the week I'll go from strength to strength on the grass and really look forward to my next match.”
Old 06-22-2008, 03:09 AM   #191
country flag krystlel

Yeah, I swear they get told to say stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefer View Post
I feel honoured to have won the title here at The Boodles.
This one is the best one!