Racquet for a beginner?? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What would be the best racquet for me??

Keep the K Five that you ordered! 0 0%
The K Four 112 0 0%
The K Three 0 0%
The K six-two 0 0%
The K One 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
country flag Mr.White

Mr.White is on a distinguished road
Cool Racquet for a beginner??

Hello!

Ive been searching, reading, testing ect.. lots of different wilson racquet, I will buy a wilson, and im pretty sure its gonna be a [K] so please keep your recomandation within the brand.

What ive been testing:

Wilson nCode N1 Force 125" head - boy was i wrong thinking a beginner was best off with a large racquet head.. You get some "free" points with the large head, and great power on clean hits.. But ALOT of "way-over-the-fence" hits. But it is a really sweet racquet, it feels good playing with, but to random results for a beginner (me)

Wilson Hammer 95" head (dont remember the exact model). Changed to this one after 1 hour with the N1, WOW!! What a control!! I feelt like i finaly "got it", my forehand was suddenly hard to return for my friend whos been playing for 3 years. He says i suddenly got lots of topspinn on it, and hit alot harder within the line than the N1 Force.

So the hammer was a goodie with lots of control. At first I had a very compact swing, and bought the Wilson K Five 108 after telling the seller that i had a compact swing, and that the N1Force was too much power. Is this still a good choice now that my swing has totally changed?? (i havent recived the K Five yet))

I am now also concidering:

K Three headsize 115", 9.5 oz / 269g.
K Four 112, 9.7 oz / 275g.
K six-two, 100" head, 10.6 oz / 300g
K six-one, 122" head, 9.4 oz / 266g

Info:

188 cm
95 kg
Grip size 5+
Swing: Full

btw: any tips for a beginner?? hitting against a wall? any technics i should practise on? ect.. I dont want to get som bad habits i cant get away from later on...

btw2.. sorry for the bad english, im from Norway.

thx!

Kind regards Mr.White

Last edited by Mr.White : 06-06-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Mr.White is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2008, 07:11 PM   #2
country flag gaz

gaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racquet for a beginner??

i would try all of them and see which one i felt the most comfortabke with and would also try other brands other than wilson
gaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

each manufacturer will make rackets similar to the ones you have listed. the k5 108 isnt available in england yet, so i havent hit with it. but you could maybe consider the smaller head version of it as well, as it has a similar head size to the hammer racket you tried and liked. however, i do feel the the k1 and k3 would be too big headsize for you
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.White View Post
btw: any tips for a beginner?? hitting against a wall? any technics i should practise on? ect.. I dont want to get som bad habits i cant get away from later on...
Yeah go out and play tons of different people and if you play someone that you are going to beat easy (6-2) then try different things: getting into net or other stuff.

Also one more quick thing; when you learn the slice backhand don't over-use it. It is a mistake that almost everyone makes. Concentrate on hitting flat/topspin backhands deep and crosscourt.
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote