Grigor "Grisho" Dimitrov - Page 65 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #961
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor Dimitrov

RATIWATANA, Sanchai/RATIWATANA, Sonchat THA d. WC-DIMITROV, Grigor/WACHIRAMANOWONG, Kittipong BUL/THA 4-6 3-2 Ret. ( DIMITROV....knee injury )
kr1s71an is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2009, 09:31 AM   #962
country flag catatonia

catatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
RATIWATANA, Sanchai/RATIWATANA, Sonchat THA d. WC-DIMITROV, Grigor/WACHIRAMANOWONG, Kittipong BUL/THA 4-6 3-2 Ret. ( DIMITROV....knee injury )
Definitely not good as he was forced to retire when leading, but I still think it is not that bad overall since he decided to start the game. Recover fast, Grigor!

www.punterclub.com - the best site for daily mens tennis analysis and betting tips!

Grigor Dimitrov
catatonia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #963
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Recover fast and come back stronger
Old 03-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #964
country flag sher_rafavsroger

sher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond repute

get well soon Grigor!!

Quote:
Sleep with my eyes open,
Dream when I'm dead,
Love who my heart's chosen,
conque what lies ahead
- Ryan Keith Follese (Hot Chelle Rae)
sher_rafavsroger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #965
country flag FSRteam

FSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch... a knee injury is never good to have... I hope it is not much worse than it was before the started to play the doubles, but one may fear so...

Get better soon grigor and hope to see you play in ATP tournaments very soon!
FSRteam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:00 AM   #966
country flag Toppu

Toppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond repute

He has the knee problem since Bangkok Challenger. The incident in Korat could hurt him a lot,
worsening the injury. Hope you get well soon.

- Evgeny - GiLLeS - GRiGoR - RiCaRDaS -

Graf & Norman FOREVER
Toppu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #967

sher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond reputesher_rafavsroger has a reputation beyond repute

good article

Quote:
Remember what Roger Federer was in his early years of playing tennis? Or Pete Sampras? Or Rafael Nadal? They have all started from somewhere and succeeded in becoming one of the best at what they do. Well, let me introduce you to someone who has the potential to inherit their tennis crowns in the coming years.
Grigor Dimitrov is a very young tennis player from Bulgaria; in fact, he is only 17 years old. Demonstrating some incredible talent on the court, he has sparked the imaginations of thousands of tennis fans for what he could become in the future.
He has produced some wonderful performances at a very high level in the recent years. Dimitrov is also considered to be the best Bulgarian tennis player at the moment, despite his tender age.
Some people could argue why this boy is special. But the facts speak for themselves.
The Bulgarian wunderkind has some memorable successes under his belt.
Arguably, one of his biggest conquests in tennis so far is his great success in the Wimbledon junior tournament in 2007. He triumphed as champion, destroying all the opposition he faced.
What was even more impressing was that he did this without even losing a single set while playing with a shoulder injury which restricted him from serving at full speed. Undoubtedly, it was a memorable performance from the young Bulgarian.
Grigor Dimitrov continued to reap success during the next year as well. He strolled to victory in the US Open for juniors by beating American Devin Britton 6-4, 6-3 in the final. Thus he secured his second major title in less than a year.
Once again, he crushed his opponents, losing only one set to the seeded No.1 in the tournament—Tsung-Hua Yang, whom he met in the semifinal. After the tournament the 17 year-old stated that this would be his last participation in the junior division and that he would try his luck with the professionals.
His success and spectacular performances in the junior tournaments are not the only reason that leads me to believe that he could be the next big thing in tennis.
When you find skills and talent, usually seen in an older person, in someone in a less advanced stage of their lives then you begin to wonder how this has happened.
The truth is that it is something that just happens. Some people have that ability to be more efficient than other in some activity. It seems Grigor Dimitrov has that extra ability, or shall we call it talent, for tennis. And when you couple it with some other favorable conditions, the result is usually class act.
But what does really make this Bulgarian wonder kid so good? What skills does he possess that separate him from the other?
In spite of his years, Grigor Dimitrov has a very stable mentality and this in one of the main reasons behind his success. Not be discarded are also his speed and pace on the court, powerful strikes and even more so serves, and least but not last his brilliant technique.
The 17 year-old has also proved more than once that he is an all-court player, particularly strong on the baseline.
Another factor which can prove beneficial to his development is that he has a great coach by his side. And he is indeed Peter Lungren, the same guy who used to coach Roger Federer.
Mr. Lungren’s comparison of Grigor with the great Roger Federer is something that confirms the belief that the young Bulgarian is something special. He said: “Dimitrov is better than Federer at 17 years.”
Let’s hope the young talent takes the right path and makes the right choices and eventually even overtake Federer’s level of skill in tennis in the future. You never know.
All of Dimitrov’s qualities surfaced when he met the current World No.1 Rafael Nadal in February this year. The wunderkind lost but was able to keep his dignity in tact by taking a set from Nadal.
Surely, he managed put himself on the map with a performance like this. This and other great performances have helped him climb the ladder where he is currently ranked 400th.
It remains to be seen what this young tennis player can do in the future. One thing can not be doubted though; he has great potential and talent, and all the necessary ingredients to become a great tennis player in the future.

I, for one, wish him the best of luck, not only because he is my countryman but because tennis could benefit from a player like him.

link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...star-in-tennis

Quote:
Sleep with my eyes open,
Dream when I'm dead,
conque what lies ahead
Old 04-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #968
country flag Bulgaria

Bulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sher_rafavsroger View Post
Well there is a mistake. Grigor won Wimbledon and US Open in one year. It's not very accurate article, but not bad too.

Junior US Open & Wimbledon Champion - Grigor Dimitrov

Tsvetana Pironkova, Dia Evtimova

Dimitar Kuzmanov, Tihomir Grozdanov, Valentin Dimov, Dimitar Kutrovsky
Bulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #969
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Great,thanx
Old 04-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #970
country flag catatonia

catatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor was confirmed to be getting the natural Wild Card for Sofia Challenger. He will play Rhodes Challenger after that. I think it is not a very good idea as he will have to switch to hard courts there unless he plans on continuing with the hard courts and skipping the clay - he might do that and concentrate on faster surfaces as he needs preparation for the grass and Wimbledon.

There are four Futures events in Bulgaria in May and I was wondering whether he should consider getting some easy points by playing them. He will most probably not play them though as there are some Challengers that he might fancy participating in - Ramat Hasharon, Izmir, Bordeaux, Zagreb (most of them are on hard). However, everything apart from Sofia and Rhodes are my thoughts so nothing sure yet.

Good luck, Grigor, and I hope he recovers fast and fully from the knee injury - by the way, does anyone have any news about it?

www.punterclub.com - the best site for daily mens tennis analysis and betting tips!

Grigor Dimitrov
catatonia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #971
country flag Chris-swede

Chris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think he will earn so easy points in bulgaria....especially if played outdoors...he will have a hard time...so better go to challengers...

Joachim Johansson * Andreas Vinciguerra* Jonas Björkman* ToJo* Robin Söderling* Oliver Rochus* Christope Rochus* Jarkko Nieminen* Fernando Gonzalez* Feliciano Lopez*Igor Andreev*Catalin Gard*Kristof Vliegen*Kristian Pless*Kenneth Carlsen*Juan Ignacio Chela*Steve Darcis*Kevin Anderson*Henri Kontinen*Henri Laaksonen*Daniel Berta*Rik de Voest*Niels Desein*Fernando Verdasco*Arthur de Greef*'David Goffin*Yannik Reuter*Erling Tveit*Devin Britton*Micke Kontinen*Christian Lindell*Erling Tveit*Robbye Poole*Henri Laaksonen*
Chris-swede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #972
country flag didito_92

didito_92 has a reputation beyond reputedidito_92 has a reputation beyond reputedidito_92 has a reputation beyond reputedidito_92 has a reputation beyond reputedidito_92 has a reputation beyond reputedidito_92 has a reputation beyond reputedidito_92 has a reputation beyond reputedidito_92 has a reputation beyond reputedidito_92 has a reputation beyond reputedidito_92 has a reputation beyond reputedidito_92 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, guys
I found a video of Grigor talking about playing with the adults and about the real number 1-Federer
http://sportal.bg/video.php?video_id=12706
didito_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulgaria View Post
Well there is a mistake. Grigor won Wimbledon and US Open in one year. It's not very accurate article, but not bad too.
look at this sentence:

"Thus he secured his second major title in less than a year."

Quote:
Sleep with my eyes open,
Dream when I'm dead,
conque what lies ahead
Old 04-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #974
country flag kirschbomb

kirschbomb has a reputation beyond reputekirschbomb has a reputation beyond reputekirschbomb has a reputation beyond reputekirschbomb has a reputation beyond reputekirschbomb has a reputation beyond reputekirschbomb has a reputation beyond reputekirschbomb has a reputation beyond reputekirschbomb has a reputation beyond reputekirschbomb has a reputation beyond reputekirschbomb has a reputation beyond reputekirschbomb has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have Dimitrov vs Angus Wimby 2008 ? If so can you reseed it I am trying to download it. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #975
country flag Bulgaria

Bulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
look at this sentence:

"Thus he secured his second major title in less than a year."

No no. There is a mistake. Grigor won Wimbledon and Us Open in 2008, not in two diffrent years. The article says that he won Wimbledon in 2007.

Junior US Open & Wimbledon Champion - Grigor Dimitrov

Tsvetana Pironkova, Dia Evtimova

Dimitar Kuzmanov, Tihomir Grozdanov, Valentin Dimov, Dimitar Kutrovsky
Bulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote