Grigor "Grisho" Dimitrov - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 AM   #46
country flag Mincheff

Mincheff has a reputation beyond reputeMincheff has a reputation beyond reputeMincheff has a reputation beyond reputeMincheff has a reputation beyond reputeMincheff has a reputation beyond reputeMincheff has a reputation beyond reputeMincheff has a reputation beyond reputeMincheff has a reputation beyond reputeMincheff has a reputation beyond reputeMincheff has a reputation beyond reputeMincheff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor Dimitrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
He'll be on a court covered by Wimbledon Live, I should be able to see him.
Court 14 , around 13:30 local time vs local guy

Niall Angus (GBR) v. Grigor Dimitrov (BUL)[9]
Mincheff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #47
country flag maconick

maconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond repute

He won 7-6 6-4!

Next up Ty D Trombetta (USA)
maconick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #48
country flag Bulgaria

Bulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maconick View Post
He won 7-6 6-4!

Next up Ty D Trombetta (USA)
Good Luck tommorow Grigor.

Junior US Open & Wimbledon Champion - Grigor Dimitrov

Tsvetana Pironkova, Dia Evtimova

Dimitar Kuzmanov, Tihomir Grozdanov, Valentin Dimov, Dimitar Kutrovsky
Bulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:33 PM   #49
country flag Alex.
should be empty.

Alex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond repute

He has a really big forehand, it was by far the best shot of either player today. He likes to run around his backhand to hit it. His backhand is ok, it's a fairly solid one-hander, it wasn't nearly as impressive as his forehand. His serve is good, it's a shot that will improve I think. He moved fairly well, and he really seems to detest volleying. He almost never came to net, he is really a baseliner through and through. That's something he'll have to improve on.

The match should have been easier, really, he was a much better player than Angus. Angus has rather underwhelming groundstrokes, and a second serve that bounces short and with little pace on it. Grigor should have been doing more with it in the first set than he was, but he made a few too many silly errors. The second set was better, and he cleaned up his game more. He was fairly impressive throughout, just needs to clean up some of the errors if he wants to win the tournament.
m. raonic : b. tomic : d. istomin
Alex. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #50
country flag The_Beast

The_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor defeated Ty D Trombetta with 6-0 6-1.Go Grigore for the win.
The_Beast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #51
country flag maconick

maconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond repute

All The Way Grisha!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #52
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
He has a really big forehand, it was by far the best shot of either player today. He likes to run around his backhand to hit it. His backhand is ok, it's a fairly solid one-hander, it wasn't nearly as impressive as his forehand. His serve is good, it's a shot that will improve I think. He moved fairly well, and he really seems to detest volleying. He almost never came to net, he is really a baseliner through and through. That's something he'll have to improve on.

The match should have been easier, really, he was a much better player than Angus. Angus has rather underwhelming groundstrokes, and a second serve that bounces short and with little pace on it. Grigor should have been doing more with it in the first set than he was, but he made a few too many silly errors. The second set was better, and he cleaned up his game more. He was fairly impressive throughout, just needs to clean up some of the errors if he wants to win the tournament.
Thank you for your report. I haven't watched Grigor play and I don't know what his game is like. I read he liked to play on HC but strangely he has more success on clay. About his next opponent Adam report says

Quote:
Cesar Ramirez the 3rd seed probably hasn't played too much on grass, he's a lot more physically developed than most of the other juniors so he kind of bulked his way through if that makes sense.
Well it's good if Cesar's game on grass isn't too good but if the guy is strong and have a solid serve (today he's been serving at 65% but winning 80% on FS and 64% on SS, and 44% on receiving) I hope Grigor comes up with a good tactic and tries and block Cezar's serve.

Anyway good luck to Grigor. I'd wish he cuts off juniors and starts playing more ATP matches. He's 17 already, time for a break through in men's circuit.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:59 PM   #53
country flag maconick

Grigor will be playing spain futures after this for the rest of the year, but will most likely play us open juniors also
Old 07-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #54
country flag The_Beast

The_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor Dimitrov defeated C.Ramirez with 6-3 7-5 Go Grisha Go
The_Beast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #55
country flag maconick

Great Result, Grigor really looks like an all court player which will get him a better ranking quicker
Old 07-04-2008, 11:49 AM   #56
country flag gindyo

gindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond repute

I am watching the match live and fo now grigor is winning but hi is serving like he just graduated the kinder garden. his average is about 85-88 mph on first serve. he is cracking the forehand though especially the one down the line I like that shot. his backhand is not bad also if only he was not trying for stupid drop-shots when he is in winning position. over all he was playing much better yesterday against the mexican guy.

Last edited by gindyo : 07-04-2008 at 12:16 PM.
gindyo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #57
country flag gindyo

gindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond repute

now I see why hi was not serving well he seams to have a problem with his shoulder he was applying ice on it between the games

Last edited by gindyo : 07-04-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #58
country flag gindyo

right now he is just overwhelming the serbian guy
Old 07-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #59
country flag gindyo

not good , he started making unforced errors. probably the shoulder bothers him. he was icing it again

Last edited by gindyo : 07-04-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #60
country flag gindyo

he has a strange ritual every time he hits the tape of the net and the ball rolls over he goes over and touches the net with his raquet.