Grigor "Grisho" Dimitrov - Page 323 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #4831
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor "Grisho" Dimitrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post
Me too... I don't want him to leave and should come back more often.
I don't add him my ignore list because he is funny!
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #4832
country flag mrclyde

mrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you Dimitrov, one-hand backhanded champion is dying...
mrclyde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #4833
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

I read Grigor got suspended?!?! ehm.. why?

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #4834
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
I read Grigor got suspended?!?! ehm.. why?
Due to Helsinki incident. More info here:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...light=Dimitrov
Old 01-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #4835
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
Ohh, thanks!
I read with google translate version with hungarian but I didn't understand.
Hi there new fan of Grigor.

I edit a little bit the google translation of this article. Hope it is a bit more understandable now. It reffers to Grigor's early childhood and first steps in tennis

Grigor Dimitrov was an unruly child, and now it shows sometimes, especially if he get annoyed by the judge. "I led him on the court, where his father was a coach and he can run and romp at will" reminds his mother Maria Dimitrova, a former volleyball player and now a sports teacher. Thus, past Dad, the kid took the racket.

"It never was our obsession for him to do tennis. It just happened” - recalled the father Mitko Gospodinov. Back in 1994 in Haskovo there were no children rackets and had to cut the handle of one to fit the three years old Grisho. The boy started playing regularly at 5. His first memory of tennis is how he dragged the racket at the courts in Kenana Park.

The little Grigor did not limit to this sport. Family home was divided into sites. "In one room to play basketball, in the other - kitchen table was blocked with two books for table tennis. The corridor was reserved for football and tennis. From very small he did not like to lose. After each loss he wept. “He struggled to beat me, I was his biggest irritant” revealed details of childhood of the already a world tennis star mom - Maria in an interview for “Novinar south” in the winter of 2006. This was one of the very few Christmases, which the full family celebrated at home.

From small, Grigor plays with the senior boys. "Once when Julia Berberian came to Haskovo for lecture, she gave the following advice:" You must become first champion of Bulgaria,
not just your age group, but in the upper one. Only then you can try to breakthrough. So that was with us, "said his father and coach for Grigor’s first successes. At 12 he played finals in the senior age group. In the same 2003 Mitko Gospodinov took his son in France. Foreign experts had confirmed the findings of Dad - Grisho has talent that needs to be developed. Two years later, the young hope made a breakthrough in Europe.

In July 2005 the boy from Haskovo won the first European title for Bulgaria. 14-year-old Grigor, seeded third in the scheme on the Old Continent championship, was unstoppable on his way to the top. Consistently, in the Czech city of Ostrava, he forced Igor Buydo (Poland) and Mirza Bashich (Bosnia) to give up. At the final, our boy faced № 1 in the MD and touted from everybody as the favorite for the title - Radim Urbanek (Czech Republic). After the 6:0 and 7:6 (3) Grigor caused the biggest sensation on the tournament and triumph as a champion. 3 months earlier with Tzvetan Mihov he won the doubles championship of Eastern Europe in the Estonian capital Tallinn.
At the same place and during the same month the Haskovo talent top the singles. However, after the big victory in Ostrava, experts openly discussed the undisputable talent. They were shocked once understood that Grigor is not a product of any of the world known tennis academies. Ironically, the experts of the Paris School Muratoglu where now Dimitrov trains were asking his father for the system, which prepared his son. Mitko Gospodinov could not hide the truth about the miserable handball hall in Haskovo, in which the boy was forced to take his tennis lessons in winter with hat and gloves on. None of the foreigners did believe the father for Spartan conditions and rotten wooden floor in the hall. It was better that Gospodinov did not tell for buckets collecting water dripping from the ceiling of the makeshift tennis court. Foreign coaches who used to work in perfect bases, thought that this was a genuine Balkan humor and Grigor’s father had found a new recipe for success, which jealously preserved. They even did not believe the pictures that he showed them.

Experts do not remain indifferent to the young talent and Dad was given offers where the Haskovo boy should go ahead in tennis. They offer excellent conditions on very high prices which the coach and father was forced to reject. However he was aware that the handball hall in their hometown should now be forgotten. With many begs for sponsorship Gospodinov managed to collect money and brought his son to winter camp in the U.S. where all players fly from Europe during the cold months. Two years they got supported from Dimitar Yazadzhiev, who makes his own academy in the U.S. The family never managed to find funds to send Grisho at the famous school of Nick Bollettieri.

Young tennis talent and his father still managed to enter the courts of the famous master - during the tournament Eddie Herr "in 2005. There Dimitrov reached the final and beat just a graduate of Nick Bollettieri - Alex Domiyan. It seems that the loss was difficult swallowed by the organizers because at the official website of the tournament they took
the victory of Grigor and attributed to his opponent! "Even a year later they did not wanted to correct the error. So I told Grisho that he must win again the tournament. Thus it happened, and this time they correctly wrote that he was the winner, "recalls Mitko Gospodinov. At the end of 2006 Grigor won another prestigious tournament overseas - Orange Bowl, considered the unofficial winter world junior championship.

In the race for the Orange bowl Grigor had to beat both his opponents, prepared in much better conditions and skepticism of the hosts. Traditionally, each contestant comes out on the court with a sign that says the name and his country. For our boy, however, there was not. "The organizers did not expect that Grisho will overcome the first round. On the second day even gave him a plate of the other boy from Bulgaria – Valentin Dimov, who participated in the 18-year-olds. Explaining that there was a mistake and this is not Dimov but Dimitrov. The organizers replied important was that the first three letters of the name coincided and it says "Bulgaria."

“On the third day of inconvenience they had handwritten Dimitrov, Bulgaria”, told a few months after the success - Mitko Gospodinov. Only in the final of the tournament organizers gave his son's exact plate. The hosts of Orange Bowl to the last did not believe that a little-known Bulgarian will bring the bowl with oranges into the world unknown town of Haskovo. Grigor, however, disprove them in a brilliant way.

His first invitation to a Grand Slam in juniors Dimitrov received in late 2006 for the Australian Open. But he never managed to go - no money! Parents tried to raise funds, but, as often happen, hit the stone. Haskovo businessmen proved too narrow to believe the father-coach that in the town was born talent, who can top on in the tennis.

Frequently Mitko is found at the doors to companies. “I needed a lot of money for the football club and he was glad if someone gave him 500BGN (300 USD), although this rarely happened, "recalls Emil Trailov at that time CEO of FC Haskovo. Of course, not all developers have been hard-hearted, there were those who helped, but with fewer resources. Mayor of Haskovo - Georgi Ivanov also several times gave away from his pocket money to sponsor the talented player. None of the councilors did dare to submit a report with which to allocate personal financial assistance for Grigor – they fear to take responsibility for.
Despite the difficulties, the family never thinks Grigor to stay away from tennis. He himself admits that sometimes the losses are so desperate, but never wanted to leave the court. "In the Netherlands, beaten in the first round (in 2005 b.r.) and sent his parents sms: " Nothing will happen with me, I'm a dribbler, "said Grisha time ago.

"I was very surprised that he has dropped in the first round. This tournament was one of the five funded by the European Tennis Association. To the Netherlands he traveled 14 hours by car. Going bed after midnight and at 8.30 he has to play first on the court and this against very tough opponent, "Dad then revealed the reasons for unexpected sms.

In the shadow of the big successes remained teen final for doubles with Grigor at the U.S. Open in 2007. Together with Vashek Pospisil he lost the match for the title. Injury does it cease to make his big blow to US Open Junior still in his first participation. He overcame the first round; the latter should confront Daniel Evans. "I would beat him, but injury prevented me from’, revealed after the tournament in Haskovo. Unfortunately, he injured on one of the small tournaments in Canada before the U.S. Open and appeared shortly after the tournament began.

"It turned out that one of my sneakers was quite worn out and just slipped it in an attempt to save a ball. Fell bad on one elbow. Everything around me on the court was in blood. The doctor came and originally thought I broke my hand because I could not move it. Then it turned out that I did not break it, "said later the Haskovo player. His injury did not appear so severe, but enough to force him to give up his further involvement of single US Open. And next year everything fell into place – Grigor became the first Bulgarian winning teenage editions of Wimbledon and US Open.

Two and a half years later Grigor Dimitrov is now part of the top 100 in men and most forward Bulgarian ranked player in the history of the world rankings, but the story is just beginning...

Milen Valchev, Novinarug.com
http://novinarug.com/news/?p=2532
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #4836
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Thank you nadejda!!! I understand!

Welcome here!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #4837
country flag larzm

larzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for the translation!!!!!
larzm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #4838
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome : ))))
Old 01-31-2011, 09:43 AM   #4839
country flag Berba

Berba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond repute

grisho is presently in bulgaria. a few days ago he gave the prizes to young bulgarian champions. i am not sure how to post some nice pics here

GRISHO is the future

Sorry, Roger!
Berba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 AM   #4840
country flag larzm

larzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond repute

Just upload them to http://yfrog.com/ or something and then you get an url which you can use for the "Insert Image" function here...
Old 01-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #4841
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Grisha is the best player in bulgarian history!

http://www.tenniskafe.com/%D0%B1%D1%...B0%D1%82%D0%B0

With google T. : http://translate.google.hu/translate...2582%25D0%25B0
Old 01-31-2011, 04:10 PM   #4842
country flag Bulgaria

Bulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Yes today offially after the ranking was published Grigor is the highest ranked male tennis player in Bulgaria's history. He is the second bulgarian to enter top 100. Our female tennis has a lot more successes but hopefully Grigor will change that and create a new page in our tennis history.

Junior US Open & Wimbledon Champion - Grigor Dimitrov

Tsvetana Pironkova, Dia Evtimova

Dimitar Kuzmanov, Tihomir Grozdanov, Valentin Dimov, Dimitar Kutrovsky
Bulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #4843
country flag Berba

Berba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by larzm View Post
Just upload them to http://yfrog.com/ or something and then you get an url which you can use for the "Insert Image" function here...
sorry, i am a bit ignorant with these technologies. after i upload the pictures how can i post them directly here (not as a link)?

GRISHO is the future

Sorry, Roger!
Berba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #4844
country flag larzm

There is this button in the top of the Reply field which looks like some mountaiins with a sun. This shall be a picture. Just cklick it and you'll be asked for the url, where the picture can be found in the www. Then you paste it there click OK or something and you'll have some code like [IMG]url[/IMG] or so...
Old 01-31-2011, 06:09 PM   #4845
country flag larzm

works... ;-)