Grigor "Grisho" Dimitrov - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-11-2008, 05:40 PM   #271
country flag catatonia

catatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor Dimitrov

Too bad our dream ended so early, but Serra is a tricky player who has the weapons of an all-arounder with good attacking game when needed and a strong serve. Surely I thought Grigor has chances before the game as Serra didn't have impressive indoors results this season, but obviously he has enough weapons to disarm our boy. Grigor needs to work on the second serve and he should be fine and after all time is on his side. I saw a lot of similar performances this week from better players (Ferrero showed similar stats on second serve and return against Melzer and Chardy was as bad against Kunitsyn) who suddenly lacked good shots so nothing to worry about. Waiting for next week now

Last edited by catatonia : 10-11-2008 at 05:57 PM.
catatonia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2008, 09:31 AM   #272
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

oh

nice try

Quote:
Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).
Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #273
country flag FSRteam

FSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by catatonia View Post
Too bad our dream ended so early, but Serra is a tricky player who has the weapons of an all-arounder with good attacking game when needed and a strong serve. Surely I thought Grigor has chances before the game as Serra didn't have impressive indoors results this season, but obviously he has enough weapons to disarm our boy. Grigor needs to work on the second serve and he should be fine and after all time is on his side. I saw a lot of similar performances this week from better players (Ferrero showed similar stats on second serve and return against Melzer and Chardy was as bad against Kunitsyn) who suddenly lacked good shots so nothing to worry about. Waiting for next week now
I think it is just too early for him to play top 100 players. I think he should be playing challengers not masters series qualies for now and he should also secure his #1 junior ranking. That'd be great if he could finish the year as #1 in the U18 ITF and be around 350 in the ATP ranking...
FSRteam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #274
country flag maconick

maconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSRteam View Post
I think it is just too early for him to play top 100 players. I think he should be playing challengers not masters series qualies for now and he should also secure his #1 junior ranking. That'd be great if he could finish the year as #1 in the U18 ITF and be around 350 in the ATP ranking...
Grigor has said that the US Open was his last junior tournament
maconick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:14 AM   #275
country flag catatonia

catatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond repute

Undoubtedly Grigor needs more practice on the Futures and Challengers level as he is still too young and inexperienced to compete on the main tour (not to mention the Masters Series). Still we in Bulgaria have been away from top mens tennis for so long that we need to see some local player involved in the top events. However, Grigor is No 1 Junior and he gets invited here and there and he obviously has good management so it all gives me hopes for his good development. The people around him know the routine and they will give him the needed.
Going back to his Madrid performance - as I read yesterday the surface there is a bit tricky especially for inexperienced players. It is fast and favours the big serves (hence the good stats on first serve), but the ball bounces awkwardly and moves fast especially if you give it some top spin. Therefore returns are tricky to manage if you are making your first appearance in Madrid. Serra is very experienced and he knew how to handle the returns while Grigor did not. Anyway, good luck to him for the rest of the season and in general!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:30 PM   #276
country flag catatonia

Time for Basel now - Grigor meets Jiri Vanek in the first qualifying round and if he beats him a weaker opponent awaits:

http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/328/qs.pdf

Vanek is no slouch indoors as he played qualification for Moscow and managed to beat three opponents before going out to Ginepri in the first main draw round. Apart from that Vanek is generally a clay courter, but has a good serve.
As I see it now there are three qualifying rounds so it will be really hard for Grigor, but good luck anyway!

Last edited by catatonia : 10-17-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:54 PM   #277
country flag blaithy

blaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info!

Grigor is playing the 4th match on Central Court tomorrow, play begins at 9 swiss time.

All the best luck tomorrow, Grisha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWREqPtdxhE&feature=sub
blaithy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:13 AM   #278
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaithy View Post
Thanks for the info!

Grigor is playing the 4th match on Central Court tomorrow, play begins at 9 swiss time.

All the best luck tomorrow, Grisha!
Go-gooooo....All the best!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #279

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor leads *3-1 1st set
Old 10-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #280

Grigor won 1st set 7-5!Well done!
Old 10-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #281
country flag Stanko Dapa

Stanko Dapa has a reputation beyond reputeStanko Dapa has a reputation beyond reputeStanko Dapa has a reputation beyond reputeStanko Dapa has a reputation beyond reputeStanko Dapa has a reputation beyond reputeStanko Dapa has a reputation beyond reputeStanko Dapa has a reputation beyond reputeStanko Dapa has a reputation beyond reputeStanko Dapa has a reputation beyond reputeStanko Dapa has a reputation beyond reputeStanko Dapa has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor won the first set
Stanko Dapa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #282
country flag The_Beast

The_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Vanek won the second set 6-4

Also supporting: G.Dimitrov, N.Davydenko, M.Youzhny, D.Nalbandian,
J.M.D.Potro,A.Dolgopolov, S.Wawrinca
The_Beast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:49 PM   #283
country flag maconick

maconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond repute

YES Grigor Won 7-5 4-6 7-6(8-6)!!!

Next Round Koubek Or Bastl
maconick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #284
country flag FSRteam

FSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats grigor! Way to go though... bastl or koubek won't be any easier!
FSRteam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:07 PM   #285
country flag Bulgaria

Bulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

It was such a intense match. I was following it to through the livescore but my heart was going to explode on the last games. His next opponent is Julian Reister from Germany not Koubek or Bastl. Good Luck tommorow. Bulgaria is with you.

Junior US Open & Wimbledon Champion - Grigor Dimitrov

Tsvetana Pironkova, Dia Evtimova

Dimitar Kuzmanov, Tihomir Grozdanov, Valentin Dimov, Dimitar Kutrovsky
Bulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote