Grass season 2008 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #91
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass season 2008

What a good news, wimbledon on canal+ clair !!!
But Micka can't play normally, he can't move, what a pity. I think he's going to retire...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2008, 07:42 PM   #92
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

well, he retired. On grass, it's so disapointing, he could make a great thing.
I don't know if he will withdraw in double...

Guy Forget
Old 06-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #93
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
I don't know if he will withdraw in double...
Maybe

On Canal + they said that when you retired in single it was the ATP's doctors who decided if you could play doubles, Micka isn't the only decision maker. (I didn't know about this rule) Even if he feels better in few days it's not sure they will play.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:41 PM   #94
country flag barbottin

barbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond repute

It is really sad for Llodra, he could have been the greatest french hope in Wimbledon...
Anyway his double partner probably doesn't care about defending their title considering that they are sure to go to Beijing. A luck for Arnaud, he will probably be on holidays tomorrow
barbottin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #95
country flag Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbottin View Post
A luck for Arnaud, he will probably be on holidays tomorrow
ahhaha tu prends pas de gants toi ...lol
As terrible as it may sound, it's probably what it will happen...
For once, he's happy not to play double, he won't have to stay in england.
Holiday sooner. Merci Micka.

(Should we give him some chances for tomorrow before talking about holiday ? lol)

Guy Forget
Old 06-23-2008, 09:57 PM   #96
country flag barbottin

barbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
ahhaha tu prends pas de gants toi ...lol
As terrible as it may sound, it's probably what it will happen...
For once, he's happy not to play double, he won't have to stay in england.
Holiday sooner. Merci Micka.

(Should we give him some chances for tomorrow before talking about holiday ? lol)
Hum...I don't know...It's Bjorkman's last Wimbledon, he will certainly be very motivated...And Arnaud very motivated by his holidays ( with his brunette )
barbottin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:20 PM   #97
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
happy birthday kezzi

thanks for the pics. looks like you had got hold of him at a practice

i still do one pic at a time!
It was not my own birthday
But still thanks

I did, didn't miss a practice in 3 days and saw 1 match

On saturday: first practice
Ofcourse I was really happy to find out Arno choose 's-Hertogenbosch
Then I noticed Bruno wasn't there but I was still happy to see Arno.
When he walked to his bag, I asked him where Bruno was and he was at home. Ofcourse this week is a better one for a holiday at home than Wimbledon .
I asked him for a picture afterwards, the one with the towel around his neck.
When I was trying to get my camera to focus, I discovered why it didn't work in the first place. Arno almost stuck his nose in my camera and then moved backwards It was really funny, I'm sad I didn't have my camera on video mode, it was hilarious.

On sunday his first practice was with Kristof Vliegen. They were joking a lot during this session, it was really funny to watch.
Arno practiced another time later in the afternoon. My sister arrived right after that first session, so she was really happy she could see Arno too. It was the only day she could go and he didn't have to play his first round.
That practice was with Gicquel. Also some very funny moments, but I didn't understand a word they said After that session my sis and I wanted a picture with Arno. We asked him to do it when walking off the training courts, because the Krajiceks were training too, so really really busy.
Then I wanted to say, "we have to find someone to take our picture" but Arno said something in French of which I only understood "photo". Turns out he asked Gicquel to take the pic I explained to him that my camera works just like the small ones on automatic mode and when I turned around Arno was already ready for the pic with a big smile on his face
Marc took the pic, showed it to us and took another one, because my sister forgot she was still wearing her sunglasses. Then we asked Arno to greet Bruno for us and wished him good luck for his match.

Monday, finally match day
First of all let me say: Whatever you heard about the ballkids in 's-Herto, Arno wasn't overreacting this time. They were really really terrible, never seen anything like it. And they were afraid to move to begin with, but when Arno got frustrated it was like they were made of ice.
And not rolling the balls in the right direction, not running to pick them up and all those things. Even frustrating for the audience.

Ok, I think everyone here can imagine Arno's reaction to this, at one point he asked the umpire to call them together and explain again. Which he did, because he agreed Arno wasn't overreacting.
He also lost the second set, because he lost his concentration. Overall the match was quite good, some good points for both players, but nothing really special. For me it was, because it was Arno, but only looking at tennis it was just a regular match with some very very good games.
The picture were Arno is waving, is when a coach sat down to watch. I believe it was the one with Olivier Rochus. He practised with him and Serra in the morning.
After the match I congratulated Arno with his win and we started talking. He said that he knew he was horrible to the ballkids sometimes, so yes he admits it After that I walked with him towards the players lounge (quite a long walk from court 3), because he said he forgot to greet Bruno, but he would do it today. And I told him we were in Marseille and we had a short conversation about our holiday there last summer and that we also visited Aix. He was happy that my sis and I liked it so much, but I still have to meet the Frenchman who isn't proud of his country
And that was it, we reached the point were I couldn't go through anymore, so I wished him good luck for the rest of the week and said I hope to see him again this year. And I think he got the hint that he shouldn't leave Bruno at home next time
Old 06-23-2008, 11:25 PM   #98
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
Thanks for the pictures, Kezzi!!! Arnaud does look happy

But he'd rather not!

Hope nothing too serious On scoreboard it looks less frightening.
He was really happy all the time, except on saturday morning. But when I took that picture of him after training, he was already very happy again and joking.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:30 PM   #99
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbottin View Post
Hum...I don't know...It's Bjorkman's last Wimbledon, he will certainly be very motivated...And Arnaud very motivated by his holidays ( with his brunette )
In my eyes that would be weird, there's no point in going to Wimbledon if you don't believe you'll make it past round 1
Then he could've better taken a holiday in the week of 's-Hertogenbosch.
And what I saw in that match against Becker, I believe Arno is still (or again) very motivated to win. He didn't give up in that match when it wasn't going so well, 4-0 behind in the second set and still fighting for every point. And Rosmalen isn't such an important tournament as Wimbledon...
But maybe I see it differently than an actual tennis player.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:27 AM   #100
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

kezzi, you must have cheered him up tremendously. that's why he played better than usual

as for tonight (today for the rest of you), i won't mind if arnaud sends off jonas in style but it should be a good fight between the veterans. btw isn't seb also playing? is he also 30 now? we need a few more walking sticks.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:06 PM   #101
country flag deanna

deanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report

.JuanCarlosFerrero.DavidFerrer.
.ArnaudClément.FilippoVolandri.SimoneBolelli.JuanMonaco.
.FernandoGonzalez.FelicianoLopez.
Ferrero Tard #29
deanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #102
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Watch Arnaud play on court 11 on Wimbledon's website (that is if you don't have a Mac or use Linux ), but it doesn't seem to be free!
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #103
country flag Marine

HE WON, HE WON !!!!
4 sets, 4/6 7/6 6/4 7/6 ! What a good score !
I'm happy I was wrong, he's still alive in the tournament and...it's his first win in grand slam this year,
If only it could give him some confidence and some motivation !

Guy Forget
Old 06-24-2008, 06:22 PM   #104
country flag sandy83S

sandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond repute

HE WON, yes, yes, yes!!!!!!

I know that It's not an exploit to gain a match but him which since months, left to the first turn!

Go Arnaud
sandy83S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #105
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he didn't find yet the destination for holidays

A very tough match and quite long for a match on grass! It's was also a long time that's he didn't have won two tie-breaks in a match.

Becker has defeated Davydenko. He gets a lot of confidence and wants probably takes his revenge of last week. I'm not very optimistic

But Arnaud won a match in a GS congrats to him
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote