Grass season 2008 - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-04-2008, 01:04 AM   #211
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass season 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
He thinks this tournament and this match will help him for the end of the season ( we hope also )
let's hope so, he certainly needs to be a lot better than what he had been before wimbly, for the doubles to work well in beijing, his other dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
We all know that he would have lost against Nadal but reach the semi-final was the "little dream"
aahhh it's not the same not getting to the semis, even if they are both 'sure loss'... the ranking points are a lot more! (even if they don't care about the extra money)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy83S View Post
Arnaud made a beautiful tournament, he can largely be to trust of him and like G Forget said if he continues thus he can return in the 30e better

thanks arnaud for this Wimbledon and good holidays now
it's amazing how some posters here thought he's more keen to go on holidays than to play wimbly! it hasn't turned out all that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
I always thought Arno was wearing contacts during practice Didn't know his prescription was that low he can play well without the glasses.
If I don't wear contacts or glasses I would probably see the ball at the moment when it hit my face
Maybe that's a little exaggerated, I have -3,25

Thanks everyone for the interviews and reports I was at work today, so I only saw livescores. I found that tiebreak in the 3rd very impressive!
i was also looking at livescores what could you expect, of course tv showed the womens semis.

i am -6.0 in one eye, and -4.75 in another (that's why i've always been a bit amused by all that fuss about arnaud's sight problems)
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #212
country flag sandy83S

sandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond repute

my brother returned yesterday evening from Wimbledon, He would have liked to see the match Federer/Nadal but his plane was yesterday after midday!

He spent 15 days enthralling, and he really appreciated to see Arnaud in a better form, playing a tennis of better quality and to take again confidence! Now my brother also spent a good moment looking at Bruno and Nolwenn who are certainly supporters out of gold!!!!

Nolwenn seems really well to hear with the 2 brothers "Clément", and she seems well to know the play of Arnaud;
(at the same time considering she was already with him in Roland Garros in 2007, I don't know if they already were together but they were quite close, and after I saw with the master of Paris Bercy in November, and she very also concentrated on the match this day )

My brother could spoken a little in Cédric Pioline and trainer of R Gasquet! they are spoken tennis, coaching; etc… He took councils them for his coaching !
sandy83S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #213
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
i am -6.0 in one eye, and -4.75 in another (that's why i've always been a bit amused by all that fuss about arnaud's sight problems)
On the website of his sponsor Oakley, the reason of the glasses is explained if some people are interested
Quote:
In tennis, little things can have a big impact. Whether a ball is going to be on the line or out can be the difference between winning and losing. About ten years ago, my mom started telling me that I wasn’t always hitting the ball in the middle of my racket. She thought I had a problem with my eyes — and I did. An Oakley rep working in France brought me some product to try out and a ton of knowledge on their performance benefits. Suddenly, my big problem had a simple solution.
http://oakley.com/visionaries/arnaud_clement
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:53 AM   #214
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
let's hope so, he certainly needs to be a lot better than what he had been before wimbly, for the doubles to work well in beijing, his other dream
I hope Nolwenn joins him, she is such a good supporter that I think she should stop singing and travel fulltime with Arno and Bruno

Quote:
aahhh it's not the same not getting to the semis, even if they are both 'sure loss'... the ranking points are a lot more! (even if they don't care about the extra money)
I really wanted Arno to get to the semis! Apart from ranking points and money, there would be someone beautiful to look at in semis

Quote:
it's amazing how some posters here thought he's more keen to go on holidays than to play wimbly! it hasn't turned out all that bad
In Rosmalen I already got the idea that Arno was excited to play Wimbly, he was just so happy and motivated. I'm happy we saw that at the matches in Londen too.

Quote:
i was also looking at livescores what could you expect, of course tv showed the womens semis.
I was at work, but I had permission to watch the scoreboard. Just to be safe I asked my manager, because otherwise I might have to close it when someone found out

Quote:
Yeah, if he can do well without glasses there's nothing to make a fuss
I really didn't know he doesn't really have to wear glasses. But I think he should keep wearing them, I can see the ball much better when wearing sunglasses, so I expect it's the same for Arno And they look cool
Old 07-09-2008, 07:56 AM   #215
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy83S View Post
my brother returned yesterday evening from Wimbledon, He would have liked to see the match Federer/Nadal but his plane was yesterday after midday!

He spent 15 days enthralling, and he really appreciated to see Arnaud in a better form, playing a tennis of better quality and to take again confidence! Now my brother also spent a good moment looking at Bruno and Nolwenn who are certainly supporters out of gold!!!!

Nolwenn seems really well to hear with the 2 brothers "Clément", and she seems well to know the play of Arnaud;
(at the same time considering she was already with him in Roland Garros in 2007, I don't know if they already were together but they were quite close, and after I saw with the master of Paris Bercy in November, and she very also concentrated on the match this day )

My brother could spoken a little in Cédric Pioline and trainer of R Gasquet! they are spoken tennis, coaching; etc… He took councils them for his coaching !
I agree!

Maybe she'll be at Bercy again, my sister and I would like to go
We were planning a city trip to Paris around that time, so hopefully we can go to the tournament too.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #216
country flag sandy83S

sandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond repute

my best friend heard this morning at the radio " europe1" they spoke about the Olympic Games and the qualification of Arnaud and Mika for the double in tennis

and the journalist added that for the moment they benefitted from a few days of holidays with also Nolwenn! I don't know if they left on holiday all together! Maybe, before the Olympic Games they go to practise on the beach!
sandy83S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #217
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

in his last interview, micka said he uses to go on holiday with arnaud, so maybe...
but micka isn't supposed to still be on holiday ! he lost early in wimbledon, went earlier on holiday, now he should be back at work to prepare the hard season...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:14 PM   #218
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

A big family holiday?
I suppose Micka should first of all take a proper care of all his injuries to be well prepared for the Beijing action.

As for the holiday, there was an interview some 10 days ago (sorry if I doublepost it, I might miss some of the previous posts ) where Arnaud mentioned that when he had hard times and had to play Challengers he believed that maybe he should go on holidays instead - to find back an ability to enjoy his game. And he added that he actually hadn't got "bonnes vacances" for 1.5 years! That makes me thinking that we have a different idea of what holiday is...

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:57 AM   #219
country flag Kezzi

I guess that if Arno's has the same idea of holiday as I have, he would have got plenty of holidays the last years
I work all of my summer holiday except for 1 week and I also work during my school on the days that I don't have to go
Tennistournaments always feel like miniholidays to me, because you're in your own country, but it's very different at the grounds than outside with all those foreign people