Grass season 2008 - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #166
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass season 2008

I have to use Silverlight to be able to access those streams. I didn't find an email on the website, I'll look again, maybe they can help me

Old 06-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #167
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see anything, i'm just back home.

I can't believe he's in quarter in Wimbledon... that's just so unexpected, that's just so amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The last week, we just hoped ONE win, we were deperate, and today, omg, he's in quarter.
Of course, he has a dream draw, he hasn't yet played any seeded player until his quarter, he's lucky. But well, he won matches he wouldn't have won 3 weeks ago.
And everyboby (medias, himself, bruno..) say he's calm, regular in his matches, he's won the important points, and seems to be strong mentally.
That's a big change.

What a pity RG is not on grass...lol

Next match on wednesday, I think I'll can see it.

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #168
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

R-No has been playing so well. I hope he can get to the semis.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:07 PM   #169
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

yes only one step away from being that dream semi-finalist.... let's hope arnaud take his revenge for the last time he met schuettler, the battle of the AO finalists

some facts! arnaud is the only french male left (are there any french females?)

either he or schuettler is the oldest, i haven't checked

he's one of the three who won in straight sets yesterday... the other two are roger and rafa

that's enough good news to go

ps. yes schuettler is the oldest at 32, and the pair gets a special mention on the official website http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...854208609.html

Last edited by Via : 06-30-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:07 AM   #170
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

^^ You forgot one fact: he clearly the most beautiful player (male or female) in the quarterfinals.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #171
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Second match on court 1 tomorrow.

On the FFT webiste, there is an interview of Bruno and we learn that they eat libanese food almost every evening

For the match as usual Arnaud's serve will be very important and maybe he'll get a chance to win but sure Rainer wants the same!
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #172
country flag sandy83S

sandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond reputesandy83S has a reputation beyond repute

my brother is always has Wimbledon and he attended the match of Arnaud! some impressions : he liked to see he also merry at the end his match, and to go directly in the arms of his brother! Beautiful complicity and love enter the 2 brothers!

He also liked to see Arnaud sent a small discrete kiss to Nolwenn, and she had already started to go down towards him for to embrace! Around they there were the cameras, the photo hobbyists and professionals ((one saw all with the TV)

if not, he found Arnaud made a very good match, he knew to manage on the duration, Marin Cilic is tired on the low balls Arnaud, he found a beautiful confidence which is seen in his play! he has a chart to play tomorrow
sandy83S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #173
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't watched a match of this year's Wimbledon yet so thank you all for reports and impressions So nice to see Arnaud being happy and sharing his happiness with us taking great victories!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
This Wimbledon is a rebirth for many players : Shuettler, Arnaud, Safin. It's as if we were 5 years ago
That is so true! Except Federer, Nadal and maybe Murray all the other quarter finalists are a big surprise to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
ps. yes schuettler is the oldest at 32, and the pair gets a special mention on the official website http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...854208609.html
They also say in that article that Arnaud becomes the second lowest ranked player after Labadze in the quarter-finals. Fantastic achievement

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #174
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

he's 145, but he suddenly found himself so low only like 2 weeks ago

go arnaud, make more history tonight. hope to see a glimpse of you, in between the roger/rafa matches! lol

(i wonder if pay tv here shows court 1, while free tv shows centre court. if so, i may be in luck tonight )

lebanese food? maybe the french cuisine is not up to scratch in london
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:48 PM   #175
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

"Elle n'est pas terrible votre question !"
Signé Arnaud Clément, en réponse à un journaliste britannique qui trouvait inhabituel le fait pour un Français d'être heureux sur herbe.

"your question is not good"
Arnaud answering to a british journalist who asked him if it was not curious, for a French, to be happy on grass...

Guy Forget
Old 07-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #176
country flag kukka

kukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to get nervous/excited about Arnaud's quarterfinal today. It's so great that he's made this far and there's a good opportunity to go even further.

Elina

Allez! Nicolas Escudé Jérôme Haehnel Arnaud Clément Sébastien Grosjean Thierry Ascione Olivier Mutis Julien Varlet

C'mon! Lleyton Hewitt Mark Philippoussis Todd Reid

¡Vamos! Juan Carlos Ferrero Rafael Nadal

Yippee! Jan-Michael Gambill Graydon Oliver

Come on! Gustavo Kuerten Tim Henman

Wow! Patrick Rafter Wayne Ferreira
kukka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #177
country flag Marine

2 good articles in "Le Parisien" newspaper today. It's rare, but arnaud is the last frenchy in wimbledon...

Clément, deux gars, une fille

Même barbe, même cheveux clairs en pétard, Bruno Clément, 32 ans, est le frère et coach d'arnaud clément, 30 ans.
"Ca fait 30 ans qu'il me casse les pieds. Quand on était enfants, j'étais tout calme, tout mou, tranquille. Lui ne tenait pas en place, il était hyperactif.
En fait, cela n'a pas beaucoup changé aujourd'hui."
lol
Après de longs mois à ramer de défaite en défaite, les 2 frères entravoient le bout du tunnel. Mais leurs liens du sang n'ont jamais eu à patir de leurs divergences professionnelles.
"Nos tensions n'étaient pas forcément liées aux mauvais résultats. Et dans ces moments là, j'ai pu me rappeler des périodes dures à gérer quand on avait 5, 10, 15 ans. C'est beaucoup plus facile".
Au quotidien, bruno décrit son frère comme quelqu'un d'extrêmement généreux dans tous les sens du terme, avec le sens de l'amitié, et très exigeant envers lui-même". Une qualité qui peut vite se transformer en défaut.
"J'ai souvent du mal à suivre , et cette exigence est toujours difficile à comprendre vue de l'extérieur".
Pour réussir son épopée anglais, le binôme Clémen s'appuie, en plus du soutien affectif de Nolwenn, sur le soutien familial.
"Même s'ils ne seront pas là demain, ils seront à fond derrière arnaud. Surtout papiche et mamoun , qui sont à Marseille. Le grand-père n'y voit pas bien malgré le grand écran, et il faut lui raconter les matches. L'autre jour, il était tellement stressé qu'il a faillu arracher le bras de ma grand-mère".

Le grand amour avec Nolwenn
Depuis le début du tournoi, on ne voit qu'elle. A chaque match d'arnaud clément, Nolwenn Leroy, 25 ans, prend place dans les tribunes aux cotés de Bruno Clement, et n'éhsite pas à donner de la voix et à bouger pour pousser son champion à la victoire. Depuis 6 mois, en effet, le joueur et la chanteuse filent le parfait amour. Avec une envie de discretion largement perturbée par le grand retour du champion en grand chelem, et la touchante photo d'un baiser à la sortie du court après la victoire contre Cilic en 1/8 de finale.
"Je suis vraiment fière pour lui", disait-elle simplement après le match. "Quand on voit tous les sacrifices qu'il fait au quotidien, il mérite vraiment ce qu'il lui arrive".Comme sur le court, où il est habitué des rencontres marathon, la quart de finaliste a mis du temps avant de conquérir le coeur de sa belle.
En juin 2007, il a invité sa future dulcinée à venir le voir jouer à Roland Garros. Mais c'est en ce début d'année que l'idylle commence.
Fin janvier, au grand dam du joueur, des photos volées à la sortie d'un restaurant à Paris sont publiées dans Voici.
"Elle apporte un plus dans sa vie", confie Bruno Clément.

2 great articles. If someone could translate....
Bruno talks about his relationships with his brother, about their grand parents who follow the matches at tv (ahh funny the grand father ! lol)
Nolwenn talks for the first time about arnaud.
As the newspaper said, her usual discretion has been disrupted by arnaud's come back in grand slam.

Guy Forget

Last edited by Marine : 07-02-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #178
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Brad Gilbert said "Arnie in three"!

Thanks for the articles, Marine.

Yes, quite exciting!!
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #179
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

There is also an interview of Arnaud in l'Equipe today and a lot of articles on the web

Maybe they should have schedule the second match on an other court because if the match beetween Lopez-Safin is in 5 sets, they will play in the dark lol (It's 1 set all at the moment)

Brad Gilbert is very optimistique. I've got more contrasted feelings about the match of the veterans.

Last edited by soulage : 07-02-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #180
country flag soulage

So it begins and by a love game for Schuettler.

For the first time of the tournament Arnaud was not the first to serve. Superticious ?

Many direct faults of Arnaud in this beginning and Schuettler seems to be in a good day, very regular and strong ! He defends very well and breaks Arnaud to lead 3-1.

4-1 for Schuettler and Arnaud doesn't play well. First set will probably go to Rainer

Awful beginning of set for Arnaud ( better at the end ): 6-3 for the German. Arnaud needs to improve his game otherwise it will be 3 sets and bye bye !

Last edited by soulage : 07-02-2008 at 06:49 PM.