Una semana con Feña : my report from Roland-Garros 2008 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-31-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Una semana con Feña : my report from Roland-Garros 2008

Hola

Today was my last day in Roland-Garros. I spent a great week there, from last saturday with the Benny Berthet Day and today with the terrific match of Fernando against Warinka. Many things to say and many pictures to post, so I decided to create a special thread

Despite of the rain at the beginning of the week, I had the opportunity to see Feña almost everyday. I can't complain and this Roland-Garros is one of the best for me so far especially because of Fernando but also because I saw many times, at the practrices, the player who made me discover tennis : Mats Wilander

I didn't have the chance to see him when I was younger so this week was also great and I'm glad that he's coaching the French player, Paul-Henri Mathieu, I hope that he'll continue

The first photos were taken during the Benny Berthet Day, first at the practrice, with a grey shirt, some of you will like it on him, personally, I prefer him with the normal shirt my friends joked a little bit because they found him very attractive with this grey shirt. We arrive at the end of his practrice unfortunately, he was on the Chatrier, and we didn't think he would be there, we also him a couple of minutes, I took some pics which are not good because I went too fast. Then, we went to the practrice of Marat Safin (with David Nalbandian), we saw Djokovic in the pathes and afterwards, Fernando played a match against Sergio Roitman, at the Benny Berthey Day on Court 1, we were very well situated so we enjoyed the match a lot. The match was unfinished because it rained at the end, the match was almost finished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05150 copie.jpg (59.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05156 copie.jpg (62.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05161 copie.jpg (58.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05162 copie.jpg (54.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05194 copie.jpg (61.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05204 copie.jpg (61.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05230 copie.jpg (60.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05237 copie.jpg (48.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05254 copie.jpg (51.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05256 copie.jpg (61.2 KB, 13 views)

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Una semana con Feña : my report from Roland-Garros 2008

Sunday - First round and only practrice for Fernando

Sunday start, we start the first round of Roland-Garros. Fernando doesn't play, he's going to practrice (one hour).

We started our day with Feliciano Lopez, Leyton Hewitt, Paul-Henri Mathieu and Mats Wilander, Gustavo Kuerten (the mother of one of my friends like him a lot, so we had to be at his last practrice), then, the end of Carlos Moya's practrice (he practriced at the same time as Guga ), and then Fernando

Unfortunately that day, Carlos lost in the first round, and we couldn't enter to Court 2 because it was too much crowded. I hope it wasn't his last Roland-Garros.

Here are the pics of the practrice and some pics of Carlos Burgos with a man who is also in the team, I don't know who he is), but he's always talking with Carlos and I took funny pics of them

Fernando at the beginning of the week was serious and didn't smile a lot, was it because of his private life or because he was focused ? I don't know hopefully, since two days, he's smiling again

The last pics are close up at the end of the practrice. I didn't take the pics, one of my friend took the pics with my camera cause I wanted to ask Fernando a picture, but unfortunately too much people as we were the first ones when he went out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05480 copie.jpg (63.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05486 copie.jpg (57.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05496 copie.jpg (56.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05505 copie.jpg (61.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05514 copie.jpg (74.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05538 copie.jpg (60.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05554 copie.jpg (57.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05566 copie.jpg (64.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05571 copie.jpg (56.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05542 copie.jpg (60.1 KB, 12 views)

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 05-31-2008, 09:26 PM   #3
country flag enqvistfan

Monday - First match (practrice and match)

Today, it's Fernando's first match against Pablo Cuevas. The players met last time in Viña del Mar this year.

Fernando is scheduled in the second match today, so good, just before the rain

First, we saw his practrice, at around 10.30 am and then, we went directly to the court to have a good seat. So, we watched a women single, it was a bit boring to tell you the truth, but what could we do to have a good seat ?

I was impressed by Fernando's first match, he played a good match, not much to say, for a first match it's great. It's never easy to play against a south american.

The first five pictures are the practrice and the last ones are the match

Tomorrow, will be uploaded pictures from the autograph session
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05587 copie.jpg (81.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05603 copie.jpg (55.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05614 copie.jpg (60.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05628 copie.jpg (72.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05641 copie.jpg (68.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05667 copie.jpg (74.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05680 copie.jpg (71.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05693 copie.jpg (68.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05699 copie.jpg (50.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05706 copie.jpg (74.2 KB, 10 views)

Para siempre Gonzo

Last edited by enqvistfan : 05-31-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:43 AM   #4
country flag hope11

hope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff, thanks for posting. I love hearing about stories from the tournaments. I hope he can continue playing well! Thanks!
hope11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:40 AM   #5
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...gracias EF!!! Great stories and pixs.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:04 AM   #6
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

lovely report and photos, EF!!! merci beaucoup!!! it's great to see that Fena is playing well again!!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:17 AM   #7
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

thank you Val

nice to see Enrique Aguayo in Paris too, the psychologist of Feña who's talking with Carlitos Burgos in one of the pics, he was in the court today too

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:40 AM   #8
country flag FFGC

FFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!!! Valerie, many thanks for the story, was very interesting. Photos - there are no words, charm! You a miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by enqvistfan View Post
Tomorrow, will be uploaded pictures from the autograph session
Super!

Marat Safin
FFGC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #9
country flag enqvistfan

To Chinorios : thank you for the information. Enrique is always at the practrices and at the matches. He's always with him. He seems to have a good relationship with Carlos Burgos because they are always talking during Feña's practrices and matches (sometimes). I laughed a lot watching them

Tuesday : autograph session

Sad day today regarding the weather, it rained a lot
To be honest, I didn't expect a nice day but each morning, we go to the Adidas stand to look at the autograph session. Not only the players with Adidas have sessions, only the ones who want.

So, tuesday was our lucky day, I was with Birte (Sommarsverige on MTF), she wanted to see Tommy Robredo. We had in a row Tommy Robredo and Fernando As it was raining outside, we had no chance to see any practrices. I think the players practrice outside the stadium or somewhere else in the stadium not available for us. So, we decided to go to the stand (who was indoor) at 12.00 just to be sure to be able to take pictures. Tommy was around 14.00 - 14.30 and Gonzo was at 16.30. Players sign between 5 or 15 minutes, but some french players sign almost 20-25 minutes. Before Tommy and Gonzo, there was some french players and a player from Hungaria.

Well, we finally have Tommy and then, Fernando

I was wondering if I'll make him sign something, because I wanted to talk to him or try to have a picture with him (second try lol). I also wanted to try to speak to him after his session but they were surrounded by two bodyguards and it wasn't easy unfortunately So, I had to make him sign something, I chose my Chilean cap from Viña del Mar

At the autograph session, I thought that the players were not so smily. Tommy and Fernando are maybe (with Verdasco) ones of the nicest players on tour, and regarding Tommy and Fernando (especially Fernando), I didn't see great smiles, maybe Fernando was thinking about something else. And, sometimes, it can be boring to sign things to people whom don't know you but hopefully, I arrived It's the first time that I attend to an autograph session. So, I decided to not wait the end of the autograph session to talk to him and to go and make him sign my cap.

The guys who animated the session said that we could say some words to the players but to Tommy or Fernando, we had to be fast and finally, they didn't allow us to take pics except the first persons

Well, I decided to queue and finally it was my turn.

Me : "Hola Fernando"
Fernando : "Hola"
I give him my cap (it's more difficult to make him sign a cap than a picture, so more time to talk lol)

Me : "Congratulations for your victory in the first round, it was a great match"
Fernando : "Thank you very much"

Me : "I've been to Chile last january"
Fernando : "Really" with a great smile

I gave him some beautiful pics I took from Torres del Paine and the Atacama desert
He was very happy, at least, a natural smile

Well, at that moment, the bodyguards told me "hey, it's time to go"

It was frustrating...

Me : "Fernando, good luck for the next match"
Fernando : "Thank you, bye"

So, a couple of minutes later, they stopped because Fernando had an interview with Eurosport (the famous Quizz with Barbara Schett)

Fernando opened the envelopped before being interviewed and looked at us and then, put them back during the interview.

He did the interview that you can see on the Fernando's videos (thanks FFGC) and when he left surrounded by the bodyguards, he opened again the enveloppe to look at again the pictures, very interested apparently. Even the bodyguard told him to advance So, I hope he has been a little bit touched.

The 5th picture is with me (you see my back sorry)

After, I watched Marat Safin's match.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05744 copie.jpg (91.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05748 copie.jpg (61.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05751 copie.jpg (64.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05759 copie.jpg (62.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05764 copie.jpg (57.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05769 copie.jpg (59.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05770 copie.jpg (56.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05784 copie.jpg (54.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05787 copie.jpg (58.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05789 copie.jpg (58.5 KB, 17 views)

Para siempre Gonzo

Last edited by enqvistfan : 06-01-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
country flag FFGC

FFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond repute

Enqvistfan, it so is lovely! Thanks huge! I am very glad for you!
Fernando looks happy on a photo. He is fine!

Marat Safin
Old 06-01-2008, 11:44 AM   #11
country flag enqvistfan

Wednesday - Quiet day

Thursday - Warm up with Fernando Verdasco and match vs Anpujar

Thursday morning, warm up with Fernando Verdasco on court 18, not accessible to the audience, we had to go on the court next to the 18 to see the players. It 's good when there's no match.

Nice warm up

Then, the match against the spaniard Anpujar. I didn't know that player before. Strange match even if Fernando started well the match, but lost the third set. The match has been interrupted by the rain, so I stayed on the court with my umbrella Second time in my life for a match with Fernando (first match was against Djokovic). Hopefully, it didn't rain a lot. When they played again, Fernando shouted at each point "VAMOS". I think there was a problem between both players because at the end of the match, Fernando had a small chat with him while they shook their hands. Some people didn't appreciated that Fernando shouted "vamos" at EACH point at the end of the match.

Also,a pic with the supporters, the little girl is cute
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05949 copie.jpg (65.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05952 copie.jpg (64.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05974 copie.jpg (54.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05975 copie.jpg (59.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05976 copie.jpg (62.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05988 copie.jpg (81.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05991 copie.jpg (76.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05992 copie.jpg (69.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05997 copie.jpg (85.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06023 copie.jpg (82.5 KB, 18 views)

Para siempre Gonzo

Last edited by enqvistfan : 06-01-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #12
country flag enqvistfan

Friday : practrice with Ancic (the last 30 mins) and alone the first 30 minutes

I started my day with the practrices of Hewitt, PHM and Mats Wilander , Guga Kuerten. I also saw Gilles Simon, Alex Corretja with Andy Murray, Novak Djokovic, Tommy Robredo, then went to the autograph session of David Ferrer and then saw Fernando's practrice , it was in the afternoon.

At the same time, Paul Capdeville was playing his double match, there was a very good atmosphere. Fernando wanted to follow a little bit, so at the beginning, he climbed on a chair to watch, he looked Stefanki smiling Then, Carlos Burgos and Enrique climbed also on the chairs to follow the match. I think they watched all the end of the match like that This practrice was very relaxing, Fernando laughed a lot and Carlos joked with him a lot, even Larry was smiling a lot. Well, a very good practrice session to take photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06265 copie.jpg (73.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06266 copie.jpg (74.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06267 copie.jpg (82.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06269 copie.jpg (78.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06274 copie.jpg (76.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06276 copie.jpg (66.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06296 copie.jpg (63.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06298 copie.jpg (56.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06329 copie.jpg (63.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06325 copie.jpg (64.5 KB, 14 views)

Para siempre Gonzo

Last edited by enqvistfan : 06-01-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:39 PM   #13
country flag enqvistfan

Saturday : warm up with David Ferrer and match against Wawrinka

Saturday, my last day at the tournament I have to queue because I only bought tickets until friday. So, I get up in 5 am and at 5.45 leave to go to the stadium. I have to wait a little bit the tram and the bus and I arrive at 6.45 am at the stadium I'm not the first one, I'm in the 12 first persons so I think it will be ok to have a ticket especially for a ground court, I don't need a main court. 15 minutes later, arrive 4 young men, drank, who were coming back from the disco and who decided to come spontaneously at Roland-Garros. So, everybody and especially me who was next to them, have to bear them during 3 hours
They open the doors at 10 am and I can buy my ticket, GREAT and go checking the courts for the different warms up. I knew that Fernando will warm up around 10.30 but I checked a little bit before in case. Then, before 10.30 am, I saw Larry Stefanki coming from outside so It's confirmed, at 10.30 am. Fernando practrices with David Ferrer, in a good atmosphere, they both smiled a lot. On this court, also Radek Stepanek is there with another player. Radek came one moment to check his text messages on his phone.
They warmed up 30 minutes. Then, I went directly to the court number 2 to have a good seat. The court was already crowded, there was a women double, hopefully fast. I think during that week, I saw a lot of women matches Finally, I didn't get the best seat i expected, but finally this seat was great to take pictures, especially in action. Fernando wasn't himself in the first two sets and at the beginning of the third. Well, I was worried to see him lose in three sets. There were some problems with the umpire, don't really know if Fernando was wrong or right, but sometimes, he was right. At one moment, so frustrating, he broke his racquet, on French tv, they only showed that moment from the match Then, he focused again on his game, Wawrinka called the physio, and Fernando came back. Fernando proved that he was a real fighter, a warrior. It's so great to watch him playing LIVE, a lot of emotions. That's why I like him, he showing his emotions and he's fighting until the end of the match. A great heart !! I was proud of him at the end of the match. The court 2 was full, with some support of the chilean fans, hopefully, I decided to get up this morning, I don't regret

This is the end of my report, I hope you enjoyed the photos. I wanted to share them with you all

I spent a great week "with" Fernando and I wish him a good continuation, and I'm sure he'll beat Ginepri, I want to see a head to head against Roger !! VAMOS CAMPEON
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06375 copie.jpg (57.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06386 copie.jpg (54.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06450 copie.jpg (59.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06453 copie.jpg (46.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06470 copie.jpg (60.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06653 copie.jpg (75.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06654 copie.jpg (59.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06673 copie.jpg (65.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06674 copie.jpg (67.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06693 copie.jpg (78.3 KB, 15 views)

Para siempre Gonzo

Last edited by enqvistfan : 06-01-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #14
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Great report and pics Val, glad you had a great time there

I'm one of the girls who loves Feña with the style of the grey shirt but he looks better with the white one

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #15
country flag FFGC

It is a fantasy! Thank you so mutch!

Marat Safin