Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon) - Page 112 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #1666
country flag Kworb

Kworb has a reputation beyond reputeKworb has a reputation beyond reputeKworb has a reputation beyond reputeKworb has a reputation beyond reputeKworb has a reputation beyond reputeKworb has a reputation beyond reputeKworb has a reputation beyond reputeKworb has a reputation beyond reputeKworb has a reputation beyond reputeKworb has a reputation beyond reputeKworb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Sharapova bigger than Andy Murray and Djokovic

The problem is Tutu the delusional eejit assumes AMERICAN TV RATINGS are a gauge of what the WORLD thinks. Well wake up, the Williams sisters are big in the US because they're AMERICAN, and they represent the black community as well which makes up a large part of the United States.

In the rest of the world, Murray and Djokovic usurp Sharapova/Serena and it's not close.
China is also a huge part of the world where tennis is growing in popularity, and women's tennis is a thousand times more popular there than men's tennis. The massive revenue that the Slams will gain from China will be due to female tennis players.
Kworb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #1667
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Sharapova bigger than Andy Murray and Djokovic
I don't even like Shitpova, but to suggest Mugray is bigger than her as far as draw power goes...?

Don't let your nationalism blind you, mate, Shreika is way more popular than Mandy ever will be - a blonde bombshell winning slams, it's a sponsor's wet dream.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #1668
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

What I have difficulty in understanding is when people talk about the WTA prize money not being away from the ATP.

Consider this: A Grand Slam tournament allocates X amount of money to be given out as prize money. The men get 0,5X and the women also get 0,5X. What people seem to be suggesting is that if prize money weren't equal, the sums would be like 0,5X and 0,3X. However, I don't see a reason for the tournament to distribute less amount of money in total, so the reality would be something like 0,6X for the guys and 0,4X for the women for example. In this case, WTA prize money is taking away the ATP prize money.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #1669
country flag dangalak
Banned!

dangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworb View Post
China is also a huge part of the world where tennis is growing in popularity, and women's tennis is a thousand times more popular there than men's tennis. The massive revenue that the Slams will gain from China will be due to female tennis players.
Lol TF tard.

Let me put it this way: there is no way WTA would make as much money as ATP would if all events were seperated only.

And if they would, good for them, then.
dangalak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #1670
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
I don't even like Shitpova, but to suggest Mugray is bigger than her as far as draw power goes...?

Don't let your nationalism blind you, mate, Shreika is way more popular than Mandy ever will be - a blonde bombshell winning slams, it's a sponsor's wet dream.
Worldwide? ATP is bigger than WTA and Murray's part of a 'cash cow' big 4 (even though he doesn't deserve to be part of an actual Big Four obv) so besides the USA where she's an adopted Yank and her homeland of Russia, I don't see where else anyone would pick Sharapova over any top 4 ATP. Not in Europe, or Asia.

China's only arsed about Li Na.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #1671
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Worldwide? ATP is bigger than WTA and Murray's part of a 'cash cow' big 4 (even though he doesn't deserve to be part of an actual Big Four obv) so besides the USA where she's an adopted Yank and her homeland of Russia, I don't see where else anyone would pick Sharapova over any top 4 ATP. Not in Europe, or Asia.

Obviously sponsors don't agree given Sharapova's endorsement money. 2nd only to Fed.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #1672
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahampros View Post
Obviously sponsors don't agree given Sharapova's endorsement money. 2nd only to Fed.
Of which most are American.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #1673
country flag dangalak
Banned!

dangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond reputedangalak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good thing we are talking about draw power and not endorsement money.

She most definitely not the second most watchable player period. That is kinda what people mean by draw. That endorement money is for general recongnizabbility I'd say.
dangalak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:22 AM   #1674
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of which most are American.
You will have to check your facts on that one. Appears she has 7 major sponsors, and 4 of the 7 are European, not American.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:26 AM   #1675
Banned!

Quote:
You will have to check your facts on that one. Appears she has 7 major sponsors, and 4 of the 7 are European, not American.
http://www.mariasharapova.com/sponsors.aspx

Nike- American.
Cole Haan- American.
Head- American.
Tiffany Jewellery- American.

2 European and 1 Asian.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #1676
country flag grahampros

Quote:
http://www.mariasharapova.com/sponsors.aspx

Nike- American.
Cole Haan- American.
Head- American.
Tiffany Jewellery- American.

2 European and 1 Asian.
Head.. European.. check their website. So it's down to 3 American.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #1677
Banned!

Quote:
Head.. European.. check their website. So it's down to 3 American.
Where was it found?

Baltimore, Maryland.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #1678
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes, ATP is certainly bigger than WTA, but Murray is nowhere near the level of Sharapova on his respective tour as far popularity goes, while Sharapova is WTA's "golden girl" (with several slams, as pathetic as that may be). You may disagree, but I think she draws bigger crowds than Murray (unless he plays against the big 3, obviously).
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:36 AM   #1679
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where was it found?

Baltimore, Maryland.
Quote:
Founded as a ski company in Baltimore, Maryland, the company is currently headquartered in Kennelbach, Austria and Amsterdam, the Netherlands. It is listed on the Vienna Stock Exchange and the Pink Sheets.
HQ is in Europe now.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:42 AM   #1680
country flag Redeyz

Redeyz has a reputation beyond reputeRedeyz has a reputation beyond reputeRedeyz has a reputation beyond reputeRedeyz has a reputation beyond reputeRedeyz has a reputation beyond reputeRedeyz has a reputation beyond reputeRedeyz has a reputation beyond reputeRedeyz has a reputation beyond reputeRedeyz has a reputation beyond reputeRedeyz has a reputation beyond reputeRedeyz has a reputation beyond repute

Of the total revenue of the US Open this year or a previous year, what is the percentage from ticket sales versus corporate sponsors? The vast majority of the money and I would say 75% comes from those sponsors. The ticket prices are fixed based on day/night and stadium site selection. There is no variation in prices for men or women. So there is no way for anyone to say who is generating what. There is no way to say the WTA is taking anything away from the ATP at the US Open; especially, since the majority of money comes from corporate donors.

Frankly you guys and the smarmy misogynists amongst you should be happy the women around. Per capita they are generating a lot more revenue for their best of three sets. Their shorter matches allow for the long matches some of you love.

P.S. Murray does not compare to Sharapova or Serena in drawing power apart from his home country.
P.S.S. I cannot understand why you Tipsarevic wannabes are so pressed about the WTA. You can enjoy one tour, without having to denigrate the other. There are worthy and non so worthy players to watch on both tours.
Redeyz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote