Roland Garros 2008 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #31
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roland Garros 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
They lost 5-7 / 4-6

I followed it on scoreboard.

In the first set until 5-5 none break ball and if I don't make a mistake at that time it's was Arnaud on serve : they were leading 40-00 but they lost this game on the only break ball of this first set.

In the second set, they were leading 2-0, Cuevas-Horna came back to 2-2.

At 4-4, Micka lost his serve (I think it was him on serve)

So RG it's finish for Arnaud. I don't know what will happen with the qualification for Olympics Games now? They haven't win a match in doubles since Davis Cup!

Good luck for Micka in single anyway

I hope Arnaud will play Surbiton
Thanks. I feel like I want to start following a different sport...
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2008, 09:42 PM   #32
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Micka is in 1/8 in single, I'm sure they didn't play as usually. He wants to stay focused on his next match.
I just hope it won't change their olympic chances !

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:41 AM   #33
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

It does jeopardize their chances, but if Mika qualifies in singles, he will also qualify for the doubles and can say he wants to play with Arnaud then.
And Arnaud means they should get a WC if they need it anyway.

CLÉMENT OPTIMISTE. – Éliminé au premier tour du double avec Michaël Llodra, Arnaud Clément reste pourtant optimiste sur ses chances de disputer les Jeux Olympiques.« Ce match, je l’ai perdu tout seul, disait-il hier soir. Mais, normalement, ça devrait quand même être bon pour les Jeux. Des wild cards seront attribuées et je pense qu’on en aura une. On estquandmême12e et 13e auclassement! Je nous donne 95% de chances d’obtenir cette invitation. Mais, bon, s’il s’agit d’aller aux Jeux pour jouer comme aujourd’hui (hier), ça n’a aucun intérêt… »
He means they lost the match because of him only, but he thinks they still have a good chance to get a WC for Beijing since they’re ranked #12 and #13 (they have 95% chances to get it in his opinion). Now, if they go there to play the way he did yesterday, they can also just forget about it...
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:18 AM   #34
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Because of Tsonga's injury and if Benneteau doesn't go in 1/4, Micka will go in Beijing. Anyway he could play double with Gasquet or Simon

To expect a wild-card They are 12# and 13# but maybe far next week and actually that's sure they're no more the great team they were. And it's depend only of Arnaud's confidence which has disappear. How long ?

And I think Arnaud he's the more optimistic guy on earth He looses all his matches in single and thinks things gonna be better soon and in doubles he hopes to win a medal.... He's great
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:39 AM   #35
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the translations!

I love it that Arno is that optimistic, negative thinking doesn't get you anywhere.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:56 PM   #36
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And I think Arnaud he's the more optimistic guy on earth He looses all his matches in single and thinks things gonna be better soon and in doubles he hopes to win a medal.... He's great
Yes, but the conditions will be very different. Not on clay, not in single, and the OG represent a big challenger for him, he's very motived. He plays better with "france" written on his shirt.
I saw him against Gael, I saw him in double against the Bryans in DC, it was not the same player... so I want to hope it can be different in 2 months.

(and I'm not the most positive girl here... lol)

Guy Forget
Old 06-01-2008, 01:52 AM   #37
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

guess for arnaud right now, it's more important to defend his grass season points

he has to play himself into a better form

i don't think mika is allowed to choose his doubles partner as a qualified singles player, he can only do that if he's a qualified doubles player.

but to think that he's closed to qualifying in singles... it is a great reward for someone who has played so well this year and in this form and with this confidence, he should do even better on grass...
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #38
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

can i just add, as a footnote to this (awful) tournament, that arnaud's singles conqueror has reached the quarters, and his doubles conquerors have got to the semis. and of course, may go even further. if it's any comfort... it was a tougher draw than it seemed.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #39
country flag Marine

It's always good to remember.

Guy Forget
Old 06-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #40
country flag Via

that doubles team is in the finals!

(another bow from you please, marine )
Old 06-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #41
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
that doubles team is in the finals!
And they won it
Old 06-08-2008, 02:32 AM   #42
country flag Via

Quote:
And they won it
and won the final easier than winning their first round against clement/llodra.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:14 PM   #43
country flag soulage

In the Tennis Magazine of this month, they asked to the Ballkids, who were the players the most pleasant,unplesant, strange... during RG.

And in men tennis players, Arnaud won for the unplesant category with 25%

I think it's better not to know what was his words this year

Llodra, Benneteau are also quoted in this category
Old 06-11-2008, 08:33 PM   #44
country flag Marine

I read it...no surprise ! lol
I don't know why the journalist doesn't comment the result of this catagery. Any journalist (tv, newspapers) never commented or critized his bad behaviour, it's weird.

Guy Forget
Old 06-11-2008, 11:53 PM   #45
country flag Via

Quote:
In the Tennis Magazine of this month, they asked to the Ballkids, who were the players the most pleasant,unplesant, strange... during RG.

And in men tennis players, Arnaud won for the unplesant category with 25%

I think it's better not to know what was his words this year

Llodra, Benneteau are also quoted in this category
so who were the most pleasant? not a frenchie, i suppose