Frenchman v. German Veteran - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the long-lasting, unpredictable match of SCHUETTLER v. CLEMENT???

ARNAUD CLEMENT 1 100.00%
RAINER SCHUETTLER 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
country flag sjyoo96

sjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Frenchman v. German Veteran

It has been a tiring day, or should I say days, with the Frenchman and the German Veteran on Court 1 of The Championships, Wimbledon 2008. After Day 9's game of two sets being suspended, in Day 10, the Frenchman and the German Veteran tries to finish the game and send a player up to the semi's to face Rafa. But again failure, now 6:00 PM in the All England Lawn Tennis Club...
The score now SCHUETTLER v. CLEMENT is...
6-3 5-7 7-6 7-6 6-6... They are tied up quite nicely, and into their fifth set...

Who will be the winner in this epic match? I am personally leaning towards Clement, watching the last three sets, as he plays it out quite nicely towards the German Veteran... But now Rafa has the advantage of "resting" while these players, the Frenchman and the German Veteran, play out the unpredictable match.
sjyoo96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2008, 05:37 PM   #2
country flag Bobble

Bobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frenchman v. German Veteran

6-8 in the fifth, poor arnaud, can't believe that slipped away. Blame the rain. I doubt anyone in the known universe would rather see Scheuttler in that semi over him. Hope he takes all the positives away from this tournament and it translates to success on hard courts and the olympics.

what a downer

Muzza

Fogna

Dolgopolov, Petzschner, Kamke, Malisse, Haase, Andujar, Riba
Bobble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
country flag sjyoo96

sjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond reputesjyoo96 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! I never expected this downer, like Bobble said... I was definitely leaning towards Arnaud Clement... He was playing very good, as a 145th ranked player! He would have rose to around 50th if he beat Schuettler... Well... As it goes... He'll definitely be defeated by Rafa, whom I am also a big fan of... (over Federer whom my tennis coach calls "KING")
sjyoo96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:10 AM   #4
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

so that was the score at the last rain delay? what a downer indeed, for arnaud to lose two games and the match when it resumed.

it's not all that fair, but then the match had to be decided one way or another... under the fairest of conditions, these two could play for another 3 days

though i don't think it matters at all that rafa gets more rest... he doesn't need that as an extra advantage!!!

ps. sjyoo96 you posted for the first time on mtf so as to run this poll?
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote