Nadal attains Borgian Status on clay. Winner of 4 consecutive RGs!!! - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-24-2008, 06:59 PM   #91
country flag Eden
Congrats guys

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RG: Attempt to attain BORGian status on clay- The first obstacle- "Difficult Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
BTW, they are going crazy at RF's forum. Wishing Rafa to play 5-hour epic with Nalby and 7- hour epic with Djoko...
Ever thought that it was just a little joke?

It still has to be seen if Nalbandian and Djokovic make it that far in the tournament and even if they do so I will be really surprised if they can challenge Rafa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
If I were a Fedtard I would feel the same way. It is a bit funny though; it shows that they don't believe Federer is good enough to win this title unless Nadal is beaten by someone else or plays below par because of exhaustion. But at least their daily prayers for a cakewalk draw have been answered.
Rafa fans whining about cakewalk draws - tss, tss Just a little reminder of the Australian Open draw, Metis?

We have seen that Roger has the game to trouble Rafa and even outplay him on clay, but unfortunately he isn't able to keep up this level for a whole match. It surely doesn't help Roger's selfconfidence that Rafa beats him in 99% of their matches on clay, but at least he doesn't give up and tries out something new. To beat Rafa on clay in a best of 5 match is Roger's main challenge, just like Rafa's biggest aim is to win against Roger in Wimbledon.

It might be their destiny to have the other one around at the same time during their career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven gypsy View Post
On the practice courts.
Players (as usual) less nervous than their fans

By woa

By woa
Great pictures
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #92
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RG: Attempt to attain BORGian status on clay- The first obstacle- "Difficult Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Rafa fans whining about cakewalk draws - tss, tss Just a little reminder of the Australian Open draw, Metis?

We have seen that Roger has the game to trouble Rafa and even outplay him on clay, but unfortunately he isn't able to keep up this level for a whole match. It surely doesn't help Roger's selfconfidence that Rafa beats him in 99% of their matches on clay, but at least he doesn't give up and tries out something new. To beat Rafa on clay in a best of 5 match is Roger's main challenge, just like Rafa's biggest aim is to win against Roger in Wimbledon.

It might be their destiny to have the other one around at the same time during their career.
Doris I don't think I was whining. I even defended Fedtards by saying I would feel the same way if I were one myself

- Fedtards were happy to see Nadal involved in a long and arduous SF in Hamburg: FACT
- Fedtards have been praying for a cakewalk draw for Roger: FACT
- Fedtards have been praying for Nalby and Djoko to be on Rafa's half: FACT

What does that tell us about Fedtards' insecurity in Roger's chances to win RG by beating Rafa?

Of course all that has nothing to do with how Federer himself feels about the whole thing, but I'm sure his main concern is to win the elusive RG title; I doubt he will be too sorry to see Nadal bomb out before the final. Not that there's anything wrong with feeling that way.

Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #93
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Ever thought that it was just a little joke?
It was everything but joke

Anyway, good luck to Nalbandian, Djokovic and Federer
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:31 PM   #94
country flag Eden
Congrats guys

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RG: Attempt to attain BORGian status on clay- The first obstacle- "Bellucci":scar

Quote:
Doris I don't think I was whining. I even defended Fedtards by saying I would feel the same way if I were one myself

- Fedtards were happy to see Nadal involved in a long and arduous SF in Hamburg: FACT
- Fedtards have been praying for a cakewalk draw for Roger: FACT
- Fedtards have been praying for Nalby and Djoko to be on Rafa's half: FACT

What does that tell us about Fedtards' insecurity in Roger's chances to win RG by beating Rafa?
We only wanted to see Rafa really fighting for his No. 2 ranking against NTG And in the end we all kept our fingers crossed for Roger's love - and you see what we got in the end

I don't think that any Roger fan really believes that Novak will be able to beat Rafa when they meet in a best of 5 match

Quote:
:
Of course all that has nothing to do with how Federer himself feels about the whole thing, but I'm sure his main concern is to win the elusive RG title; I doubt he will be too sorry to see Nadal bomb out before the final. Not that there's anything wrong with feeling that way.
I second this

Quote:
Come on, some of you Rafa fans aren't always really friendly towards Roger as well So why all those moaning about what Roger fans write?
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #95
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Anyway, good luck to Nalbandian, Djokovic and Federer
Except for the matches they play Nadal.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:15 AM   #96
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennischeto View Post
Except for the matches they play Nadal.
That is by default...
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Old 05-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #97
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RG: Attempt to attain BORGian status on clay- The first obstacle- "Bellucci":scar

little bit late but put me down for a Win
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #98
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa playes tomorrow, 3rd match on CHATRIER court, matches start 11am CET.

Vamos.

OOP

CHATRIER 11:00
1. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Tommy Robredo (ESP)[12] v. Guillermo Coria (ARG)
2. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Venus Williams (USA)[8] v. Tzipora Obziler (ISR)
3. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Thomaz Bellucci (BRA) v. Rafael Nadal (ESP)[2]
4. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)[22] v. Olga Savchuk (UKR)
Old 05-25-2008, 06:37 PM   #99
country flag Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennischeto View Post
Rafa playes tomorrow, 3rd match on CHATRIER court, matches start 11am CET.

Vamos.

OOP

CHATRIER 11:00
1. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Tommy Robredo (ESP)[12] v. Guillermo Coria (ARG)
2. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Venus Williams (USA)[8] v. Tzipora Obziler (ISR)
3. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Thomaz Bellucci (BRA) v. Rafael Nadal (ESP)[2]
4. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)[22] v. Olga Savchuk (UKR)
CORIA!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Old 05-25-2008, 06:56 PM   #100
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Reminder: Rafa's 1st round match is tomorrow. You can make/change your predictions until then.

Quote:

How far will Rafa go in Roland Garros? (200 points at stake)

1st –
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
QF - acionescu, l_mac, Metis
SF - yana
F - tennizen, wildegirl05
W- Blaze-2004, cmurray, elessar, Foxy, Getta, GuiroNl, hra87, Luvyoyoma1954, MariaV, M.C., NaDALiTa, nashty, rafa_maniac, raven_gypsy, scarecrows, spriwi, tangerine dream, tennischeto, Tess Gray, TMJordan, Tnn74, Xoman

Last edited by Metis : 05-26-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:32 AM   #101
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

I almost forgot to get my pick in. Win for me, Metis. Rafa has a tough draw but I think he will get through it.

I love those photos of Rafa and Roger laughing in practice. Roger looks strangely submissive with his head down like that, almost like he's afraid to look Rafa in the eye.

*edit*

Photo to add to Linda's ass collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rafa008010.jpg (30.5 KB, 3 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 05-26-2008 at 08:01 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:26 AM   #102
Sizzling Safin

Quote:

By woa
FEDERER: I'm sorry Sir Rafa, I won't be a naughty boy again, Sir Rafa.

Quote:

By woa
RAFA: Go to your room, and don't come out until you've learned how to behave.

Federer drops his head in shame and skulks to his room. He knows never to be naughty again.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:30 PM   #103
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quarter Final
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:19 PM   #104
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

ES just announced the officials at RG called off the day. Rafa will play tomorrow. Hopefully we have a nice sunny day in Paris.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #105
country flag Foxy

Wimby story all over again... Unbelievable. Rafa's half plays first basically but Ego King already played his first round and Rafa not.
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!