Have a ride on the Reeperbahn.... Willy in Hamburg - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Have a ride on the Reeperbahn.... Willy in Hamburg

YOUZHNY Mikhail [RUS] (10) vs VERDASCO Fernando [ESP]
CANAS Guillermo [ARG] vs LLODRA Michael [FRA]
LOPEZ Feliciano [ESP] vs ALMAGRO Nicolas [ESP]
FERRER David [ESP] (5) vs BYE

Tough draw again for Willy
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
country flag Aquarianbabe

Aquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have a ride on the Reeperbahn.... Willy in Hamburg

You beat me Martine 2 was just coming to post the draw.

I think if Willy gets to play Roger again he will play him differently. Hope so. Maybe he needs to watch how Radek played him by being aggressive. Was it you who suggested that is what he needed to do.

Bad luck to Gonzo who had to pull out due to injury.

Aquariangirl
Aquarianbabe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
country flag wedda

wedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond repute

yeah a tough draw again but what's new I can't remember the last time he had a draw that you could call "good", But playing wisely I could see him in the third round at least so all we could say is good luck and continue cheering
Old 05-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck against Llodra today!!! I'm home so I'll be watching and cheering
Old 05-12-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
country flag martine2
yawn

Nobody here to cheer with me????
Old 05-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
country flag martine2
yawn

He lost 6-7 2-6 to Llodra

Llodra wasn't playing exceptionally but he was serving quite well and things just didn't work out for Willy

Well, it's difficult for him to find his form again after the comeback, but at least he is ok physically.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
country flag wedda

wedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see the match I only watched the score board but as you said he doesn't seem to find his form. As a consolation again no points lost although I was hoping for gaining a few points before roland garros because he has so many points to defend there.

And I will stop being optimistic in my prediction, It seems to give him bad luck
Old 05-13-2008, 01:23 AM   #8

Aquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond repute

Wedda oh no don't stop being optimistic it's better than being negative. What was his body language like Martine. Man not a good way to start my day was hoping that Willy would at least get to the third round. Was he serving ok? Was he missing easy shots? Sorry for so many questions.

Aquariangirl
Old 05-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #9
country flag martine2
yawn

Well, he served a few aces but the 1st serve % could have been better. He should get more of the 1st serves in...

He looked ok to me. Fighting as always, but of course some frustration in the 2nd set.

He has a lot of points to defend in RG indeed, but best would be not to think too much about that, go for it and take it the way it comes. Too much pressure is never good.
Most important now is that he stays healthy and finds his rhythm again.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #10
country flag wedda

as I said I was watching the score board but the statistics (for the first set of course) were actually good (making more aces than Llodra is actually something) and the set ended with a very tight tie break so evidently that was not bad. the problem was in the second set obviously the loss of the first set affected him because he was 4-0 down before he started winning on his serve.

Any way that is behind us now so lets hope for the best in the remainder of the season and try to be optimistic
Old 05-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #11

Thanks for that guys. Wonder how him and Chela are going to go in Duseldorf, wish he was playing with Pico or Chucho just for the perve factor.

Aquariangirl
Old 05-17-2008, 11:37 PM   #12
country flag the_natural

the_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond repute

I think he lost to federer cos hes well outta form, he seems to have really really lost his confidence, I felt this way after the weird straight sets loss to that Pretender robredo. I wonder if the grind of the tour has finally caught up to him cos really hes better than this
the_natural is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:47 PM   #13
country flag the_natural

the_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeh and he lost to llodra on clay which just .... well that says it all, regardless of the fact that hamburg barely qualifies for a clay court other than the fact that its ridculously slow... what clay court encourages flat hitting by not taking spin??
the_natural is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #14
country flag martine2
yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_natural View Post
I think he lost to federer cos hes well outta form, he seems to have really really lost his confidence, I felt this way after the weird straight sets loss to that Pretender robredo. I wonder if the grind of the tour has finally caught up to him cos really hes better than this
This isn't that big a surprise. Even for an in form Willy, Robredo is a bad match up. Robredo's game isn't really impressive but it is pretty effective. He keeps going and getting every ball and this doesn't suit Willy's game.