is Duckboy the third William sister? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-05-2004, 10:13 AM   #1
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute
Red face is Duckboy the third William sister?

he seems to think that the solution to every challenge on court is always to generate more power and to hit even harder.

i am surprised that Brad the trickster has not taught him that this is not always the way to go.

makes me wonder is Brad an effective coach or simply an excellent scout?

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)
tennischick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2004, 10:42 AM   #2
country flag sem4

sem4 has a reputation beyond reputesem4 has a reputation beyond reputesem4 has a reputation beyond reputesem4 has a reputation beyond reputesem4 has a reputation beyond reputesem4 has a reputation beyond reputesem4 has a reputation beyond reputesem4 has a reputation beyond reputesem4 has a reputation beyond reputesem4 has a reputation beyond reputesem4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is Duckboy the third William sister?

Well I can see Federer having a few more victories over him at Wimbledon if Roddick continues just with all out power, he's definetely improved his backhand but needs to work on a lot more variety of shot and what federer does so well is mix up the pace of shot which would be of great advantage for Andy Roddick if he could introduce this into his game.
sem4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 07:45 PM   #3
country flag the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond repute

TC, I think Brad Gilbert is both an excellent coach and an excellent scout. Roddick was playing well against Federer until the last rain delay and that hurt him. Federer has more talent than Roddick does and is a better grass court player than Roddick is. But Andy had Roger in trouble but didn't get the job done in their Wimbledon final.

And TC, LOL @ your third Williams sister quip. But the third Williams sister is said to be Maria Sharapova.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:56 PM   #4
country flag Skyward

Skyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
Roddick was playing well against Federer until the last rain delay and that hurt him.
I find it a bit ironic. Before the match I was pretty sure that rain delays were going to be in Andy's favor because of the coaching situation. I thought that Gilbert would fill him in with tactics and positive outlook.
Skyward is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:10 PM   #5
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

The rain delays would have helped Andy more had he been in the losing position, but on both accounts, he was winning so what can Brad tell him the rain delays helped Roger relax more and he started to do things out there. And why did a whole bunch of posts get taken out of this thread I only see 4 posts but this thread had at least 30 or them beforehand

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:20 PM   #6
country flag CarnivalCarnage
Disqualified For
Racquet Abuse

CarnivalCarnage has a spectacular aura aboutCarnivalCarnage has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldo
The rain delays would have helped Andy more had he been in the losing position, but on both accounts, he was winning so what can Brad tell him the rain delays helped Roger relax more and he started to do things out there. And why did a whole bunch of posts get taken out of this thread I only see 4 posts but this thread had at least 30 or them beforehand
UGH. Because TennisChick created two of the same thread but didn't have the courtesy to delete this one.
CarnivalCarnage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:22 PM   #7
country flag Skyward

Skyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he was winning, but I looked at the statistics at that time and was very surprised to see- 87-89 points won in Andy's favor. Besides, second set was very weird by Andy's standards( lost serve 3 times).
Skyward is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:22 PM   #8
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, thanks CC I didn't even notice. TC needed her Duckboy fix, she needed a double dose

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:37 PM   #9
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalCarnage
UGH. Because TennisChick created two of the same thread but didn't have the courtesy to delete this one.
i didn't actually. there was some glitch as i posted the thread and the next thing i saw were two threads. i tried deleting this one but that is not an option on this board. check for yourself.

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)

Last edited by tennischick : 07-06-2004 at 09:57 PM.
tennischick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:21 AM   #10
country flag CarnivalCarnage
Disqualified For
Racquet Abuse

CarnivalCarnage has a spectacular aura aboutCarnivalCarnage has a spectacular aura about

Weeell, I seem to be able to delete my posts. Is it different for threads?
CarnivalCarnage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote