What a difference a year makes - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-04-2004, 10:14 PM   #1
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute
Default What a difference a year makes

I was just watching a tape of last year's semifinal between Federer and Roddick and I was amazed to see how different they both were- and this is just one year ago.

First of all, in appearances and body language, they looked like two kids- two high school kids, as opposed to the 2 players, grand slam champions, that were out there on the court today. There really is something to that "aura" everybody keeps referring to about them.

Second of all, their games have changed, especially Roddick's- he was giving the ball a huge amount of air, a lot of topspin as opposed to his flat shots in today's final. He was kicking his second serve in, giving it alot of air and he was playing his backhand short and up the middle of the court as opposed to the flat, aggressive and deep backhands that he hit today. They both seemed to be more 'elastic' and laid back in their shot making as opposed to the out and out "whif bam thank you ma'am" the displayed today.
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2004, 11:04 PM   #2
wongqks

wongqks has a reputation beyond reputewongqks has a reputation beyond reputewongqks has a reputation beyond reputewongqks has a reputation beyond reputewongqks has a reputation beyond reputewongqks has a reputation beyond reputewongqks has a reputation beyond reputewongqks has a reputation beyond reputewongqks has a reputation beyond reputewongqks has a reputation beyond reputewongqks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a difference a year makes

Andy impress me today, he went out there, and have a game plan and it almost work coz it really did unsettle Federer. I am sure they will play many wimbledon final, coz at the moment, there isn't many players who can really play on grass. Maybe Ancic, Hewitt but the rest are either getting too old, or just cannot play on grass (Safin )
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 11:06 PM   #3
country flag TennisLurker

TennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt say andy hits the ball flat

Good luck to:

Gaudio, Murray, Florian Mayer, Chela, Nalbandian, Radek Stepanek, Volandri, Youzhny and Verdasco.

NICOLAS ALMAGRO IS AN EXOTIC BEAUTY
TennisLurker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 11:11 PM   #4
country flag rue

rue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond repute

I was really surprised by the way Andy played out there today. He was going for every shot and he showed the improvement he has made to his game. Even Roger too surprised me, he has really improved and it will be tough to beat the both of them especially Roger who beat Andy today.

Go Federer, Nadal!!!
rue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 11:32 PM   #5
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisLurker
I wouldnt say andy hits the ball flat
No, he doesn't but compared to last year, he is hitting it a lot flatter. Last year he played with much greater amounts of topspin.
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote