I lost my backhand:( - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-26-2008, 03:15 AM   #1
country flag Toko

Toko has a reputation beyond reputeToko has a reputation beyond reputeToko has a reputation beyond reputeToko has a reputation beyond reputeToko has a reputation beyond reputeToko has a reputation beyond reputeToko has a reputation beyond reputeToko has a reputation beyond reputeToko has a reputation beyond reputeToko has a reputation beyond reputeToko has a reputation beyond repute
Default I lost my backhand:(

Ok, so here's the story. I started playing tennis when I still lived in Israel, at the age of 10. I played very intensly till the age of 16, and did quite well - top 10 of my age group, third place in the nationals at one point.

Then, my zeal for tennis kinda dried up, and I stopped playing. In the meantime, I moved to the U.S, and now I'm a sophmore in college.

Anyway, I've since regained my love for tennis, and have started playing again. Anyway, the point of this story is:

I seem to have lost my backhand. I cannot seem to be able to hit it consistently at all, which is weird - my backhand, when I played often, was very solid. Everything else seems ok - Forehand, serve, voleys - all are still solid, but only the backhand is MIA.

Everyonce in a while it will start clicking again, but only for a match or too. I've even considered trying to switch to a one-hander, but that's kinda impractical, because I have no coach to teach me, unless I wait untill the summer when I can start taking some private lessons.

Anyway, I was hoping anyone here can have some advice for me - how can I get my old backhand back?
Toko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
country flag StevoTG

StevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I lost my backhand:(

If you could get someone to rally with you for an hour a couple of times a week, playing half court and just hitting as many backhands as possible it may help. The only other advice I could give would be to play as much as possible
StevoTG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
country flag Topspin Sports

Topspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond repute

Well, first and foremost if you cant find your backhand that your "satisfied" with then chances are there is a problem with the fundamentals of it. You may just need a refresher course from a pro.

Beware though, if you are doing something wrong with your backhand, hitting it incorrectly over and over will only dig you deeper.

I suggest getting a lesson with a GOOD pro who can fix that in one lesson (which shouldnt be a problem assuming you have played before and are used to taking instruction).

I wish I could give you more advice to help you but unfortunately I dont know anything about your stroke to help fix it!!

GOOD LUCK

Owner
Free Online Tennis Lessons
TopspinSports.com offers FREE Lessons, Videos, and Tips provided by world famous and local pros.

Ultimate Tennis Forum
Topspin Sports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
country flag StevoTG

StevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspin Sports View Post
Well, first and foremost if you cant find your backhand that your "satisfied" with then chances are there is a problem with the fundamentals of it. You may just need a refresher course from a pro.

Beware though, if you are doing something wrong with your backhand, hitting it incorrectly over and over will only dig you deeper.

I suggest getting a lesson with a GOOD pro who can fix that in one lesson (which shouldnt be a problem assuming you have played before and are used to taking instruction).

I wish I could give you more advice to help you but unfortunately I dont know anything about your stroke to help fix it!!

GOOD LUCK
Yeah that's probably better advice
StevoTG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
country flag gaz

gaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond repute

It is good advice but one lesson will not necessarily do it

video analysis could be helpful
gaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #6
country flag FootWork

FootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond repute

you check under the bed?
FootWork is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
country flag Albop
Banned!

Albop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond repute

ask feliciano lopez
Albop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote