*****Not getting Volandried in Rome 2008***** - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #31
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *****Not getting Volandried in Rome 2008*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanchr View Post
This can be said even before the draw is out, so I'm not upset about the draw It's like Roger on all the other surfaces some time ago - no draw is bad draw.

I think it's important in Rome that we continue to observe Roger's form and physical condition. He played a couple of good matches in a row in MC already. I will be happy if he can show good level of consistency again in Rome. Of course a final appearance against Nadal will be good, but it's not RG yet. So let's save the best draw for RG

If he plays as well as he did in the Nalby/Djokovic match even the final in MC, he has a good chance to make the final again, I think.

BTW, you get up so early on a Saturday Sheryl

Hi Laura

Yes, I seem to be unable to sleep pass 7 or 8am on a Saturday Linda is pissing me off on GM She's complaining about Rafa's tough and tricky section of the draw

Well, I guess we'll see if MC for Roger was a fluke for the clay season

Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
mangoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #32
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon57 View Post
Not getting Volandried, I hope Roger can continue improving.
Rofe please change the title to "not getting canassed in Rome" (does sound kinky though )
elessar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #33
country flag Rogieva
You can never have enough

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

Blake, Roddick and Davydenko are the ones stopping Nadal from the final.

Niether of the Americans can play on clay, and Nadal trashed Denko in MC

2R: Canas
QF: Ferrer/Gasquet
SF: Djoke or Nalby
F: Nadal
Old 05-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #34
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSwan View Post
The draw is TERRIBLE. I don't like Roger having to play Canas for his first match. Canas is not playing as well as at IW/Miami last year, but his playing style is not well suited for Roger - especially not for his first match. Roger needs to cut down on the UE's when he plays Canas.
I don't think Cañas is a player who Roger needs to worry about, it was like he said last year: 'the guy is on a roll right now' (or something the like), and he already expected it to end shortly - which indeed happened. I mean... has he had any impressive results the past couple of months?

Quote:
I can't believe that Djokovic, Nalbandian, Ferrer and Almagro are all in Feds half, while Nadal only has Davydenko of the top clay courters. Amazing how Nadal can keep avoiding playing Nalbandian - possibly the player with the best shot of beating him on clay due to that amazing double handed backhand and their internal record.
Yes, it's pretty... strange indeed.
But at least remember that the only tournament that really matters is RG - and perhaps we'll be seeing a more fair draw over there...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #35
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'm not sure why people see Canas in th draw and get all worried. We've seen what Roger can do to him when he's playing well. And it's not as if Canas has done anything great lately anyway.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #36
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
Yeah I'm not sure why people see Canas in th draw and get all worried. We've seen what Roger can do to him when he's playing well. And it's not as if Canas has done anything great lately anyway.
It must be something of the same sort of nonsensical worrying that makes some Rafa fans shudder when they see Andreev's name on his side of the draw...

Anathema

Old 05-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #37
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The draw is TERRIBLE. I don't like Roger having to play Canas for his first match. Canas is not playing as well as at IW/Miami last year, but his playing style is not well suited for Roger - especially not for his first match. Roger needs to cut down on the UE's when he plays Canas.

I can't believe that Djokovic, Nalbandian, Ferrer and Almagro are all in Feds half, while Nadal only has Davydenko of the top clay courters. Amazing how Nadal can keep avoiding playing Nalbandian - possibly the player with the best shot of beating him on clay due to that amazing double handed backhand and their internal record.
None of these guys are beating Nadal and we all know it. Almagro lost to Gremelmayr yesterday, no way he's beating Nadal. Ferrer was up a double break in the 2nd set in MC and couldn't take the set. We'll find out again this weekend just what shot he has aginst Nadal. Nalbandian probably wouldn't even make it far enough to play Nadal. Ferrer and Almagro have been playing 3 weeks straight now (and I believe Ferrer played DC as well) so who knows what form they'll be in next week anyway.

Fact is there is no hard draw for Nadal on clay. And yeah the draw gods bless him more often than not. If Roger can get through this draw and make the finals at least we'll know he's most likely back to full fitness and will be able to go the distance at RG.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #38
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Expected draw... for both Rogi and clay ogre... nothing new...

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #39
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
Rofe please change the title to "not getting canassed in Rome" (does sound kinky though )
When I used the word "Volandried", I was referring to my wish that he should go deep in the draw not that he would meet Volandri.

Roger will win against Canas. Actually, I am happy he is getting these tough draws - he has to be ready for a tough RG this year.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #40
country flag Federerhingis

Federerhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
Yeah~ no points to defend!
I'll happy with another finals appearance.
Very happy I would say, those would be very good points to get.
when he has done you no harm, Proverbs3:30"

So long Marat Safin, C'mon Lleyton Hewitt,Viel gluck Tommy Haas, Bring it on Marcos Baghdatis, Gut Spielen Nicolas Kiefer, Dale Fernando Gonzalez, Dale David Nalbandian, Davai Nikolay Davydenko and Allez Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Roger continue marvelling us the tennis mortals

Roger Federer & Martina Hingis (TENNIS)
Federerhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #41

Federerhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffoonette View Post
I don't think Cañas is a player who Roger needs to worry about, it was like he said last year: 'the guy is on a roll right now' (or something the like), and he already expected it to end shortly - which indeed happened. I mean... has he had any impressive results the past couple of months?

Yes, it's pretty... strange indeed.
But at least remember that the only tournament that really matters is RG - and perhaps we'll be seeing a more fair draw over there...
One more thing Nalbandian does not have the speed to bother Nadal nor the determination, and on clay he is not as lethal.

So long Marat Safin, C'mon Lleyton Hewitt,Viel gluck Tommy Haas, Bring it on Marcos Baghdatis, Gut Spielen Nicolas Kiefer, Dale Fernando Gonzalez, Dale David Nalbandian, Davai Nikolay Davydenko and Allez Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Old 05-03-2008, 03:00 PM   #42
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federerhingis View Post
One more thing Nalbandian does not have the speed to bother Nadal nor the determination, and on clay he is not as lethal.
And like is the case with Cañas, Nalby hasn't been impressing me very much during the past few months... - he has the talent, and the technique, but as you say, he lacks both in speed and in mentality. He'll be just another bit of cannon fodder for Raf methinks.

BTW, Raf is just handing out some bakery products to Gremelmayer right now...

Anathema

Old 05-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffoonette View Post
And like is the case with Cañas, Nalby hasn't been impressing me very much during the past few months... - he has the talent, and the technique, but as you say, he lacks both in speed and in mentality. He'll be just another bit of cannon fodder for Raf methinks.

BTW, Raf is just handing out some bakery products to Gremelmayer right now...
Bagels and breadsticks for free? How nice of him.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #44
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nothing new. When he's No2, the bottom part will be overcrowded, all of a sudden. It's not about what Nalbandian has/doesn't have on clay or elsewhere, it's just notable that he's almost never in TFA's part of the draw.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #45
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

That's a rough draw. If you swapped them Federer would cruise.

I'm not worried about Ferrer, he is Roger's pigeon, but Canas in the first match he plays? I don't see why Rafa has a tough draw, no Ferrer in his quarters, no Djokovic, no Nalbandian. He instead gets clay gods like Roddick and Blake.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote