French Tennis Magazines (or) Publications.... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-02-2004, 03:12 AM   #1
country flag fabulous frenchman

fabulous frenchman is on a distinguished road
Default French Tennis Magazines (or) Publications....

Hello, I am new to these boards,(but have really enjoyed reading you guys/gals posts) I am looking for a couple french tennis magazines, or french federation publications. I am learning to speak/read/write french and just figured it would be great practice because it's something I am very interested in. If you have any or a couple to spare feel free to email me and I will send you some payment for them
Also where is Matheiu Montcourt?? I thought he would have made an immediate impact. He's got a very nice all-court game.
Thanks, Johnathan

jwhtennis777@yahoo.com
fabulous frenchman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2004, 09:00 AM   #2
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French Tennis Magazines (or) Publications....

hi!!
hmm dont think i can help you with the magazines but im learning french at the moment as well and i find it really really useful just to read stuff on websites and stuff ie. sports.fr, sporever.fr, fft.fr and theres a few others if youre interested) and that helps...altho wouldnt it be possible to order in some french magazines in the US?
Old 07-02-2004, 03:15 PM   #3

Hey thanks for your response! From time to time I have seen French versions of "tennis Magazine on ebay, but never bid on them. I'll just keep on the lookout.
I appreciate your help, J
Old 07-02-2004, 03:15 PM   #4
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

ure welcome!
so you follow the French tennis players? who do u like?
Old 07-03-2004, 01:09 AM   #5
country flag lizabeth..*

lizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond repute

Yeaaahhhh Mathieu!!! I want to know what happened to him too!! I was hoping to see him make some sort of impact on the Futures or Challengers tour this year but nothing as of yet Hopefully he will pop up somewhere sooner or later...or maybe the gap between juniors and the pro's is too big for him at this stage too!!

GOOD LUCK

Fernando Verdasco | Paul-Henri Mathieu | Richard Gasquet

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marat Safin | Juan Carlos Ferrero | Carlos Moya | David Nalbandian | Mathieu Montcourt | Nicolas Mahut

lizabeth..* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 01:42 AM   #6

hi,
I do like the french players. Sadly there hasn't really been one to do anything in recent years, but i just enjoy that falshy style of all-court tennis. I was a huge Pioline fan, but now I like watching pretty much any of the Frenchmen... grosjean, escude, even some of the un-known guys like mutis, dupuis etc.
I really thought dipasquale was going to be a certian top 25 player back in 1999, but he has really not put the results together.
I like gasquet for the future over any of the present players or other juniors(monfils/etc.) Look for him to be a fixture in the top5 and wina few slams in the next 5 years!
Old 07-03-2004, 02:00 PM   #7
country flag Jim Jones

Jim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: French Tennis Magazines (or) Publications....

No Monfils and maybe even Oanna will make a name for themselves. They are both the same age as Gasquet and are ranked lower than him but have a lot of potential. I'm rooting for Monfils to win all the junior slams. Despite his talent its close to impossible. But achieving the impossible is possible as Agassi demonstrated by winning the 4 majors on the main tour. Remember that name: Monfils, Gael Monfils!
Jim Jones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 04:01 PM   #8

I agree that Monfils is very good and has a nice game, but the main ingrediant in making it on the tour these days is in the player's movement. Everyone can hit a huge serve and forhand, but it's the players who can move as well that really make an impact (federer,coria,etc.) To me Monfils movoment is very suspect. He can out hit the juniors he is playing against now, but won't be outhitting top tour level players right away, so he will need to be able to rely on good movement. I hope he can do it!