Clay season 2008 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #106
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay season 2008

Exactly, I think it's not bad at all he plays the qualies since he most of all needs a few focused, very clean wins.
When I saw him training with Nico Mahut in Hamburg, it didn't look very intense again, compared to other players (like in Zagreb). Playing a couple of real matches is the best training he can get right now imo.

Of course if he doesn't qualify, I advise not to read the result thread in GM.

Last edited by Truc : 05-17-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #107
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Of course if he doesn't qualify, I advise not to read the result thread in GM.

So noted.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #108
country flag gambit84

gambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond repute

Gillu won his first quali round against Benkirane 61 61, now he has to beat Naso

Allez Gillu
Old 05-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #109
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

There is a livestream for his match, they're warming up:
http://www.tvchannelsfree.com/watch/...a---Maroc.html
or http://channelsurfing.net/watch-atp-morocco.html
Old 05-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #110
country flag Truc

It was quite a pain to watch, especially the 2nd set, but it was not Poussin's fault, he was solid.
6-2 6-3 - I hope he plays Coria now.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #111
country flag gambit84

gambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond repute

Gillu and Coria
Old 05-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #112
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

I kept thinking this is the Casablanca Challenger. that one was a couple of weeks ago, of course. I did wonder why Gilles was playing in a Challenger qualifying..

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:53 PM   #113
country flag Truc

I don't think there was any Challenger in Casablanca this year. Only Rabat and Marrakech. Maybe you get confused because it's called the "Casachallenger" on MTF?

Grrrr, he drew Serra. And he plays on Court 2 tomorrow (1st match of the day) -> no livestream.
He leads in the h2h, but it doesn't mean much because they haven't played lately and the last match was that joke of a RR match in Adelaide.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:20 PM   #114
country flag gambit84

Florent Serra was in a good form two months ago, now he isn't playing well. Gillu can crush him
Old 05-18-2008, 08:10 PM   #115
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't there a Casablanca Challenger as well? I don't know about this year's screwed up calendar, but I kind of remember livescoring for a Challenger in that region around this time of the year.

EDIT: yes, there was a Casablanca Challenger last year. Cilic won it.

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:07 AM   #116
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit84 View Post
Florent Serra was in a good form two months ago, now he isn't playing well. Gillu can crush him
Rather the other way around imo, Flo has been in horrid form this year, but he has shown some improvement in the last 2 months.
They know each other so well with Flo, I would have preferred him to play somebody else. But Gilles should definitely win, of course. After having played the qualies, he must be motivated to win a couple of matches there, and he was looking fine to me yesterday.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:07 AM   #117
country flag Truc

Anyway, even if he loses, it won't be tragic, he'll have more time to get ready for Roland. The conditions in Casa look so different from Paris, much faster, even Gilles was hitting aces yesterday (9!!).
Old 05-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #118
country flag gambit84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Rather the other way around imo, Flo has been in horrid form this year, but he has shown some improvement in the last 2 months.
They know each other so well with Flo, I would have preferred him to play somebody else. But Gilles should definitely win, of course. After having played the qualies, he must be motivated to win a couple of matches there, and he was looking fine to me yesterday.
well fran I'm not as tolerant as you. If Gillu is injuried ok but now he's improving his tennis conditions and so no excuses: his objective is to become a top20 and to play good in slam tournaments and when you have objectives like these beat countryman opponent who's not at your level is essential and fundamental
Old 05-19-2008, 09:58 AM   #119
country flag gambit84

and so c'mon Gillu
Old 05-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #120
country flag Truc

I don't like them playing each other, but not because I'm more scared of Flo than of the other ones.
I just don't like that match-up - I have a soft spot for Flo since I saw him last year at a tournament and also, I like the idea of Gilles irritating the opponent with his game which is a bit special and it's not the same feeling with Serra. It's not just a countryman, they had the same coach, were training together for a long time, know each other very well.

I would prefer him to play somebody else, but I'm not questioning Gilles Simon's ability to beat Florent Serra!