Clay season 2008 - Page 29 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #421
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay season 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
To be known in France it's better playing Davis Cup. Next year he could be titular but with Gasquet/Tsonga/Monfils it's difficult to make a team especially with the perpective of the doubles.

He also need to go far in a Grand Slam or in a "big" tournament, his semi-final in Toronto with a win against Federer really helped his notoriety for exemple.
I don't care about him being famous. I actually would like it to stay this way Does anyone share the same feeling ?
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #422
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I'm an early adopter of most players, and I hate it when they get tons of other fans.

Good example, I was Mathieu's first fan here, but when he got really famous I stopped caring.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #423
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Which Mathieu? PHM?

That's the usual story on MTF, the Gulbistards certainly feel the same with Ernie and Jess with "Pants", etc. - and I do with Gilles in a way, even if I was only a late adopter compared to many of you guys.
I find this feeling quite strong with Gilles since it's part of his charm to be underrated, discreet, not flashy if you don't make the effort to follow him a little bit to get what is interesting about him and his game, etc.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the other hand, since I also write quite a lot in French blogs/groups about him, it can be depressing when hardly anybody comments or reacts or seems to care at all.
I think his MTF forum is OK in that regard. He has a fanbase, so it's not too "dreary", but it's not too huge either.

Last edited by Truc : 09-23-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #424
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I always have the impression he's ambivalent about it too.
In every other interview he says he doesn't care about the media and doesn't want to be famouse, etc. And I believe him when he says that.
But he stresses often enough that lower ranked players get more recognition than him. He's a very proud guy and it obviously bugs him. I remember De Chaunac posting a pic of him with Gilles last year in his "Tennis Magazine" blog about the Challenger tour with the caption "A pic of Gilles Simon because he complains Tennis Magazine never talks about him".
Journalists also often say he's extremely open towards the media and so talkative - to the point that he accepts requests like this "behind the scenes" article in Roland-Garros which was a bit too much for my liking. So he also does everything to be more present in the media.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:35 PM   #425
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I always have the impression he's ambivalent about it too.
In every other interview he says he doesn't care about the media and doesn't want to be famouse, etc. And I believe him when he says that.
But he stresses often enough that lower ranked players get more recognition than him. He's a very proud guy and it obviously bugs him. I remember De Chaunac posting a pic of him with Gilles last year in his "Tennis Magazine" blog about the Challenger tour with the caption "A pic of Gilles Simon because he complains Tennis Magazine never talks about him".
Journalists also often say he's extremely open towards the media and so talkative - to the point that he accepts requests like this "behind the scenes" article in Roland-Garros which was a bit too much for my liking. So he also does everything to be more present in the media.
I'll ask him, hein Fran ? Prépare d'autres questions. ha ha

Fran, I gave you a WC to play Beijing this week. I care about your career, you haven't played in a while
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote