Clay season 2008 - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #166
country flag Brego

Brego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay season 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit84 View Post
and finally Gillu won
tomorrow the arriadia channel will show his match live
He will be playing either Gicquel or Coria. I hope it's Coria because I would love to see him play again.

Allez Gilles.

Last edited by Brego : 05-20-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Brego is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2008, 11:48 PM   #167
country flag Acer

Acer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
Chick
Teehehe
Acer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:12 AM   #168
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SIMON ENCHAÎNE. – Contraint de passer au dernier moment par les qualifications, Gilles Simon a cueilli hier sa quatrième victoire de suite à Casablanca, en dominant Boris Pashanski. Ce fut long (3-6, 6-4, 6-3), douloureux pour les gambettes, mais le Français finit par imposer son calme. Sur des charbons ardents, le Serbe récolta en effet deux points de pénalité (un pour dépassement de temps, l’autre pour verbal abuse) et frisa la disqualification. « Je suis content parce que j’arrive de nouveau à retourner des situations mal engagées, dit Simon. Ça prouve que j’y suis dans la tête. Mais je ne vais pas cracher sur mon jour “off” demain ! (aujourd’hui). » Simon affrontera en quarts de finale Marc Gicquel.
It was a hard job and he had to run a lot, but Gilles’ composure finally prevailed. Pashanski went a bit crazy, got 2 penality points (one for taking too much time, one for verbal abuse) and got almost disqualified. Gilles: “I’m happy because I’m eventually able to turn the situation around when things are looking bad. It proves I’m ready mentally. But I won’t mind having a day off tomorrow!” Next: Gicquel.

Marc leads in the h2h, but they played mostly in French futures years ago, it doesn't mean much.
They know each other well too, Marc was part of the little group training with Potier (Gilles/Flo/Marc).
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:15 AM   #169
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

My post about the Olympics from last time was wrong, btw, I stood corrected.
Of course Llodra qualifying in singles over Gilles doesn't mean they would have to send another doubles player (they can decide to have just 5 Frenchies then - Gasquet/PHM/Tsonga/Llodra in singles and Gasquet/Tsonga + Llodra/Clément in doubles).

Anyway, I know it doesn't change anything for Gilles who just needs to defend his spot in the singles rankings 3 more weeks.
I was only wondering about the consequences if he doesn't and if it would also send Santoro to Beijing then, for example, but that's everything but sure.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #170
country flag Brego

Brego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Anyway, I know it doesn't change anything for Gilles who just needs to defend his spot in the singles rankings 3 more weeks.
Gilles has 35 points to defend from last year.

He went out to Paulo in the 2nd round of the French and lost in the
1st round of Halle to Baghdatis. So his chances are looking good to
defend his spot as he is gaining points in Casablanca as well.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #171
country flag Truc

He better win today, they will show the rest of the tournament on TV5, I want to see him on my TV instead of these mini-livestreams.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:49 PM   #172
country flag Truc

He fell right in the 1st game and stopped the game to call the trainer, seems quite in pain (his hip)...
Old 05-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #173
country flag Bobble

Bobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond repute

yea this doesnt look good

Muzza

Fogna

Dolgopolov, Petzschner, Kamke, Malisse, Haase, Andujar, Riba
Bobble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:58 PM   #174
country flag Truc

He seems a bit hampered in his movement. I hope he will play more aggressively to shorten the points.
Marc is so nice, he makes him hardly run. Even when Gilles fell, he just played the ball back so they could kept playing the point normally.

Aaargh... he had won the game to love, but gave the last point back to Gicquel - which was only fair since Gicquel had done the same when he fell, but still, he then lost 5 points in a row. Enough gifting points to the opponent now, please!

Last edited by Truc : 05-22-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #175
country flag Brego

Quote:
Marc is so nice, he makes him hardly run. Even when Gilles fell, he just played the ball back so they could kept playing the point normally.
That's so sweet.

Hope Gilles will be O.K.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #176
country flag Truc

Marc really seems to be a nice guy. I fell in love with him in Hamburg last year, I saw him play with kids and cheer for the other Frenchies, I was all .

The trainer keeps coming for Gilles at every change of ends. :-/
Quote:
I hope he will play more aggressively to shorten the points.
Not really...
And what's with all these DF out of the blue? Is it because of the hip too?! 5 already at 4-2.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #177
country flag Brego

Finally he gets the game. Gilles leads 5-2.

I get a TV5 channel from France. Maybe I should see if it's an international channel or I can see the match too.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #178
country flag Truc

Yes, probably. I think Ome could also see Casa today on her TV5 program in Thailand, it's all over the world. No idea why they show this event, they never broadcast tennis and then Casachallenger all of a sudden.

1-1, it's a bit of a pain to watch, but we'll cut him some slack because of the hip, his movement definitely doesn't look normal.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #179
country flag Bobble

Bobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt really feel the love between the two at the end of the match. either way, solid match for gilles

Muzza

Fogna

Dolgopolov, Petzschner, Kamke, Malisse, Haase, Andujar, Riba
Bobble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #180
country flag Brego

Gilles wins the match 6-3 6-2.

I thought he had some good serves and a couple of good shots considering his injury.

Next up: Tsonga (again).

Edit: The TV5 had a talk show now it has a travelling cooking show - Sac a dos?? I'll look tomorrow for the match.