Forget Prince Albert II, David is the real royalty at the millionaires' playground - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #31
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forget Prince Albert II, David is the real royalty at the millionaires' playgroun

And to was nice to see David finishing things off with a superb backhand.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #32
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forget Prince Albert II, David is the real royalty at the millionaires' playgroun

Very Cool!!!!!!! I am glad he played well. I hope he plays well tomorrow too. I have exam so will not be able to watch. But hopefully he will still in the tournament on friday. Vamos!!!!!!!

I had to ask this: Is David still wearing that Hideous Yellow Shirt?
Nalbandian.Safin.Mathieu.
Naina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #33
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear he played well. I have some stuff at university tomorrow so I won't be able to follow his second match but hopefully he will win that one as well! I feel kinda sad for Ollie though, I like the guy byt hey....Our David won!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #34
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

That was really fun to watch. David was really playing with the angles a lot in this match. I thought he was a bit patchy at first but played okay then started to play really well after that.

The crucial stage of the match was at *2-4 in the first set when David was down two break points and hit about three good first serves to win that game when he was going through a poor patch of play that didn't really last that long. Earlier on, I thought it was pretty even despite the break of serve except that David made too many cheap errors on the break points.

From then on, it all seemed to be very straightforward.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #35
country flag my0118

my0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
That was really fun to watch. David was really playing with the angles a lot in this match. I thought he was a bit patchy at first but played okay then started to play really well after that.

The crucial stage of the match was at *2-4 in the first set when David was down two break points and hit about three good first serves to win that game when he was going through a poor patch of play that didn't really last that long. Earlier on, I thought it was pretty even despite the break of serve except that David made too many cheap errors on the break points.

From then on, it all seemed to be very straightforward.
That's what I like about him. His ability to make such an angle is a feast for the eye.

Actually in the first set, there were a bunch of break points in both players' games which they couldn't convert. I was a little bit worried at that moment, but after him breaking back, it went pretty lopsided.

He will play either Robredo or Soderling. I hope Robredo gets through because I think he's an easier opponent for David. But I could be wrong. Whatever it is, I just hope he could go far as possibel as he can.
my0118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:16 PM   #36
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Missed the match, but I'm happy to read he played well ..after that little initial scare that is, lol. Good thing he didn't complicate his life that much & no, he is not fat dave today. Let's see which David he brings next time.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #37
country flag rhinooooo

rhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond repute

Good match for Nalby. First time in a while that he played very well in his first round match. He got 70% of his first serves in which definitely helped. He's up against Tommy next, and I agree that it's an easier opponent than Soderling. I know Nalby is not in the best shape after the Davis Cup but I hope he can fight through it and maintain this level!
rhinooooo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #38
country flag Tennis-Engineer

Tennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond repute

Now it is about time to whitewash Robredo on clay. Go David

Tennis Tipping :

Singles titles: Sunrise 09, Cremona 09, Belgrade 08, Salinas 08, Tunis 08, Campos do Jordao 08.
Doubles titles: Paris Masters 09, Shanghai Masters 09, Todi 09, Santiago 08, San Luis de Potosi 08, Tunis 08.

Tennis-Engineer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #39
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

:d

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #40
country flag freeandlonely

freeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos!

ALWAYS BE TRUE TO YOURSELF
freeandlonely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:03 AM   #41
country flag wenty

wenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond repute

Seemed like a comfortable match, according to the scoreline... Robredo up next, who leads David 2-1 on clay. Vamos David, best of luck tomorrow!
wenty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:06 AM   #42
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

The last meeting between David and Robredo came in the same stage of this event 2 years, with Robredo coming from a set down to win in 3. David acted like a crybaby that day, moaning about Robredo overcelebrating (in fact after his match against Seppi in the previous round, he was furious with what he considered to be a ridiculously early start - what a hard life these tennis players live ).
Anyway like many other people I wasn't expecting that much from David this week and historically he has never excelled at this tournament. Robredo has been finding some form recently. I can see him being a troublesome opponent for David today, and I think that he'll win.
Good luck to David there though, and hopefully he'll prove me wrong.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #43
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Tough match so far. David leads 4-1 with a break but has struggled on two of his service games and they look pretty evenly matched to me. Robredo has been playing well so far. I just noticed in this match how much more effective David is serving to the ad side to set up the backhand in the next shot.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #44
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you watching it live krystel ? I'm at work and can just follow the scoreboard. I noticed david made 2 straights DF which scared me but it looks like he is on control as he just won the first set 6-1 !

VAMOS DAVID !
Old 04-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #45
country flag krystlel

And moments later, David breaks again and wins the first set 6-1. Robredo's game dipped a bit in the closing stages and he got visibly frustrated.

^ Yes, I am watching the match on live stream. David has played pretty well this match, but most of all he has played the big points well.