Articles & interviews - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #136
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I so hate the expression "La Grande Nation", that's how they call France in Germany too, on the news, etc., so people here think that we arrogant pricks call ourselves like that.
There is indeed a huge gap between perception and reality. "Normal" French people are not arrogant at all, quite the contrary, I often felt, they were masochistically in love with a loser image (and that is not limited to sports), however, French officials can occasionally be quite bullying.

Quote:
She means that being famouse will annoy him. He already is annoyed by his current overexposure. Until last week, nobody knew about him, people around them didn't even know their son was a tennis pro.
Now the tough times begin...........

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #137
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute

guys please lets stop with this things. i don't know why the journalist from Eurospot posted this "La Grande......" thing but i really start to feel guilty for posting this article here/ i wish i never did/.
this is not a place for policy...........................tanx

with respect to u all: Yavor
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:43 PM   #138
country flag HoistDaColors

HoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta share this with you guys. This article in chinese is talking about the onslaught of the French at the TMC with Tsonga and Simon. I just translated the part about Gilles. One part is particular funny (but it isn't false). I left China when I was ten so if I translated anything wrong, please forgive me.

Quote:
http://sports.163.com/08/1106/06/4Q20S2QS00051CDI.html

Because of the Nadal's withdraw from the TMC, Simon, who has had extradinary results towards seasons end, was able to participate the Tennis Master Cup. When mentioned his status as a substitute, Simon showed his regret for Nadal. "This to him and the tournament is a disaster. However, I am the benefector of this disaster."

Simon also discussed his potential to battle against Federer, Roddick and Murray: "I beat Nadal in Madrid, that says everything."

More importantly, Simon is not foreign to China. This August, he represented France in the Olympic games. He called attention to himself because of his handsome looks. At that time, a Chinese website ranked him as one of the ten handsomest Olympic athletes. "I never thought that in China, in Shanghai, I would have that many fans. This makes me excite about the tournament and I will work harder to achieve good results." Simon said bashfully.

In 2005, Nalbandian won the Tennis Master Cup as a substitute. For Simon to reproduce the Argentine's miracle, it is not impossible. "I don't wish for a miracle. I believe in my own strength."
HoistDaColors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:08 AM   #139
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

Could you please translate the tsonga part ? (here or in his subforum if you prefer, or if Fran prefer I should say ).
MacArthur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:38 AM   #140
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He is handsome, but that's stretching it a bit. ^^ We need to find that website, I want to see the top 10.
"I will work harder to achieve good results", Simon said bashfully. Whatever works as a motivation for you, Gillou.

Thank you so much for sharing that great find, HDC, I had no idea that the Simon forum was full of people who speak Chinese - and that he had fans in China.

Last edited by Truc : 11-07-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #141
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoistDaColors View Post
I gotta share this with you guys. This article in chinese is talking about the onslaught of the French at the TMC with Tsonga and Simon. I just translated the part about Gilles. One part is particular funny (but it isn't false). I left China when I was ten so if I translated anything wrong, please forgive me.

thanx u are unbelievable.................

Quote:
"He called attention to himself because of his handsome looks. At that time, a Chinese website ranked him as one of the ten handsomest Olympic athletes. "

oh yeah........Gillou baby!!!!

and btw i want to see that site too.............please
Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #142

HoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacArthur View Post
Could you please translate the tsonga part ? (here or in his subforum if you prefer, or if Fran prefer I should say ).
I just got out of class/work. I am so tire right now. I will try to translate it and post it in Jo's forum tomorrow.

Quote:
He is handsome, but that's stretching it a bit. ^^ We need to find that website, I want to see the top 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgy View Post
and btw i want to see that site too.............please
It was mentioned in the article. It didn't give a name to the site. I'll try to find it.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:23 PM   #143

Here's another summary of another article.

It talks about Gilles and Roddick doing the press conference together. The reporter asked how did Gilles win over the top three. He said since he didn't have any pressure to win, he played the best he could. (Then they asked who Roddick voted for, Andy responded: "are you kidding me?")

Another question for Gilles: This year almost every time you play the third set, you win. Is dragging the match longer advantageous to you?

Gilles: That's not right. I have lost in 5th set too. But this year indeed I have won many third set matches, 5 times in a row. I hope to win with only two sets against my opponents.

Q for Gilles: Are you surprise that so many people know you in Shanghai? Did you receive any gifts? What do you do with these gifts?

Gilles: I have received three gifts so far. Federer said he has never received any gifts in Shanghai. ( these might be indecent gifts and Mirka probably discarded them before they got to Roger.) It seems like I am very lucky. I met a lot of friends here and they will come to the matches to cheer me on.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #144

Another article summary from the perspective of the chinese press about the french press.

Quote:
From the perspective of the Chinese media, it seems that the French pair are getting more media attention than Djokovic and Roddick. The only other players that are getting more media attention than them are Federer and Murray.

In the press conference, the French media turned out in full force, surrounding and hogging these two. When they start asking questions, it would not end for half a hour. Finally, with the help of the ATP officers, we (the Chinese press) got five minutes to ask questions.

They asked 5 identical questions for both of them. Nothing interesting really.

Last part of the article: After the end of the interview, Tsonga and Simon, under the intense demand of the French press, posed for about 5 minutes in the lobby. The cameras didn't stop flashing for 5 minutes.
Now I really hope Gilles does well. France has high hopes for him and Tsonga.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:39 AM   #145
country flag rtgy

wow thanx a lot HDC/i don't know your name/ this reports and videos/in the video thread/ are great.........thanx once again
Old 11-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #146
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, thank you so much Marisa for all the stories and videos, that's awesome for us!
I don't think France is having high hopes for *Gilles*. But I'm not surprised the French media and their obsession with the French players are making quite an impression.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #147
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

I like the press in that they pass (sometimes) useful information to us.

But some of the stuff they say and do... some of the questions they ask. You really have to wonder about them.

In the Nole thread, someone posted that a reporter asked him who he would save if Sharapova, Ivanovic, and Jankovic all fell in the water. Seriously, wtf?!

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #148
country flag Truc

There is a great article today in L'Equipe about Jo and Gilles as kids and during their CNE time, there are some funny stories that are new to me:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GRHRGYWR
I'll translate it during the off season when I have more time.

Even as a kid, Gilles liked finishing the match on a volley although he was 25 cm shorter than all the others and never came to the net the rest of the time! That's why he still does it on BP.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:27 AM   #149
country flag rtgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
In the Nole thread, someone posted that a reporter asked him who he would save if Sharapova, Ivanovic, and Jankovic all fell in the water. Seriously, wtf?!

for me the answer of that question is simple............Ana ofcours!!!
i've always likes her

btw, great new avi Scotty
Old 11-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #150
country flag Brego

Brego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks HoistDaColors (Marisa) for all your work in translating the articles.
Brego is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote