Winning streaks in one country - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Winning streaks in one country

Jimmy Connors: 54 (USA, February to September 1974*)
Roger Federer: 49 (USA, August 2004 to August 2006)
Bjorn Borg: 41 (Great Britain, June 1976 to July 1981)
Roger Federer: 41 (Germany, June 2003 to May 2008)
Roger Federer: 40 (Great Britain, June 2003 to July 2008)
Bjorn Borg: 38 (France, March 1977 to April 1992**)
Rafael Nadal: 37 (Monaco, April 2005 to present)
Roger Federer: 30 (Switzerland, April 2004 to November 2009)
John McEnroe: 29 (Great Britain, June 1983 to July 1985)
Andre Agassi: 26 (Australia, January 2000 to January 2004)
Mats Wilander: 23 (Spain, October 1982 to September 1985)
Ivan Lendl: 23 (Canada, August 1987 to July 1991)
Pete Sampras: 22 (USA, August 1996 to March 1997)
Lleyton Hewitt: 22 (USA, August 2001 to March 2002)
Andre Agassi: 21 (USA, July to September 1995)
Thomas Muster: 20 (Mexico, February 1993 to March 1996)
Pete Sampras: 20 (USA, August 1995 to March 1996)
Ilie Nastase: 19 (Monaco, April 1971 to April 1974)
Ilie Nastase: 19 (Spain, April to October 1973)
Roger Federer: 19 (UAE, February 2003 to March 2006)
Rafael Nadal: 19 (Spain, April 2005 to October 2006)
Roger Federer: 19 (Australia, January 2006 to January 2008)
Sergi Bruguera: 18 (Switzerland, July 1992 to July 1995)
Carlos Moya: 18 (Croatia, July 2001 to July 2004)
Rafael Nadal: 18 (France, May 2006 to November 2007)
Ivan Lendl: 17 (Canada, August 1980 to August 1982)
Boris Becker: 17 (Great Britain, June to November 1985)
Thomas Muster: 17 (Italy, June 1993 to May 1994)
Rafael Nadal: 17 (Italy, May 2005 to May 2008)
Michael Chang: 16 (China, October 1993 to October 1996)
Pete Sampras: 16 (Great Britain, June 1995 to July 1996)
Pete Sampras: 16 (Great Britain, June 1999 to June 2000)
Novak Djokovic: 16 (USA, March to August 2011)
Jim Courier: 15 (USA, March to August 1991)
Michael Chang: 15 (USA, March to August 1992)

*Difficult to say for sure, as during this winning streak there were two matches in tournaments where Connors lost by DEF - that's what it says on the ATP website. They count these as wins for his opponents in the head-to-head statistics, but if there's no scoreline then surely the matches weren't played, right? If you do count them as defeats then he only had a 27-match winning streak - he eventually lost a completed match to Onny Parun in the semis of San Francisco.

**Obviously Borg left the game having won RG for the fourth time in a row in 1981, but he did make an ill-fated comeback in the early 90s and lost his first match on French soil.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.

Last edited by Sjengster : 11-28-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2008, 01:15 AM   #2
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winning streaks in one country

Roger Federer: 20 (Switzerland, April 2004 to present)

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Rui MacHado had a 21 match winning streak this year in Portugal, but it was in futures, and one ATP
Lost to Serra in Estoril this week 76 61 to end it. Still impressive though.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:15 AM   #4
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Nalbandian is having a 8 matches winning streak in singles (ATP Buenos Aires + Davis cup Singles matches). that can be 10 if u count Davis Cup Doubles matches also
hopefully he will continue this streak in September

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

I think the criteria should be a minimum of 15 matches in a row, so we'll see....

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #6
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

How about Nadal in Monaco?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #7
country flag Sjengster

Might as well wait until both this event and Rome are finished, I think.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #8
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

For sure.

Nice to see Borg with a 15 year win streak. Good stuff.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:28 PM   #9
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't aware of Borg's come back attempt at the age of 36-38 in the early 90's, he didn't win a match although interestly in the last match he played he lost 7-6(7) in the final set tie-break against Alexander Volkov.

On the subject of Connor's stats, in my mind if those matches were walk-overs for the opponent that's not a winning streak, I strongly believe giving a w.o. should not be part of any winning streak record, it's a match loss, simple as that.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:09 AM   #10
country flag Renaud

Renaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
I wasn't aware of Borg's come back attempt at the age of 36-38 in the early 90's, he didn't win a match although interestly in the last match he played he lost 7-6(7) in the final set tie-break against Alexander Volkov.
I saw the come back match against Arrese, it was beyond pathetic. He came back with his old guru and his wooden racquet... I don't know what he thought when he came back. I guess Volkov was drunk when he played against him.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #11
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

haha, i didnt know about this comeback either

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:03 AM   #12
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
I saw the come back match against Arrese, it was beyond pathetic. He came back with his old guru and his wooden racquet... I don't know what he thought when he came back. I guess Volkov was drunk when he played against him.
I think he played with a new racket in that match.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:39 AM   #13
country flag Renaud

Renaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
I think he played with a new racket in that match.
No, i'm sure he played with it and changed then for the other matches.

"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Old 04-26-2008, 11:13 AM   #14
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
No, i'm sure he played with it and changed then for the other matches.
I meant against Volkov.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #15
country flag Renaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
I meant against Volkov.
Ups
Yes i think so.