Presentation Thread : welcome Home jojotards - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:07 AM   #1
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Presentation Thread : welcome Home jojotards

Here is a thread to make all of us good buddies :

I am MacArthur, french, name Benoît, writer, 27 years old, male, fan of jojo since last year and his match against Richard Gasquet at wimbledon. I thought at the moment that this guy may have the talent of richard, if not more.

Feel free to introduce yourself in this thread and do not fear to be taken for a bandwagoner if you have fallen for Jo during the last AO : there must be a first time in life

Maybe say a few words on why you like Jo : as for me I think he gives us an incredible feeling of excitement when he is on court, due to his very spectacular way of playing and to his aptitude at playing with the audience.

Last edited by MacArthur : 04-18-2008 at 07:22 AM.
MacArthur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Presentation Thread : welcome Home jojotards

(I've never gotten what is wrong with bandwagoning anyway, it's normal to follow players we get to see more on TV and in the media.)

I'm Françoise, 38 years old, translator (but not for English, don't worry), French, living in Germany.

I wouldn't call myself a "Jojotard", but he's grown on me during the past few months when I was posting in his MTF thread. I like the 'character' Tsonga, his honesty, his whole attitude.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:44 AM   #3
country flag JBdV

JBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond repute

I'm Jean-Baptiste, 21, student (in mathematics and physics ), I'm French but living/studying in London.

I've known about Jo for a long time but never really had a chance to watch more than 1-2 matches of his (like against Ancic at Bercy or Roddick at RG) because of all the injuries he went through. I knew he was talented but was not all that hopeful because of these injuries. I really started to take more notice of him last year when he went on a great run in challengers, especially when he won Surbiton and qualified for Queen's in the same weekend That is when I really started to think he could finally get somewhere near to fulfilling his potential. I then saw him play Hewitt at Queen's which is when I really recognised how exciting both his tennis and personality is. He has been one of my fave Frenchies since then but even I have to admit everything that has happened since has exceeded all my expectations! And hopefully there is a lot more to come.
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Tennis Tipping 2009 Results:
Singles: Cherbourg CH W
Doubles: ...
JBdV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

This is not a place only for us french fellows, we are waiting for you tennis fan from all over the world :

Keep them coming

Of course every lurkers are welcome here

Last edited by MacArthur : 04-18-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute

What a pleasant surprise to see that Tsonga finally has his own thread.

I'm Marie, I'm from the Seychelles and I was first drawn to Tsonga when I saw him giving Roddick fits at the AO2007 (no disrespect to Roddick). It was a pleasure to see him get stronger, winning challenger events and working himself in the main draws of ATP events. His phenomenal run at the AO2008 left me breathless, very well-deserved and so inspirational.

My fondness for Tsonga is actually a little more personal. He's the spitting image of my 23-year old brother, same curly hair, facial features, athletic build... My father is also a fan - he was amazed at Tsonga's unexpected achievement at AO and is tickled pink that he looks so much like my brother; that's what I call vicarious pride

Anyway, this is the first player's forum I've officially introduced myself to. I do like various other players, because I admire talent and I just love tennis. I also have a soft spot for underdogs (as Tsonga used to be). I hope to see much more of Tsonga and wish him every success and longivity in his tennis career.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #6
country flag MacArthur

Welcome aboard Turquoise

Personal ressemblance are sufficient reason to become a jojotard

Accepted
Old 04-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #7
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Danielle, 18, nursing student, American

I first saw Jo play Andy at the 2007 AO. I wasn't focused on his game; moreso, I was focused on that fact that Andy was struggling in the 1st round against a player I'd never heard of. I first began to like him when he and Richard won Sydney doubles beating the Bryans in the final and saving 3 match points. I had the picture of them with their trophies as my computer background for a long time.

And of course, his run to the AO final was spectacular, espcially who he beat in the 1st round. I was amazed by his play and his personality, even though he beat Rchard in the 4th round. He's so likeable.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #8
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

SelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond repute

Selven , I come from China ,23-year-old, student. I'm a big fan of Jo . I first saw Jo's match at the UO from last year . He finished the Tim's career life .I like Jo,and hopelly I could see him in Beijing this year .
SelvenluvJo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:07 PM   #9
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe what a nice surprise to see Jojo finally has his own board!!!

I'm Martine from Belgium and I'm following Jo's career for quite some time already (well of course this means the ups & downs and when he wasn't as wellknown as he is now and injured, it sometimes was difficult to keep updated...)

martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #10
country flag lilibel13

lilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond reputelilibel13 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody

I'm Lili , 23 years old , student in psychology , i live in marseille , france.

Well that's a long story to explain how i begin to be a fan of jo so if you 've got some time sit down and let's go

I saw Jo for the first time at the open 13 2004 , he played against thiery ascione (and lost ) and at this time i was for ascione because he was at this time selected for the DC , well i was at the open 13 with a boy that i met on caramail the night before ( yes yes caramail the ancestor of MSN lol)
He came from Monpellier ( a town near from marseille) to see coredja who played at this moment too.
So he was for Jo , because he was metisse like him , and me i was more intrested by the boy than by the match i must confess

so i try to dredge him (his name was and still is ariel lol)=>

-Well ariel tell me more about yo..
-YEAHHH go go go jo!!!!!!!

then he take my camera from my hand and begin to take many photos i was " ok you like more this "jo" than me"...

Then to finish at the end i was with a lot of foto and jo lost and then ariel begin to dredge me and i was " no it's too late now!"

So i see on an other forum that someone search some foto of jo at the open 13 , so i say " yes i had a lot "lol , then this person begin to tell me how jo was great and really sweet , and i was "okay okay if many people like him thtt's show that maybe he is good"
Oh this person was cecile alias tennistory her current official jo's webmaster...
lilibel13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:29 PM   #11
country flag 2moretogo

2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone!!!

Esha, 27, lawyer in the US (Washington DC- actually). Became a Jojo fan after his 1st round match against Roddick AO 2007. Was really impressed with his abilities and have followed his results since. (not a long time I know...)
2moretogo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #12
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

everybody
I'm Hamdanie,21, I'm French and I'm a student in languages but I pretty suck at it

I'm a JoJo fan since AO 2007 as well
amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #13
country flag abruzzi

abruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond reputeabruzzi has a reputation beyond repute

hi everyone
I'm Maya, 19, student (Media) and from Australia. I've been a Jo fan since the beginning of his career (longer than most people i know) and am only growing more inerested as his career has been taking off these past few years. First time i saw him play in person though was Australian Open final 2008 (nearly cried when he lost )
Reason for liking Jo? the obvious - he's an amazing player (possibly best i've seen)...and not bad on the eyes either!!
abruzzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:58 AM   #14
country flag soraya

soraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I am Soraya, East African living in the States. I wish I can remember the first time I saw Jo playing, it was one match, it could have been 2005 or 06. After that match I remember posting on GM asking around who was this kid and where has he been. The rest is history, I like his personality, his game and his sportmanship.
"Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”- Muhammad Ali“

————————————
soraya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote