Ernests' news thread! - Page 64 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #946
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Thanks, Cami! Well, nothing really new in the presser. Same old knee problem, same old mental breakdown during tight matches. E has not yet mastered the art of spin, or has he?

Come back well-rested and prepared for Wimbly, Ernie!
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #947
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Translation:

"I could have won the match if I had won the second set tiebreak. I think he (Almagro) would have broken down mentally in that case."

"The second set tiebreak was the deciding point in the match. It had several long rallies, and if I had won one of them the result would have been 4-5 instead of 3-6, I would have had two serves and it all could have ended differently. It was very difficult mentally to win the third set after losing the tiebreak. Almagro started playing better and better in the fourth set but I wasn't serving that well anymore. That was the deciding factor. I returned my opponent's serve rather badly today, and I myself served well in the first two sets and not that well later on."

There was a situation in the fifth game of the third set when Ernests was 0-40 down, got the result to 30-40 and then served an ace but it was called out. "I think the ball landed squarely on the line, it definitely at least touched the line. There was a similar episode in the second set tiebreak when Almagro was serving, and the umpire decided the ball had touched the line then. I don't think this episode was the deciding one in the match, but it was in the game and the set."

"I tried to play the best I could at the moment. I happened to lose today. It could have been different but I can't do anything about it anymore."

Ernests doesn't worry too much about his fall in the ranking: "I'll play qualification in some tournaments or maybe a challenger. I haven't thought about it. I believe the success will come. I already said after the Querrey match that I've worked on my fitness a lot and it should pay off. At least I hope so."

He also confirmed he doesn't plan to participate in DC against Bulgaria in July: "Our captain already commented on it. I have rather serious reasons not to play. I want to work on my fitness in that week and also take care of my injuries. I have some other problems in addition to my knee." (He didn't specify what are those additional injuries.)
Old 05-27-2009, 06:52 PM   #948
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks a lot for the translation! that's roughly what I understood, but you can never be sure with that google translator sometimes it says exactly the opposite of the original text
Old 05-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #949
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much for the translation. I just love hearing his thoughts on everything!

Hope his knee and other problems will be alright soon enough!
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #950
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately Evita skipped a fragment where Ernie was quoting one idiomatic phrase in Russian
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #951
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the translation, Evita.

Ernie , despite this loss, I really think he is beginning to get his game back on track, I watched the 1st match back and he looked so focused and into the match, which was definitely encouraging.

Hopefully he will be fully fit and raring to go during the grass season. The climb back up the rankings starts here.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #952
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

I got the overall sense of the article pretty well,hope his fitness will continue to improve. Hope the other problems he mentioned can be swiftly sorted out.

When he's at full physical strength and injury free I am certain his form will improve and the confidence in his game will grow. I hope he'll build a good team around him to support him,and help him to harness the immense talent he has and stabilise him mentally.

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #953
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Evita He really gives me a good optimistic impression. An Ernie-like one though, quite relax with everything But I like it. Take it as it comes, do your best and see what happens. Freaking out is pointless.
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #954
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadie View Post
Unfortunately Evita skipped a fragment where Ernie was quoting one idiomatic phrase in Russian
I did That's because it didn't seem relevant and I'm not an expert on Russian
Old 05-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #955
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

btw Evita, you're signature list is getting quite long But you're right to hold on until he passes R2!
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #956
country flag littlevictories

littlevictories has a reputation beyond reputelittlevictories has a reputation beyond reputelittlevictories has a reputation beyond reputelittlevictories has a reputation beyond reputelittlevictories has a reputation beyond reputelittlevictories has a reputation beyond reputelittlevictories has a reputation beyond reputelittlevictories has a reputation beyond reputelittlevictories has a reputation beyond reputelittlevictories has a reputation beyond reputelittlevictories has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the translation! seems like his attitude is maturing a lot recently, hopefully he can take his own advice and success will come soon!

Gulbis-Murray-Safin-Djokovic-Dr Ivo

full time stalker-part time poster
littlevictories is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #957
country flag ekkikossar

ekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadie View Post
Yes, that was a part I, as well, completely missed... I meant to ask you or Elena what it means but my mind went brain farting, as Z would say
ekkikossar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #958
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkikossar View Post
Yes, that was a part I, as well, completely missed... I meant to ask you or Elena what it means but my mind went brain farting, as Z would say
I wonder if they'll allow you to call the trainer for a brainfart

Thanks for the translation, guys!

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #959
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
btw Evita, you're signature list is getting quite long But you're right to hold on until he passes R2!
It's been the same length for many months now because MTF doesn't allow more than 12 lines of text in a signature. So I've been deleting the first one and adding the latest one. There was a time when all the rounds were R2
Old 05-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #960
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Translation:

"I could have won the match if I had won the second set tiebreak. I think he (Almagro) would have broken down mentally in that case."
Ernie, how can you know or assume or predict that Almagro would have broken down mentally if you had won that tiebreak? Some players do (like someone I know ) and some regroup and even go on to win the match. That kind of thinking can cause you to play complacently in the next set thinking that the other guy is already "mentally beaten" but it ain't over till the last point is played.

Anyway, thanks Evita for the translation! The best part is that he's giving interviews again. Yay! He sounds confident about his prospects, qualies and challengers notwithstanding. That's great!
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote