Ernests' news thread! - Page 60 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #886
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkikossar View Post
Right, as always we are not allowed to know the truth just imagination and speculations - gosh, Im gonna die because of this!
I didnt mean Mentalitätsproblem has a stronger meaning than mental problem, anyway. Just that if Karl didnt use that word, and the journalist still wanted to use it, the journalist may have thought to put it into quotation marks not to be responsible for using it. Even if we are used to that, it is not good to say someone has a mental problem
Right. We all know that tennis is a mental game but saying that an athlete has "mental problems" almost sounds like it has nothing to do with tennis per se but rather that the person has a fundamentally serious flaw in his character. It is troubling if taken seriously but we know that it is the wrong term to apply to Ernie.
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 08:50 PM   #887
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

okay I see where this problem comes from, the original article doesn't say anything about mental problems, it talks about problems of the mentality which is not exactly the same
Old 03-31-2009, 09:07 PM   #888
country flag ekkikossar

ekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond repute

How do they say? Lost in translation ah ah
ekkikossar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:09 PM   #889
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, a mentality problem is not necessarily a mental problem. A mentality problem is a problem with his attitude, behaviour, actions and reactions. A mental problem is far worse .
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:11 PM   #890
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Cath for clarifying. Imagine if Ernie reads that he has mental problems...
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:30 AM   #891
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

here's a similar article: http://www.laola1.at/128+M5e6b2b3a6c4.html
it has the same info (and it says Ernie is from Estonia ) but after the "mentality problem", he mentions that the victory over Novak had raised the expectations, but then with the second round loss at AO came a turning point (all KH's words).
I wish we had the full interview with KH
Old 04-01-2009, 07:46 AM   #892
country flag rafaelita

rafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
Of course, a mentality problem is not necessarily a mental problem. A mentality problem is a problem with his attitude, behaviour, actions and reactions. A mental problem is far worse .
I would rather say there are some issues when it comes to the mental preparation of the game. I guess it’s a litter nicer (and closer to what we've seen lately on courts) than ‘mental’ or ‘mentality’, right? Maybe what he meant was somehow related to ‘attitude’ indeed

I am very happy to be alive. There is much fun to be had. Music, movies, books, paintings, drawings... I hope you have these things where you are. If you have them, what does the real world matter anyway? JF - Letter for Children Of The Future

Alive with music, haunting my soul Love you more.

we are the same ♥
rafaelita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #893
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Attitude is a part of someones mentality, it's almost a synonym I think. Mindset would also be a good way to say it.

I decided to google it. We ARE lost in translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentality
a habitual or characteristic mental attitude that determines how you will interpret and respond to situations
About the article Cath found, the word 'knackpunkt' is probably very well chosen... I happen to have watched the 4th and 5th set of that AO match yesterday, and we have never seen that Erno again after that day. That match had/has a lot of consequences, inside him I wanna see him back on court, can't wait.

btw, If I type "mentality problem" in google I get 2 Latvian pages on top .
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha

Last edited by ellen_ : 04-01-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #894
country flag rafaelita

rafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
Attitude is a part of someones mentality, it's almost a synonym I think. Mindset would also be a good way to say it.

I decided to google it. We ARE lost in translation

About the article Cath found, the word 'knackpunkt' is probably very well chosen... I happen to have watched the 4th and 5th set of that AO match yesterday, and we have never seen that Erno again after that day. That match had/has a lot of consequences, inside him I wanna see him back on court, can't wait.

btw, If I type "mentality problem" in google I get 2 Latvian pages on top .
pure coincidence, I'm sure

I am very happy to be alive. There is much fun to be had. Music, movies, books, paintings, drawings... I hope you have these things where you are. If you have them, what does the real world matter anyway? JF - Letter for Children Of The Future

Alive with music, haunting my soul Love you more.

we are the same ♥
rafaelita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #895
country flag cath85

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelita View Post
pure coincidence, I'm sure
yeah right
Old 04-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #896
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

The only person who can put this side of his character/personality right is Erno He needs to admit he has a problem with anger and a very low tolerance level,then he will get guidance to change(if he wants to which I am sure he does) His emotions are affecting his ability to perform at his best level He is highly strung person I think(I know I am) I feel sorry for he and Karl. Breaking up is hard to do

Its not easy to conquer and it will take time,but positive thinking and a realisation that he's not a bad person because he gets angry,makes mistakes - will make him feel better altogether and he will be able to channel the pent up aggression into positive energy. The key is to find someone with the knowledge and the patience to help Erno with this problem so that he can flourish to the level he's capable of. Good luck Erno

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #897
country flag ekkikossar

ekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa should lend Erno el tio Toni for the clay season, then you would see what a change...!
ekkikossar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #898
country flag cath85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkikossar View Post
Rafa should lend Erno el tio Toni for the clay season, then you would see what a change...!
haha we wish but I don't think he'll lend el tío toni to anyone. he knows what he's worth and will hold on tight to him
Old 04-16-2009, 11:24 PM   #899
country flag cath85

so apprently erno did film an ad for adidas like Nole did! at least if I understood the translation of this article well:
http://www.tvnet.lv/sports/citi/teni....php?id=177513

any other info on this?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #900
country flag ellen_

Nole's ad was for Head. Let's hope it's as good as that one And it will be available soon