Ernests' news thread! - Page 57 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 02-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #841
country flag ClubFed
Registered User
 
ClubFed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: missing running into Gilles every afternoon
Age: 23
Posts: 1,347
ClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

I think it's odd also. I mean, I know he's not exactly big on attention and such things, but he has to inform others on how he's doing. Even the busiest players have time for interviews and such after matches. And it's not really just that he doesn't give post-match interviews to the Latvian press, it's that he doesn't do post-match interviews on a regular basis for the tennis press. There are interviews here and there, and a lot of those are featured articles (ie: the Tennis Magazine ones), most of which are composed of information collected from his past interviews.
__________________
ERNESTS ~ GILLES ~ MARAT ~ NOLE ~ MARIO ~ MARIN ~ SIMONE ~ JEREMY


"Tennis players are such hoes. It's embarassing." -MarieS
ClubFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-26-2009, 10:06 PM   #842
country flag ellen_
Registered User
 
ellen_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 13,065
ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFed View Post
I think it's odd also. I mean, I know he's not exactly big on attention and such things, but he has to inform others on how he's doing. Even the busiest players have time for interviews and such after matches. And it's not really just that he doesn't give post-match interviews to the Latvian press, it's that he doesn't do post-match interviews on a regular basis for the tennis press. There are interviews here and there, and a lot of those are featured articles (ie: the Tennis Magazine ones), most of which are composed of information collected from his past interviews.
He just can't afford a manager who takes care of all that and who can make him earn more money He's in a huge vicious circle.

__________________
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:06 AM   #843
country flag Truedaisy
Registered User
 
Truedaisy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in a field
Posts: 825
Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFed View Post
I think it's odd also. I mean, I know he's not exactly big on attention and such things, but he has to inform others on how he's doing. Even the busiest players have time for interviews and such after matches. And it's not really just that he doesn't give post-match interviews to the Latvian press, it's that he doesn't do post-match interviews on a regular basis for the tennis press. There are interviews here and there, and a lot of those are featured articles (ie: the Tennis Magazine ones), most of which are composed of information collected from his past interviews.
Could it be that the tennis press in general do not seek him out for post-match interviews on a regular basis? Maybe they can't justify the time and the ink for someone ranked #43, and who keeps losing in the 2nd round (and now 1st round)?
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:45 AM   #844
country flag cath85
Registered User
 
cath85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,850
cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truedaisy View Post
Could it be that the tennis press in general do not seek him out for post-match interviews on a regular basis? Maybe they can't justify the time and the ink for someone ranked #43, and who keeps losing in the 2nd round (and now 1st round)?
yeah I think that's what it is. he could give interviews to Latvian press though, he's still number 1 there
__________________
OFFICIAL GULBISTARD
cath85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:21 AM   #845
country flag Truedaisy
Registered User
 
Truedaisy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in a field
Posts: 825
Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath85 View Post
he could give interviews to Latvian press though, he's still number 1 there
I agree...if he does give more interviews to the Latvian press, which he should, it would just get shredded for us by the google translator.
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:26 AM   #846
country flag meitene
Registered User
 
meitene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 267
meitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

i can translate, but it's just not worth it. the writer clearly has no class, the "article" was published on a 100% Gossip website.. No facts are given, just the author's opinion on how Ernie's father has too much control over his son's decisions.

Oh, and about the "white gloves". It's an expression in Latvian by which the author meant that the Latvian press was "keeping Ernie in white gloves", that is prevented him from stupid gossip so far.. which is definitely not true, as several big news websites in Latvia published the infamous "suicide attempt" story.. :/
meitene is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #847
country flag cath85
Registered User
 
cath85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,850
cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meitene View Post
i can translate, but it's just not worth it. the writer clearly has no class, the "article" was published on a 100% Gossip website.. No facts are given, just the author's opinion on how Ernie's father has too much control over his son's decisions.

Oh, and about the "white gloves". It's an expression in Latvian by which the author meant that the Latvian press was "keeping Ernie in white gloves", that is prevented him from stupid gossip so far.. which is definitely not true, as several big news websites in Latvia published the infamous "suicide attempt" story.. :/
thanks a lot for the precisions. I guess it's not worth translating the whole thing, but being sure that we didn't miss anything important is already something
__________________
OFFICIAL GULBISTARD
cath85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 AM   #848
country flag meitene
Registered User
 
meitene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 267
meitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

here's the first part, rough translated in 2 seconds: (i was too lazy to look at how google translated it, so apologize if it's the same thing)

Why Ernests Gulbis doesn't give interviews? Is it his father's influence?

Many an article was written about the parent-child relationships in sports... and it would take a long time to count all those instances when parents screw up their kids, even though they wish well.

That is the case here in Latvia, as well. People talk about it standing next to playing courts/fields, and if anyone thinks that I'm wrong, I urge you to go to a children hockey practice, where there are so many "coaches" sitting in the bleachers, that the real coach has no say in how to run it.

The same could be applied to basketball, football (soccer), and many other sports.
_______________________________________

And then they go on about how online there could only be found the typical phrases from Gulbis, like "I made a lot of mistakes; It was not my lucky day; my opponent was in a better shape, etc". We only hear him talk in greater detail after the official press conferences. Then they compare Ernie to the Latvian hockey super-stars who did the same thing. Nothing is heard from Gulbis for over a year now. What could be the reason for his "silence"?.. blah blah blah..

After the Olympics it seemed to the author of the "article" that Ernests was caught someplace he just couldn't resist to say a few words to the press about how he played. After the long research, the author couldn't find any articles in which Gulbis was bashing the press, so there is no evidence that Ernests despises the journalists.

Then, they author comes to the conclusion that it is his father, Ainaars, who has the total control over Ernie, tells him whether to speak, whom to speak to, and which coach to choose. (with no evidence whatsoever..)

The last paragraph talks about how Gulbis is not a baby anymore and can make his own decisions.. and how some parents have very high expectations when they send their hockey-playing kids to play for the NHL.. random much?
meitene is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 AM   #849
country flag ellen_
Registered User
 
ellen_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 13,065
ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meitene View Post
here's the first part, rough translated in 2 seconds: (i was too lazy to look at how google translated it, so apologize if it's the same thing)

Why Ernests Gulbis doesn't give interviews? Is it his father's influence?

Many an article was written about the parent-child relationships in sports... and it would take a long time to count all those instances when parents screw up their kids, even though they wish well.

That is the case here in Latvia, as well. People talk about it standing next to playing courts/fields, and if anyone thinks that I'm wrong, I urge you to go to a children hockey practice, where there are so many "coaches" sitting in the bleachers, that the real coach has no say in how to run it.

The same could be applied to basketball, football (soccer), and many other sports.
_______________________________________

And then they go on about how online there could only be found the typical phrases from Gulbis, like "I made a lot of mistakes; It was not my lucky day; my opponent was in a better shape, etc". We only hear him talk in greater detail after the official press conferences. Then they compare Ernie to the Latvian hockey super-stars who did the same thing. Nothing is heard from Gulbis for over a year now. What could be the reason for his "silence"?.. blah blah blah..

After the Olympics it seemed to the author of the "article" that Ernests was caught someplace he just couldn't resist to say a few words to the press about how he played. After the long research, the author couldn't find any articles in which Gulbis was bashing the press, so there is no evidence that Ernests despises the journalists.

Then, they author comes to the conclusion that it is his father, Ainaars, who has the total control over Ernie, tells him whether to speak, whom to speak to, and which coach to choose. (with no evidence whatsoever..)

The last paragraph talks about how Gulbis is not a baby anymore and can make his own decisions.. and how some parents have very high expectations when they send their hockey-playing kids to play for the NHL.. random much?
He's not? So I am no baby either?



Article is indeed rubbish, but thanks anyway
__________________
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #850
country flag jitterbug
Registered User
 
jitterbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gillou's hair
Age: 27
Posts: 11,484
jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

A Google translation... Because I'm lazy:

Quote:
Gulbis has suspended cooperation with the Veter

by Juris Purmalis

Latvia's best tennis Ernests Gulbis, who this week with a match against Marcos Bagdati start Miami "1000 Masters Tour" tournament, ceased cooperation with the Austrian coach Karlheincu Vetere.

Swan and Veterai collaboration lasted a little over a year. During Latvia's best managed to enter the ATP tennis ranking četrdesmitniekā (38.vieta), play the Olympic tournament, the French Open championship to aizspēlēties quarter. But since last August Ernestam any tournament failed to get beyond the second round. Rather, it is a psychological crisis, but also changing the coach, as can be overwritten.

Currently, ATP obstacles Stingray is 43.vietā.

http://parsportu.lv/articles/11/19453/
The first comment said Ernie should look into changing not his coach, but his dad

Mind you, they didn't cite a source for that 'news'.

They're also using one of Fitz's Cincy photos as the illustration sans credit - I don't think the big man will be too happy about that
__________________
novakdjokovic marioancic andymurray ernestsgulbis richardgasquet stanislaswawrinka


The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis


Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them

Last edited by jitterbug : 03-25-2009 at 01:18 PM.
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #851
country flag ellen_
Registered User
 
ellen_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 13,065
ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
A Google translation... Because I'm lazy:



The first comment said Ernie should look into changing not his coach, but his dad

Mind you, they didn't cite a source for that 'news'.

They're also using one of Fitz's Cincy photos as the illustration sans credit - I don't think the big man will be too happy about that
Well, if he could... . I'd say he should find another coach, and his dad should find another hobby Ernie and his dad seem to be close, but he has business to do... Maybe Ainars should stop supporting him however things go, because that's what it looks like right now.

But no confirmation, indeed. Maybe we have stories about no Karl at his match today

Zahirah, where does the quote from Murray comes from? He saw something flying around during his match and wondered what it was?
__________________
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #852
country flag jitterbug
Registered User
 
jitterbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gillou's hair
Age: 27
Posts: 11,484
jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
Zahirah, where does the quote from Murray comes from? He saw something flying around during his match and wondered what it was?

Just Andy yelling at himself after he dumped his squillionth unforced error into the net during the IW finals
__________________
novakdjokovic marioancic andymurray ernestsgulbis richardgasquet stanislaswawrinka


The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis


Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #853
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!
 
-Evita-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,200
-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Yeah, I'm not sure we can trust this bit of news without a proper source. But we can hope

I liked the third comment the best, it said that Melzer improved a lot after ditching Wetter
__________________
한국어 너무 좋아요
-Evita- is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #854
country flag cath85
Registered User
 
cath85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,850
cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

I'm looking forward to "real" news about this, there's gotta be a reason for them writing they stopped working together! has karl been seen in IW with them?
__________________
OFFICIAL GULBISTARD
cath85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #855
country flag schorsch
Registered User
 
schorsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,624
schorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Every player is required to do press for the tournament after a match for at least 20-30 minutes.
You don't have to do press outside tournaments if you don't want to obviously, but if you don't attend those during the tournament - win or loss, doesn't matter - you get fined.

Vaidisova stopped giving interviews during her slump, she just didn't want to deal with that and had no nerves for the annoying press asking her the same things over and over again as she had enough on her mind already, so she just didn't attend those press conferences and paid the fines.

I wonder if Ernests is at least giving those interviews or not. If he is then the Latvian press should be able to get them, if he isn't then
__________________
Djokovic
Davydenko, Baghdatis, Tipsarevic, Wawrinka, Gulbis, Troicki, Kyrgios
Sharapova, Jankovic, Zvonareva, Kirilenko, Vesnina, Dokic, Bacsinszky, Jovanovski, Pironkova
schorsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios