Ernests' news thread! - Page 53 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #781
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

I'm with another Ernie's interview to NTV+ http://ntvplus.ru/sport-news?news_id=12901

Ernests Gulbis: `Igor struggled right to the end, that's why he won `
-It was your first five sets match in GS, wasn't it? I guess you gained great experience today.
The experience was great indeed, and well done Igor. I was suprised how he managed to get concentrated. I've already made a break, and many other players would probably be playing with some thoughts of bad in the mind. But Igor got focused, he struggled right to the end and that's why he won.

-You know Igor told us the same about you. Many others would already lose courage after the first two sets and he was amazed, how you got focused and how you began to play.
It is even easier to play when you have already lost first and second sets. You think you have nothing to lose. The hardest thing for me is always how to play first set, till I don't begin to realize what happens on court. Of course I didn't play my best tennis today, the wind was blowing hard, i think it bothered us both. Anyway, I was able to play third and fourth set with more ease than first two sets. And in fifth set we both played better than in previous sets. We played long rallies but I was little less fit than Igor.

-Did you get cramps?

It began in the last set but it didn't influence much on the play. It affected indeed in the last game, when it was 40-0 on my serve, I tried to take longer pauses before playing next point because I got cramps in my legs. Igor chose the right tactics against me, he played to my backhand and well ran to my forehand`s size. He hit a great forehand. I couldn`t deal with it because my backhand is a bit flat. I was about to put Igor under pressure but I didn’t do that, and Igor got much of what he wanted to do. I began to play a bit more aggressive in 3th and 4th sets, I began to play shots down the line and that`s why something changed.

-It looked like in first two sets your reaction to Igor serve was not so good.
He had better serve in the first and the second sets, but during the third set he teared stomach muscle and wasn't able to serve well, and it became easier for me to return. During the first and second sets I wasn’t 100% in the game, some times the beginning matches come out to be great and some times it is like it was today.
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #782
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nadia He sounds like a different Ernie to me I can't find weird or funny things in the interview.
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #783
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
Thanks Nadia He sounds like a different Ernie to me I can't find weird or funny things in the interview.
indeed a serious interview what the hell did he eat that day?

thanks nadia
Old 01-23-2009, 08:23 PM   #784
country flag Nanda

Nanda has a reputation beyond reputeNanda has a reputation beyond reputeNanda has a reputation beyond reputeNanda has a reputation beyond reputeNanda has a reputation beyond reputeNanda has a reputation beyond reputeNanda has a reputation beyond reputeNanda has a reputation beyond reputeNanda has a reputation beyond reputeNanda has a reputation beyond reputeNanda has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Nadia!
Nanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #785
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
no entertainment this time, sorry
Old 01-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #786
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much Nadia for that interview!
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #787
country flag Proxima2

Proxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Nadia!
Proxima2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #788
country flag MissT

MissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing about him and Azarenka?I mean those rumours who says that they are together

Andy Roddick : Maestro of broken raquettes

WTA Queens
: Sharapova & Jankovic
MissT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #789
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissT View Post
Nothing about him and Azarenka?I mean those rumours who says that they are together
No rumours, she was seen at his practice session and his match. No one said they are together... they should take care of that on their own anyway.
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
Old 01-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #790
country flag MissT

MissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No rumours, she was seen at his practice session and his match. No one said they are together... they should take care of that on their own anyway.
Thanks Ellen if you found anything else about it can you post it in the forum?

Andy Roddick : Maestro of broken raquettes

WTA Queens
: Sharapova & Jankovic
MissT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #791
country flag Nadie

Ernests probably will play Heilbronn challenger next week at least local media names him as potential WC

Quote:
Kandidaten für die Freikarte gibt es viele, beispielsweise Rainer Schüttler (aktuell die Nummer 33 der Welt) und Ernests Gulbis (52). Der 20-Jährige aus Riga hatte in Talheim vor zwei Jahren im Halbfinale gestanden. Und Uli Eimüllner hat da noch eine E-Mail-Anfrage von Stefan Edberg. Die lebende schwedische Tennislegende habe einen sehr aussichtsreichen jungen Landsmann angepriesen
http://www.stimme.de/sport/mix/Heilb...t16469,1443148
Old 01-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #792
country flag ellen_

Do you know how close that is to us, Cath?

I'm not trying to unfluence you but Olivier Rochus will play his first match of the season there

Last edited by ellen_ : 01-24-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #793
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you know how close that is to us, Cath?

I'm not trying to unfluence you but Olivier Rochus will play his first match of the season there
omg! I'm trying to get my hopes up, but it really isn't far!!
Old 01-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #794
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Ernie AND Adrian Mannarino in Heilbronn? Oh, I'd sell my soul for a private jet!

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #795
country flag cath85

google maps says it's 3 hours and one minute to drive from where I live no I'm not starting to dream