Ernests' news thread! - Page 52 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #766
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

spoilt child Ernests' interview to NTV+ Tennis channel: http://ntvplus.ru/sport-news?news_id=12833

Ernests Gulbis: "I know well Andreev's play"

-When we talked to you last time, it was at St.-Petersburg tournament, and you could hardly wait for going on vacation. Tell us, how did you spend the time?
Yes, it was difficult in St.-Petersburg, I was a bit sick of playing. After that I went home, I stayed there for a month doing nothing. I went to bed at 5 AM, got up at 5 PM and so all month long. Then on December, 6 I flew to Hawaii and practiced together with Igor Kunitsyn. I am prepared well and now play ok.
-How do you find Melbourne heat? How did you manage to survive such a hot day?
It was terrible. It was cold during first days here, but yesterday and today it is +40C, and there is a wind blowing from the desert. If it is just hot, it is OK for me, but when there`s also wind, it becomes very difficult to play. I don`t like much to play in the wind, of course if I’m focused on match, then I am able to deal even with such weather conditions, but sometimes some bad thoughts come to my mind, and then I cannot play in the wind. But today I managed to do it.
-You completed the match today so quickly.
Yes, because I served well, we played many short points, we also played some long rallies but there weren`t long games. I converted all my breakpoints on the first try.
- Andreev and Polansky are now playing, one of them will be your next round opponent. Are you going there to watch?
I never do, my coach went there to watch. I know Igor well, we practiced together several times. I don`t know Polansky at all, but my coach will go and see.

Janis I remembered you used to upload some Ernie's interview to NTV+ here. Maybe you have recorded this one accidentally
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #767
country flag Proxima2

Proxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Nadia for the info and translation
Seems that Ernests had a great time in Latvia
Proxima2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #768
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

thank you!!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #769
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Nadia He went to bed at 5am and got up at 5pm So he knows how we feel right now! At least he could sleep until 5pm, I'm up already But we stay up to watch tennis these days, I wonder what he's been doing
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #770
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Nadia, thanks for posting the interview! It's nice to know a little about Ernests outside the context of tennis. What a night owl he is!
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #771
country flag ekkikossar

ekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much, nadia, for translating that.
Im happy to know he managed to get back his natural biorhythm at least for one month! I can totally imagine him getting up at 5 pm, all uncombed, asking "so, what are we gonna do tonight?"
ekkikossar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #772
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what sort of "nothing" he could be doing all night long... I'd like to think that on one of those nights he visited this forum, read all our chatter about him and was amused.
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #773
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

I really think he does sometimes Now again, with the green shirt. I'm really going to freak out if he isn't wearing yellow anymore in his match
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #774
country flag ChocGeek

ChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond repute

Ernie is hilarious! Looks like "nothing" is his favourite word. I was wondering, how could he have possibly did nothing for 1 month? Doesn't he make coffee in the morning or something? Oh, ernie...

Mario AncicNovak DjokovicMarat SafinAndy Murray

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
ChocGeek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #775
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truedaisy View Post
I wonder what sort of "nothing" he could be doing all night long... I'd like to think that on one of those nights he visited this forum, read all our chatter about him and was amused.
I'm sure he does sometimes lurk in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocGeek View Post
Ernie is hilarious! Looks like "nothing" is his favourite word. I was wondering, how could he have possibly did nothing for 1 month? Doesn't he make coffee in the morning or something? Oh, ernie...
he can't have done "nothing". wasn't he a hyperactive child? he must have done SOMEthing. and btw wasn't he supposed to study?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #776
country flag ClubFed

ClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond repute

Ernie's got a weird body clock. He'd do well if he was us: livescoring in the wee hours of the morning. I don't know how he can sleep until 5pm. No matter how late I stay up, I always wake up around 12-1pm. Crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath
and btw wasn't he supposed to study?
I forgot about that! Maybe he's like me, cramming in a days worth of studying into one night/morning.

"Tennis players are such hoes. It's embarassing." -MarieS
ClubFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:20 PM   #777
country flag cath85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFed View Post
Ernie's got a weird body clock. He'd do well if he was us: livescoring in the wee hours of the morning. I don't know how he can sleep until 5pm. No matter how late I stay up, I always wake up around 12-1pm. Crazy.
what I don't get is how can he sleep for 12 hours in a row? lol
Old 01-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #778
country flag ClubFed

ClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly!!! I really can't, no matter how tired I am.

"Tennis players are such hoes. It's embarassing." -MarieS
ClubFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:12 AM   #779
country flag ekkikossar

ekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath85 View Post
what I don't get is how can he sleep for 12 hours in a row? lol
oh its not so difficult, trust me. I can sleep even more than 12 hours in a row. Moreover, once you got the rhythm, you can not sleep less than that (actually you could, if in emergency state, but it's sooooo hard to do... expecially if you have NOTHING to go during day).
ekkikossar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:13 AM   #780
country flag ChocGeek

ChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond reputeChocGeek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath85 View Post

he can't have done "nothing". wasn't he a hyperactive child? he must have done SOMEthing. and btw wasn't he supposed to study?
Exactly He stays up till 5am and does nothing productive? Interesting!

Mario AncicNovak DjokovicMarat SafinAndy Murray

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
ChocGeek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote