Ernests' news thread! - Page 46 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #676
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
A while ago I was having a conversation with Camilla (I think) on msn and I was wondering how Erno makes his schedule. I was imagining him and Karl sitting on a deck next to the beach of Hawaii during sunset, with a glass of wine I think I might be right afterall... and there might have been too much wine and too little light to make a decent schedule
that conversation was with me

but you could be so right, but I think they started with the schedule after the second bottle imagine they got more and more drunk while making the schedule for the following months
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2008, 09:34 PM   #677
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

They would just fly all over the world. I imagine them saying to each other "We should go there because the food is great there, and afterwards we go there because of the good wine" ... without concidering they're flying from Australia to Europe to US and back

I hope he likes something in Rotterdam then
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #678
country flag ClubFed

ClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath85
but you could be so right, but I think they started with the schedule after the second bottle imagine they got more and more drunk while making the schedule for the following months

Well, since Ernie claims he only drinks water, a bottle might've been his limit. He must've been really drunk with the second bottle

"Tennis players are such hoes. It's embarassing." -MarieS
ClubFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #679
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
They would just fly all over the world. I imagine them saying to each other "We should go there because the food is great there, and afterwards we go there because of the good wine" ... without concidering they're flying from Australia to Europe to US and back

I hope he likes something in Rotterdam then
something?? I think I know what you mean, my friends were talking about how rotterdam is the best place to get drugs the other day. I didn't tell them I was maybe going in a few weeks
Old 12-08-2008, 09:46 PM   #680
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't talking about anything!! What are you accusing me of? I didn't even think about that, serious.

But Daddy Ainars and Mommy Milena smoke...so why not?
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
Old 12-08-2008, 10:01 PM   #681
country flag ClubFed

ClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he'd already gone to Rotterdam before he made his schedule

"Tennis players are such hoes. It's embarassing." -MarieS
ClubFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #682
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Ernie. I hope he gets the controversy resolved in a good way so he can just focus on his tennis.
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #683
country flag ellen_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFed View Post
Maybe he'd already gone to Rotterdam before he made his schedule
That could be another explanation for this schedule, indeed But I hope not! Rotterdam is more beautiful in February, let's say around the 9th

Old 12-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #684
country flag underyourbridge

underyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond repute

As expected, he will play in Auckland...
Quote:
Gulbis will play in Heineken Open
9/12/2008 11:40 a.m.

The agent of Latvian player Ernests Gulbis has confirmed he will play in the Heineken Open, not the AAMI Classic in Melbourne

Latvian star Ernests Gulbis is set to stay put and play in next month's Heineken Open in Auckland.

Gulbis' name appeared on entry lists for both the Auckland ATP event and the AAMI Classic exhibition event in Melbourne.

His US-based agent Tom Ross says there has clearly been as mix up, but once a player enters an ATP tournament, it takes precedence over exhibitions. Ross says what is good news for Auckland is bad news for AAMI Classic tournament director Colin Stubbs.

The 20-year-old Latvian player is one of the big drawcards for Auckland, despite his ranking just outside the world's top 50. Gulbis rose to prominence this year by reaching the quarter-finals at the French Open.
underyourbridge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #685
country flag cath85

thanks for the update. I guess it's also bad news for Z
Old 12-08-2008, 11:28 PM   #686
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Don't feel sorry for me I'm having an amazing summer and the consequences of Ernie's silliness must be his to bear - no point in ruining my day moping about it.

My friend's applying to get me media accreditation to the Sydney tournament and I'm also volunteering there for qualies

EDIT: I took a look at the flight schedules and somebody in Ernie's team probably needs to be fired right now He'll need to take a 4-hour flight from Brisbane to Auckland and another 4-hour one to get to Melbourne. If he really wanted real match practice, Sydney is just a one-hour flight from both Brisbane and Melbourne

In all seriousness, though, this probably just ruined whatever kind of goodwill there is that existed between him and the Kooyong organisers. They'll probably think twice before inviting him to play there again.

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them

Last edited by jitterbug : 12-08-2008 at 11:39 PM.
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:38 AM   #687
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jittbug View Post

In all seriousness, though, this probably just ruined whatever kind of goodwill there is that existed between him and the Kooyong organisers. They'll probably think twice before inviting him to play there again.
I HOPE NOT. I can understand that this would seriously upset the Kooyong organizers but it seems to be just a really stupid mistake on Ernie's team's part, and not done with malicious intent. His team had better get it together and whoever got him in this mess should be fired. Anyway, all the hoopla just shows what a big draw Ernie has become in spite of his ranking. And if he makes a bigger splash in 2009, it would be in the tournament's best interests to have him play there in 2010. And it would do Ernie good to make amends with them then!
Old 12-09-2008, 02:47 AM   #688
country flag Truedaisy

And good luck Zahirah in getting media accreditation! It would be really nice to have someone report from deep inside the tournament!
Old 12-09-2008, 02:59 AM   #689
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truedaisy View Post
Anyway, all the hoopla just shows what a big draw Ernie has become in spite of his ranking.
Considering how slow business is in the off-season, I'm thinking any news would be big news for the general tennis media right now...

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #690
country flag merdenoms

merdenoms is on a distinguished road

i hate what's happening right now.. i don't know hoe erno will get out of this sticky situation..
merdenoms is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote