Ernests' news thread! - Page 44 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #646
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

that's really weird I'm wondering what the point in voting is now
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #647
country flag Proxima2

Proxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's weird… Maybe someone uses a software that helps to change the adress IP all the time… So, he can vote "300" times in the same day
Proxima2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #648
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, I don't know. Like Di said, either they subtracted votes from outside of Latvia or they subtracted votes made by the same person through illicit means. I'm not going to send them an e-mail, it's not worth it. The important thing is that Ernests will participate in the telephone voting
Old 12-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #649
country flag ekkikossar

ekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20...Ernests_Gulbis
ekkikossar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #650
country flag rafaelita

rafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkikossar View Post
Interesting reading
The only thing that's still frustrating is that 'but' that has been following the 'he has it all' phrase Let's hope it won't be there next season. I'm already biting my nails waiting for the off-season to end.

I am very happy to be alive. There is much fun to be had. Music, movies, books, paintings, drawings... I hope you have these things where you are. If you have them, what does the real world matter anyway? JF - Letter for Children Of The Future

Alive with music, haunting my soul Love you more.

we are the same ♥
rafaelita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #651
country flag ekkikossar

ekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond repute

The most scary sentence to me is "He could be the No. 1 player in the world in a matter of two or three years. He could also be out of the Top 100 by the summer of 2009. (Neither would be surprising. It all depends on what is going on inside his head.)"
But still I would be surprised if he was out of the top 100 by next summer. From my point of view, this CANT be possible. I mean, he's not THAT erratic!

Anyway, I liked "the sky is the limit". A bit hyperbolic, but nice...
Old 12-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #652
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks! I love the article too.
this part is the scariest to me: "2009 is an absolutely huge year for the 20-year-old. Another 10 months with Gulbis stuck in neutral could cripple his confidence and make the concerns over whether or not he will actually live up to all the hype louder than they already are." I guess 2009 will be crucial in any way...

oh and can I add something: I miss him (I know I said I don't have time to miss him, but reading an article like this has a bad effect)
Old 12-03-2008, 03:34 AM   #653
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the post, Camilla! Ricky Dimon is a huge fan of Ernie. I read his blog after he saw Ernie's USO match against Robredo. Totally bowled over. (Weren't we all?) Like any huge fan, he has very high expectations of Ernie and gets very disappointed with the bad results. So he makes some grim predictions to guard against disappointment IN CASE Ernie doesn't live up to expectations. On one hand he thinks "the sky is the limit" for Ernie and then on the other that he could be out of the top 100 within the year. C'mon, that's pretty wild. Ernie will have to be injured to lose his ranking that fast, or lose his mind (God forbid) I'll pray that neither of those will happen.....
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #654
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the author of that article is a pretty big Ernie fan so you have to take what he writes with a grain of salt. He's the same Dominator133 that had joined this board for a while but then got banned several times, I'm not really sure what was the reason. See here one of his posts about Gulbis.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #655
country flag merdenoms

merdenoms is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath85 View Post
thanks! I love the article too.
this part is the scariest to me: "2009 is an absolutely huge year for the 20-year-old. Another 10 months with Gulbis stuck in neutral could cripple his confidence and make the concerns over whether or not he will actually live up to all the hype louder than they already are." I guess 2009 will be crucial in any way...

oh and can I add something: I miss him (I know I said I don't have time to miss him, but reading an article like this has a bad effect)
i read this article last night and i'm actually quite happy that we're still getting some erno write-ups even though the 2008 season is already over.i am quite nervous about the 2009 season though. but i would have to agree with you cath on this! this article also makes me miss ernests even more! law school is pretty taxing right now but i still find a lot of time to miss him..unfortunately..
merdenoms is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #656
country flag yaniss

yaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond repute

Ernests will play at Heineken Open international 1/12/2009. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=10546357 I guess he will not play Kooyong then, because it is the same week
Old 12-03-2008, 09:28 PM   #657
country flag cath85

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaniss View Post
Ernests will play at Heineken Open international 1/12/2009. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=10546357 I guess he will not play Kooyong then, because it is the same week
that's weird indeed it's hard to find out things about events like kooyong, but on their website, they still mention his name...
but thanks for the info
Old 12-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #658
country flag ekkikossar

mmm... *me scratching my head* I find this news very strange. Moreover I cant find his name on the Heineken Open website (maybe its too early?)... while, as Cath said, it is still present in Kooyong. Couldnt it be possible that the journalist got confused and wrote something not precise?
However, I hope he will go to Kooyong: Z got the tickets, and of course Kooyong will be a great event even without Ernie...but, well, will it be the same?
Old 12-04-2008, 07:21 AM   #659
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond repute

So I guess he's not playing Sydney??
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #660
country flag x-flowers-x

x-flowers-x is on a distinguished road

Can you only vote once a day?
x-flowers-x is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote