Ernests' news thread! - Page 38 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2008, 03:10 PM   #556
country flag rafaelita

rafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Exactly my thought, which homepage?

Thanks for the link, Stella. I'm wondering if it is a good thing that this is brought up again (by the media).

I am very happy to be alive. There is much fun to be had. Music, movies, books, paintings, drawings... I hope you have these things where you are. If you have them, what does the real world matter anyway? JF - Letter for Children Of The Future

Alive with music, haunting my soul Love you more.

we are the same ♥
rafaelita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #557
country flag estrela

estrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link Stella

@ the last sentence. Maybe they mean Zahirah and Erica's site

estrela is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:35 PM   #558
country flag merdenoms

merdenoms is on a distinguished road

thanx for the link! i still feel so sorry for him though..
merdenoms is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #559
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima2 View Post
No news but another article (this time in english) about the accident:
http://www.baltictimes.com/news/articles/21671/

I like the last sentence…

Homepage for Gulbis? Is it up already or are they talking about Zahirah's and Erica's fansite? Wow! Anything goes these days in the world of journalism!
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:40 PM   #560
country flag yaniss

yaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truedaisy View Post
Homepage for Gulbis? Is it up already or are they talking about Zahirah's and Erica's fansite? Wow! Anything goes these days in the world of journalism!
You should not be wondering about quality of Latvian journalism. Not the most well paid profession at all in Latvia and results prove that. What can you expect from a hungry student?
Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #561
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaniss View Post
You should not be wondering about quality of Latvian journalism. Not the most well paid profession at all in Latvia and results prove that. What can you expect from a hungry student?
I think the problem is not only in Latvia even in countries where they are paid more, they keep writing crap
Old 10-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #562
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima2 View Post
No news but another article (this time in english) about the accident:
http://www.baltictimes.com/news/articles/21671/

I like the last sentence…
Quote:
I'm sorry about the state of Latvian journalism. Unfortunately it happens a lot, not only in Latvia, where quality is undermined by lack of pay, sad to say. The website says "Baltic Times" so I assumed the article was written by a professional journalist and not by a hungry student. On the other hand, perhaps something got mistranslated. Maybe they meant "fansite of Gulbis" as in, Z's and Erica's site!
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:00 PM   #563
country flag Proxima2

Proxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yaniss, we were not laughing at the Latvian journalism…
For me, the worst in the sentence is more "the day after the accident" than "the homepage of Gulbis", if you know what I mean …because the waiting for all of us was AWFUL…
Proxima2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:43 PM   #564
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Gee, his homepage, eh? I wasn't aware our site got an upgrade....

Quote:
The announcement that Gulbis will not participate in the tournaments of this season and concentrate on the next season was posted on the homepage of Gulbis the day after the accident.
It was just a coincidence it wasn't like he rang me and Erica up and said: "Hey girls, I picked up a stupid cut in St Petes, but can you cook up a more respectable injury so that it'd sound better when I skip Bercy?"

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #565
country flag erica

erica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
It was just a coincidence it wasn't like he rang me and Erica up and said: "Hey girls, I picked up a stupid cut in St Petes, but can you cook up a more respectable injury so that it'd sound better when I skip Bercy?"
Oh, I forgot to tell you?

erica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #566
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica View Post
Oh, I forgot to tell you?

Shush, we don't need to tell that to the lurking journalists

Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
Old 10-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #567
country flag ekkikossar

ekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hungry students everywhere, or at least so it seems.
Thing is that Gulbis is not an athlete the media focus on continuously, so when something happens to him, they just try to search for some information the more quickly they can. and they do crappy works. as we see, they dont even know which kind of sources they use. luckily for them, Z and Erica's site is the most reliable source about Erno in the whole world, until now.
ekkikossar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #568
country flag jitterbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkikossar View Post
luckily for them, Z and Erica's site is the most reliable source about Erno in the whole world, until now.
Are you implying we stuffed up?

Quote:
Old 11-01-2008, 01:45 AM   #569
country flag EternalxJourney

EternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow what a week I missed out on! Speedy recovery, Ernie! So it seems like the Latvians drink more than just water.
EternalxJourney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #570
country flag ekkikossar

ekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you implying we stuffed up?
Not at all... maybe I should have wrote "so far" instead of "until now"? English doubts of an idiot italian girl; forgive my dumbness, world. Anyway, Z., all I meant is that probably when Ernests' official site will work, that site will be the most reliable source.
ekkikossar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote