Ernests' news thread! - Page 36 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #526
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
why can't we talk about it here? What's wrong with the posts?
I don't think she was mad at us, more about the whole situation itself and how nobody seems to have concrete evidence of what happened and the nauseating possibility that this thing could be somebody's idea of a joke.

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2008, 09:03 AM   #527
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Oh okay thx
I didn't want to believe she was mad at us but I kept interpreting that sentence in another way.
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #528
country flag rafaelita

rafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
I don't think she was mad at us, more about the whole situation itself and how nobody seems to have concrete evidence of what happened and the nauseating possibility that this thing could be somebody's idea of a joke.

why would i be mad at someone? i said i was mad about how things are going, meaning that the lack of official information is sickening to me and speculating is making it worse. and when i say speculating i'm not referring to someone in particular; i'm tempted to go that way too and i don't want to.

there’s nothing wrong with posting on this subject. that’s why we’re here, to talk about stuff, right? again, just to make things clear, it was about the situation itself, not about the posts. it seems that lack of sleep is not good for me today . maybe I should get some sleep too .

ellen, sorry if it bothered you. i was complaining about this status quo. i hope it's all ok now.

I am very happy to be alive. There is much fun to be had. Music, movies, books, paintings, drawings... I hope you have these things where you are. If you have them, what does the real world matter anyway? JF - Letter for Children Of The Future

Alive with music, haunting my soul Love you more.

we are the same ♥
rafaelita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #529
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

I think WE can speculate, but the media can't. We only get incorrect/not enough information, so I think we can talk about it indeed. Anyway, of course it's all okay now I think I'm a bit agitated so never mind. I have to go to work at 1pm, those kids are going to have a hard time with me today...
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #530
country flag rafaelita

rafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
I think WE can speculate, but the media can't. We only get incorrect/not enough information, so I think we can talk about it indeed. Anyway, of course it's all okay now I think I'm a bit agitated so never mind. I have to go to work at 1pm, those kids are going to have a hard time with me today...
yeah, we can speculate alright. but i won't, because it'll make me more nauseous and i don't think i can take that. i have to keep my mind occupied otherwise i'll just . what's weird is that i have this thing for 'public relations' and i can't stop thinking about how i would handle this situation, how i would write a press release on this sensitive subject, stuff like that. , i know. see, i'm already plus, i had a bad idea to try a translation of the article from the russian site and no matter how inexact a babel traslation could be, the article has stricken me as a very amateur-like written piece of information. very bad idea! (trying the translation i mean)
try to calm down a little and please go easy on those kids, they are so

take care

I am very happy to be alive. There is much fun to be had. Music, movies, books, paintings, drawings... I hope you have these things where you are. If you have them, what does the real world matter anyway? JF - Letter for Children Of The Future

we are the same ♥

Last edited by rafaelita : 10-29-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:15 AM   #531
country flag NeverSayDie

NeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond repute

Ernests I'm so upset I hope he recovers soon

Nadal.Gasquet.Del Potro.Ancic.Mathieu
NeverSayDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #532
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

I just read the article and the comments on esports.lv. Most of them agree it must have been an accident. One poster writes (and I believe him, I've noticed he's a true tennis fan) that Ernests was in Lielupe courts yesterday and apparently he was fine. So I'm not worried.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #533
country flag Proxima2

Proxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evita5 View Post
I just read the article and the comments on esports.lv. Most of them agree it must have been an accident. One poster writes (and I believe him, I've noticed he's a true tennis fan) that Ernests was in Lielupe courts yesterday and apparently he was fine. So I'm not worried.
Thank you Evita, I'm feeling better…
Proxima2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #534
country flag rafaelita

Quote:
evita, thank you so much for the good news. esports.lv is working now, i'm going to start struggling to read what is written there.
lielupe is in jūrmala, if i’m not mistaken, isn't it? he’s home, he’s ok and that is great. that’s all i wanted to know. i feel so relieved that this is over. insinuating that it had anything to do with a lost match to murray, that is preposterous.
still, something official wouldn't hurt.
evita, thanks again

we are the same ♥
Old 10-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #535
country flag snjeguljica

snjeguljica has a reputation beyond reputesnjeguljica has a reputation beyond reputesnjeguljica has a reputation beyond reputesnjeguljica has a reputation beyond reputesnjeguljica has a reputation beyond reputesnjeguljica has a reputation beyond reputesnjeguljica has a reputation beyond reputesnjeguljica has a reputation beyond reputesnjeguljica has a reputation beyond reputesnjeguljica has a reputation beyond reputesnjeguljica has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!!
i just read what happened, i was offline for few days, thought i wasn't missing much and then i read this...i really really hope it was an accident and he'll recover soon
Old 10-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #536
country flag ekkikossar

ekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One poster writes (and I believe him, I've noticed he's a true tennis fan) that Ernests was in Lielupe courts yesterday and apparently he was fine.
Thanks a lot, Evita. It is just so good to have some good news. I felt like I was holding my breath since yesterday... So when I read your post I felt a lot relieved. Thanks. (I now hope that poster was reliable I would have never thought Ernests would be on courts so soon, even if he had never been hurt... I thought he would have slept for days)
ekkikossar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:35 PM   #537
country flag Jamie Quek

Jamie Quek is on a distinguished road

HOw did it even happen although its an accident? If only someone can fill us in with the specific details... And I dont believe Ernests would do such a thing, knowing he comes from a good family background.
Jamie Quek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #538
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
let's just hope this is true! thanks for the info! but I really really wanna know what happened!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #539
country flag hajnal

hajnal is on a distinguished road

Ern I hope he's okay now.

Victoria Concordia Crescit
hajnal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #540
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

There's no way to know if that poster is reliable but any positive news on Ernie these days are so welcome--after such terrible news--so I am willing to believe the poster. Thanks, Evita.

I hope the Gulbis camp will recognize the fact that there are people (his fans) who are vested in him and news events like this should be addressed officially by them. Any terse "He's fine, nothing to worry" will do if that's all they want to say...
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote