Ernests' news thread! - Page 33 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #481
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Hey to all the new posters -

You can introduce yourselves properly here: The Introduction Thread

Don't forget to put your birthdays down here too: The 'tards Birthday Calendar

- z

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #482
country flag Jamie Quek

Jamie Quek is on a distinguished road

Hi Edna!
I'm Jamie.
Jamie Quek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:59 PM   #483
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jamie
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #484
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Zahirah- i can't find the thread where you posted re the Madrid Tournament summary...i'm still a newbie on thread-trawling :retard:...so i'll respond to your post here if you don't mind. I'm as outraged as you that they didn't include Ernie in it. The injustice! We should email them en masse and complain. Hey, what are fangirls for? )
Old 10-19-2008, 11:08 PM   #485
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truedaisy View Post
Zahirah- i can't find the thread where you posted re the Madrid Tournament summary...i'm still a newbie on thread-trawling :retard:...so i'll respond to your post here if you don't mind. I'm as outraged as you that they didn't include Ernie in it. The injustice! We should email them en masse and complain. Hey, what are fangirls for? )
It was in the Brrr, it's cold in here! thread sorry - the threads move pretty fast around here especially in this particular forum.

Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
Old 10-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #486
country flag Truedaisy

Old 10-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #487
country flag jitterbug

Hi guys,

Fontanka.ru (and subsequently, eSports.lv) published some very disturbing allegations today. I'm sure you will stumble upon them anyway sometime in the next few days so I'm putting a summary of them up here right now. Please bear in mind that they have not been confirmed to be true - Ernests has neither affirmed nor denied them.

I hope for Ernie's sake that this is not true and just a mean-spirited rumour. Take with a very, very big grain of salt - you will need it.

----

http://esports.lv/teniss/28102008-kas_noticis_ar_gulbi

Ernests allegedly cut open a vein in his arm on the night of 23/24 October after his loss to Murray. It occurred in Hotel Europe, where he stayed in St Petersburg. He was reported to have lost a lot of blood in the hotel and at the Medem clinic, where he was rushed. Fontanka.ru claimed to have verified that Ernests checked into the clinic, but the medical staff said that information will only be released to relatives.

---

UPDATE: eSports.lv has updated its article to say that it's an accident and not a deliberate injury. Still no word from the Gulbis camp.

Quote:

Last edited by jitterbug : 10-28-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:14 PM   #488
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Euhm, the way you say it now it sounds like he cut it open himself? I hope you mean something else... Anyway, I don't feel well right now. I feel dizzy and my hands are shaking a bit. I hope it's not true but I'm very concerned right now.

If this would be a joke from someone, I swear I'm going over to some action to find that person. You don't just make a joke of this. I really don't feel well
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #489
country flag jitterbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
Euhm, the way you say it now it sounds like he cut it open himself?
That's what the original Russian article implied, but again.. There's no substantial fact at this point. You can run the Google translator over the link that yaniss gave in the other thread.

If it's a joke then it's a really sick, disgusting one.

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #490
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Omg... but I wonder if you just make up a story like that. That's why I'm so afraid something of it is true, and on the other hand I think Erno is just too down to earth to do it himself. I want some news I got a headache from it already.
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
Old 10-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #491
country flag jitterbug

The best case scenario would be for the story to be completely untrue.

On the other hand, if he did injure his wrist by accident, it'd still take a long time to recover the poor kid doesn't need another injury at this point.

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 PM   #492
country flag Proxima2

Proxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond repute

Omg… I don't know what to say, I just hope that is not true…and I share your opinion and emotion Zahirah and Ellen…
Proxima2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #493
country flag jitterbug

eSports.lv has updated it to say it's an accident.

Still a terrible blow, though.. How long does an athlete take to recover from something like that?

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 09:49 PM   #494
country flag ellen_

I was just on my way to post it here. We don't know how deep the cut is, Zahirah. So I can't really say how long it would take. I don't think there is some nerve hurt, because of the last sentence "Ar sportista veselības stāvokli viss ir kārtībā, un Ernests droši varēs gatavoties nākamā gada sezonai." Only the vein. If the wound is healed (on his vein and on his arm), I think he can pick up his racket again. And that should go pretty fast.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #495
country flag erica

erica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond reputeerica has a reputation beyond repute

It's horrible news, whatever happened. Let's hope a fast recovery, both physically and mentally.
erica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote