Ernests' news thread! - Page 148 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #2206
country flag takuma

takuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Thx Gin Latvians rule so far! Looks like they shouldn't have problems tomorrow either, and take the whole tie 3-0.
takuma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #2207
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

There's a video on sportacentrs.com and it has a short interview with Ernests. About the beginning of the season, he says that they had decided not to go to Doha because he didn't want to play qualifying, but then he was practicing so well in December that he changed his mind and called his agent and asked to get him into the Doha qualies. But it was already too late so they decided to stick with the original plan.

Ernests says that he played well in Heilbronn, he was pretty satisfied with both of his matches. He says this was the longest pause between tournaments that he's ever had. He's pretty eager to play more.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #2208
country flag MaxItaly

MaxItaly has a reputation beyond reputeMaxItaly has a reputation beyond reputeMaxItaly has a reputation beyond reputeMaxItaly has a reputation beyond reputeMaxItaly has a reputation beyond reputeMaxItaly has a reputation beyond reputeMaxItaly has a reputation beyond reputeMaxItaly has a reputation beyond reputeMaxItaly has a reputation beyond reputeMaxItaly has a reputation beyond reputeMaxItaly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra83 View Post
No probs at all!!! It was just a quick chat....no more italian I swear!! Ahahah
Azz. Gin , ci hanno beccato !
MaxItaly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #2209
country flag gogrox
Banned!

gogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
There's a video on sportacentrs.com and it has a short interview with Ernests. About the beginning of the season, he says that they had decided not to go to Doha because he didn't want to play qualifying, but then he was practicing so well in December that he changed his mind and called his agent and asked to get him into the Doha qualies. But it was already too late so they decided to stick with the original plan.

Ernests says that he played well in Heilbronn, he was pretty satisfied with both of his matches. He says this was the longest pause between tournaments that he's ever had. He's pretty eager to play more.
thx for the translation good to hear that he is satisfied with his matches in Heilbronn and that he is eager to play.
gogrox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #2210
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Gulbis/Juska won 7:6 2:6 6:3 6:4 and made 3:0 against Tunisia, waiting for Belarus or Monaco

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 125 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 72 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) SF Umag (with kr1s17an) Won : Cordeones CH (with Freak3yman84)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 10:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #2211
country flag kryptonmania

kryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond repute

Gulbis Dismisses Haase; Del Potro In Action Later

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...In-Action.aspx

Latvian qualifier Ernests Gulbis lost just 10 points on serve as he dismissed Robin Haase of The Netherlands 6-2, 6-1 in the first round of the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament on Tuesday in Rotterdam. The 24-year-old Gulbis, who has fallen to No. 132 in the Emirates ATP Rankings from a career-high No. 21, claimed his second tour-level win of the season.

Gulbis goes onto face the winner of a blockbuster first-round clash between second seed Juan Martin del Potro and French wild card Gael Monfils.
kryptonmania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #2212
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

According to SC Ernests will play i Q in Marseille
eze is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #2213
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

According to SC, Ernests got a wild card for Marseille
Old 02-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #2214
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
According to SC, Ernests got a wild card for Marseille
Cool fingers crossed for good draw, this tournament has very strong field this year.
eze is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #2215
country flag deyaT87

deyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond repute

Good for him, he doesn't have to play qualification
hope for good draw
deyaT87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #2216
country flag bubi

bubi is on a distinguished road

http://www.open13.fr/news-day-2013-3...l#debutcontenu
yes,he got a WC ,i think he's got a good chance here considering his game last week
bubi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #2217
country flag deyaT87

deyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond repute

In first round he play against Nieminen, and second round if he win against Berdych.
deyaT87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #2218

kryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond repute

Gulbis Wins Second Delray Beach Title

Delray Beach, U.S.A.
by ATP Staff

World No. 109 Ernests Gulbis defeated 105th-ranked Edouard Roger-Vasselin 7-6(3), 6-3 to lift his second trophy at the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships on Sunday.

Having won their previous three meetings on the ATP Challenger Tour, the Latvian opened with a 2-0 lead before Roger-Vasselin settled into the match. The Frenchman held set point when serving at 5-4, but couldn’t capitalise. From there, Gulbis increased in confidence on serve, and went on the close out the victory in one hour and 36 minutes.

The match-up marked the first time two players ranked outside the Top 100 of the Emirates ATP Rankings contested an ATP World Tour final since 2007 in Houston (No. 108 Karlovic d. No. 150 Zabaleta). Gulbis is the first qualifier to win a tour-level trophy in more than a year. Jarkko Nieminen was the last player to achieve the feat at the Apia International Sydney in January 2011.

Gulbis, the 2010 titlist, improved to a 3-0 record in ATP World Tour finals and became the fourth multiple title winner at the ATP World Tour 250 hard-court event, joining Jan-Michael Gambill (2001, 2003), Jason Stoltenberg (1996-97) and Xavier Malisse (2005, 2007). He is the third qualifier to triumph in Delray Beach.

Roger-Vasselin was appearing in his first ATP World Tour final. With his performance this week, the 29 year old will rise to around No. 79. Gulbis is set to jump to around No. 52 by winning the title.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #2219

Herald Sun
Latvian qualifier Ernests Gulbis wins Florida tennis title

LATVIAN qualifier Ernests Gulbis has won his third career ATP title by beating France's Edouard Roger-Vasselin 7-6 (7-3) 6-3 at the Delray Beach International.

Gulbis, ranked four spots below his opponent at 109 in the world, saved a set point in the 10th game of the match with a backhand winner and broke back on his way to taking his second Delray Beach crown in four years.

"I'm really happy," Gulbis said. "I worked hard. These last nine days were tough. I had a match almost every day, except one day it rained, so I'm exhausted now."

Gulbis won his first career title at Delray Beach in 2010 and his only other ATP crown came in 2011 at Los Angeles, an event that is ending after this year.

"It's my favourite tournament. It's the only tournament in the world I am winning," Gulbis said.

After congratulating Roger-Vasselin for reaching his first ATP final, Gulbis said he hoped the victory would help launch him into the world's top 50.

"I hope it's your breakthrough tournament as it is for me, to come back from when I was 150,000th in the world," Gulbis said. "I'd like to make the top 50.

"I don't think nothing, just don't care and play. If you think too much you are going to lose for sure."

A double fault by Gulbis handed the Frenchman a break and a 5-4 lead in the first set, but after his backhand to deny Roger-Vasselin the set, Gulbis battled back to break even at 5-5.

Gulbis, who was 21 in the world two years ago, jumped ahead 4-1 in the tie-breaker before each man won two points on his own serve and Roger-Vasselin went wide with a backhand to drop the set.

"I thought I served pretty well," Roger-Vasselin said. "I had a set point but he made an unbelievable backhand winner."

The $455,775 outdoor hardcourt event was the final US tuneup for the ATP Masters Series event next week at Indian Wells, California.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #2220
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubi View Post
http://www.open13.fr/news-day-2013-3...l#debutcontenu
yes,he got a WC ,i think he's got a good chance here considering his game last week
It would be wonderful if he gets a wildcard for IW. But I don't see it anywhere yet,

Your reference might be for last tourney in Marseilles.

Draw is not yet out in IW because they take tomorrow's ranking.

He should be now ranked 67. Just too late for IW main draw.

Last edited by osmonde : 03-03-2013 at 11:48 PM.
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote